• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here comes Fox

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because Fox broadcasts suck and they won't even take the time to do a college football intro so they just use the NFL intro.
The announcers seem worse as well. At least ESPN has specialized college announcers. It felt like they were NFL guys calling a college game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers seem worse as well. At least ESPN has specialized college announcers. It felt like they were NFL guys calling a college game.

Brando, Davis and obviously Gus Johnson are all pretty good PBP guys. I think ESPN's college football has taken a big step back without Sean McDonough, Brad Nessler and with Musberger retiring.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brando, Davis and obviously Gus Johnson are all pretty good PBP guys. I think ESPN's college football has taken a big step back without Sean McDonough, Brad Nessler and with Musberger retiring.
True, but they still have guys like Herbie and Fowler or Levy/Griese

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but they still have guys like Herbie and Fowler or Levy/Griese

Fowler is alright, but I still think he's a step down from the other 3 I mentioned. And I never understood Levy doing PBP. He's much better on Sportscenter.

Also, Joel Klatt is very good at Fox.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to god that FOX doesn't hire this guy?
mark-may-be-like-damn-it-buckeyes-not-again-osu-284998.png
647a6e913f571b3ad21593513184ec5e.jpg
633352.jpg

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously not enough. That's why that deal ESPN made with the devil, I mean the SEC is killing them.
College football is actually profitable for them. Pro football and the other sports are killing them. Paying 1 billion for Monday Night Football was stupid.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Competition is healthy.

Yeah, not having custom graphics or music may turn some people off...or not having 3 hours of boring insipid pre-game.

But waaaaah.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. The ESPN/SEC deal is based on revenue sharing, it's impossible ESPN is losing money from it.
The Devil is killing them. The rest of the sports are running from ESPN. They are like the Trump of sports broadcasting.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devil is killing them. The rest of the sports are running from ESPN. They are like the Trump of sports broadcasting.

I think it's funny how everyone takes whatever beef they have with ESPN and then claiming that is the reason ESPN laid people off etc.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's funny how everyone takes whatever beef they have with ESPN and then claiming that is the reason ESPN laid people off etc.
I have no beef with ESPN. I am just here to educate the unwashed masses.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@USCDoom @MAIZEandBLUE09 is it sad that after feeling slighted by ESPN so long ago, now it's like when you win the break-up?

Also what a crappy board it truly was, they would IP ban for saying their updates sucked. And they IP banned me because I may or may not have made sexually suggestive comments incinuating Kellen Moore looked like he was constantly taking one in the back door with that grin of his. I was on name like 15 before I was perma banned. Site sucked, people were cool but not worth the hassle for a foul mouthed freshman in college.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@USCDoom @MAIZEandBLUE09 is it sad that after feeling slighted by ESPN so long ago, now it's like when you win the break-up?

Also what a crappy board it truly was, they would IP ban for saying their updates sucked. And they IP banned me because I may or may not have made sexually suggestive comments incinuating Kellen Moore looked like he was constantly taking one in the back door with that grin of his. I was on name like 15 before I was perma banned. Site sucked, people were cool but not worth the hassle for a foul mouthed freshman in college.
I got perma-banned so many times and had to e-mail support asking to unban me lol. What's odd is how inconsistent it all was. I said so many bad things all the time that was against their "rules" but the last time they banned me they told me it was because I said something like, "you suck", to someone. It was a joke. Every time it happened it was like, "god damn it, not again ****switches to alternate account MAIZEandBLUE09-01"

This board is definitely better, and more active; especially so as more major sites close their boards or make them pay-only. The only thing I miss a bit is how the main board on ESPN was a little more CFB/General discussion than this where general discussion, sports and politics are all separate boards. Not so much the politics, because that gets a decent amount of traffic here, but the general board just doesn't have the amount of people looking at it as the main CFB board does.

Last note I just thought of -- do you remember how hard it was to get a profile picture approved there? I got banned one time for trying to get a picture of Rich Rod with a wizard hat as my pic.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got perma-banned so many times and had to e-mail support asking to unban me lol. What's odd is how inconsistent it all was. I said so many bad things all the time that was against their "rules" but the last time they banned me they told me it was because I said something like, "you suck", to someone. It was a joke. Every time it happened it was like, "god damn it, not again ****switches to alternate account MAIZEandBLUE09-01"

This board is definitely better, and more active; especially so as more major sites close their boards or make them pay-only. The only thing I miss a bit is how the main board on ESPN was a little more CFB/General discussion than this where general discussion, sports and politics are all separate boards. Not so much the politics, because that gets a decent amount of traffic here, but the general board just doesn't have the amount of people looking at it as the main CFB board does.

Last note I just thought of -- do you remember how hard it was to get a profile picture approved there? I got banned one time for trying to get a picture of Rich Rod with a wizard hat as my pic.
Don't recall the avi issue. I was only a member for like a year and a half or two.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Avi's were such a bitch which is why we did a signature bet instead of avi bets.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The narcissistic bully Mickey is just pissing-off too many folks.

giphy.gif