• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here It Comes

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take from this what you will...

According to Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, those players connected to Biogenesis face a 6 p.m. ET deadline on Sunday to settle their cases with MLB.
Once that deadline passes, MLB will reportedly make two announcements on Monday: In one, they'll announce suspensions for players who have accepted penalties. The other will announce suspensions for players who refused to accept a deal and could challenge the decision before an arbitrator. Alex Rodriguez could potentially face a lifetime ban, but reports indicate that he is prepared to challenge through arbitration. Among the other players involved include Rangers' outfielder Nelson Cruz, Tigers' shortstop Jhonny Peralta, and Padres' shortstop Everth Cabrera, all of whom are expected to receive 50-game suspensions.

I'm betting the Rev is right about Everth. He has absolutely no incentive for appealing the suspension with the Pads pretty much done for the year. Peralta and Cruz are the ones to wait on.

That said, it'll kill me to let Cabrera go and find out he's decided to fight, even though it's gotta be 99% sure that he won't. :gaah:

Btw, there's one thing I hate even more than closers...that's A-Rod. I don't think i've ever loathed a ballplayer as much as I do this scumbag.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, I dropped Everth from the two teams I had him on. Guess we'll see what happens...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, I dropped Everth from the two teams I had him on. Guess we'll see what happens...

Here is an ongoing question (if we let it).

Like Chef above, I too had to kick Cabrera to the curb, and did so today. However, I think it will be interesting to see who you "turned him into".

I also have Cabrera twice. In the first league, I just turned him into Brett Lawrie. In Yahoo, Cabrera is 2B/SS elig, and Lawrie is 2B/3B. I went with Lawrie, as I needed another 3B more than an SS. Becasue of league settings ( which I hate. Thanks Rev ), he is playing for me today.

In my 2nd league, I just turned him into Andrelton Simmons, SS, who has been hot of late.

Who did you suspended players "become"?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an ongoing question (if we let it).

Like Chef above, I too had to kick Cabrera to the curb, and did so today. However, I think it will be interesting to see who you "turned him into".

I also have Cabrera twice. In the first league, I just turned him into Brett Lawrie. In Yahoo, Cabrera is 2B/SS elig, and Lawrie is 2B/3B. I went with Lawrie, as I needed another 3B more than an SS. Becasue of league settings ( which I hate. Thanks Rev ), he is playing for me today.

In my 2nd league, I just turned him into Andrelton Simmons, SS, who has been hot of late.

Who did you suspended players "become"?

Nick Franklin on both, at least for now.

In MBBRL, Nancy Drew (for this week at least)/Brad Miller/Martin Prado are options to play around with.