• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here comes Fox

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even talking about watching their shit via streaming services. I'm talking about digital content and services like recruiting, which failed.

So you are now claiming that ESPN decided to just up and pay all this money for college football contracts recently....but they expected for recruiting services to make up for losing subscriptions?

Just how fucking stupid are you?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are now claiming that ESPN decided to just up and pay all this money for college football contracts recently....but they expected for recruiting services to make up for losing subscriptions?

Just how fucking stupid are you?
What do you think all the "insider" content is/was about genius? That rolled out the same time the message boards were removed. They wanted people to pay for their digital content to offset the losses of their network. Fans who still did watch ESPN, either via their cable service or via streaming services, might also want the corresponding content on their site. So most articles became "inside only" content. Similarly, they launched team and conference specific sub-sites for CFB and recruiting. All of that garbage failed to offset the cord-cutting losses because no one wanted to pay for bad content.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think all the "insider" content is/was about genius? That rolled out the same time the message boards were removed. They wanted people to pay for their digital content to offset the losses of their network. Fans who still did watch ESPN, either via their cable service or via streaming services, might also want the corresponding content on their site. So most articles became "inside only" content. Similarly, they launched team and conference specific sub-sites for CFB and recruiting. All of that garbage failed to offset the cord-cutting losses because no one wanted to pay for bad content.

lol do you really think they thought insider would off set cord cutting? They bet on sports fans sticking with cable, but instead a lot of people just chose to watch less sports and cut the cord anyway.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mwdP15q.gif

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well staying true the title of the thread:

Hopefully they replace Joel Klat! With someone that sucks just as bad as he does...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Fox got the Tex/OU game- think started last year?- it was not good news. Texas fans hated the move away from the traditional carrier of the game for many years.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well staying true the title of the thread:

Hopefully they replace Joel Klat! With someone that sucks just as bad as he does...

Whenever I see Joel Klat, I think Joel 'Splat', and can still see him in the Big12 Champ game when Texas beat Colorado 70-3 in 2005.

Klatt got killed, knocked into lala land. Cant remember if he rode the ambulance to the hospital? Just remember feeling kind of sorry for him that day.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Fox got the Tex/OU game- think started last year?- it was not good news. Texas fans hated the move away from the traditional carrier of the game for many years.
Well, we denizens of the North didn't mind it one bit.

The mommyship and all of its iterations don't like us much...fuck a mouse anywho.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we denizens of the North didn't mind it one bit.

The mommyship and all of its iterations don't like us much...fuck a mouse anywho.

Ah, didnt really bother me-I mean I have a remote and cable. But a lot of people were pissed it wasnt on ABC like it had been for 25 years or something. Of course it was Fox Sports 1, or channel 97 or 400 on your Time Warner/Spectrum dial, not the 'big' Fox, whatever the hell they call it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder whatever happened to Norka? Had some good discussions in GR's Ice Haus on Fannation!

He got the can a couple years ago because he rustled Doobeedoobeedoo's jimmies. Doobs got the boot about a year later.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha. Just last year a fox sports writer wrote how Michigan Ohio State isnt the best rivalry, and its not even close. Wonder what he will write this year now that his employer paid millions of dollars to show it?

Why Ohio State-Michigan isn't close to the best rivalry in college football | FOX Sports

For the record I am not one of those crazies who say you have to agree it is the best or your wrong, but when its not even close" is added then you are full of shit

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good for Fox to be moving forward with college football, especially with ESPN probably going to scale back a bit on the spending.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I ever had an avatar approved at robustESPN. I tried and tried and tried, then just gave up.

The only time I ever go to ESPN website now is during college football season.

On the flip side, since I am an old(age wise) poster, meaning more mature, I was never banned. Unlike a few in this thread and TexasExes(probably banned around 40 times is my guess) and that just starting in 2008. FeartheFortyAcres98, OrangeBlood1 through Orangeblood99, TexasFight98XI, he was probably Libertarian, and many other names that I forget now.

Even though I was an ESPN member since 2001, when I went back to the ESPN Big 12 boards in 2008, I ran into TexasExes and one of his many aliases. I even had to notify the guy who ran our pickems that Exes was banned and was reincarnated. BTW, TexasExes sucked at pickems. I think he would play a few weeks, be in last place, then quit.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame ESPN Deportes