• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

helmets and jerseys

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if there are plans for a throwback jersey similar to the last couple of years? I ask only cause ISU has a special jersey combo for their game vs Iowa this year (it's not exactly attractive IMO)

I saw on the Iowa Book site the regular jersey style for this year...have to say, I love our helmets, one of the best looking in the game, but wow, our jerseys are way too generic. I would love to see Iowa on them instead of the very small tigerhawk at the bottom of the V on the neck...and yes, I know all about the history with Fry and the Steelers and such, but I just think there is a way we could put out a better looking jersey.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Hawkeye Heaven posted photos a while back on Facebook of our throwback jerseys? I could be wrong. But I seem to remember thinking they were fairly hideous as well. Not as bad as the Ronald McDonald jerseys that the Clowns got stuck with.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, did my own research, do not see that they will wear anything but the normal black or white jerseys this year...both very generic a la KF era stuff

no throwbacks this year, the ones you reference Clem are from last year the 1921-22 with the black down the middle and gold on the sides...yep ugly

Still I wish they would put an Iowa across the chest, but then again I would love to see the tigerhawk painted in the middle of the field as well. It would look great on our tv games, not sure who is in charge of all that but if we can get new video boards and spend tons of money on that, surely it wouldn't be hard to put a tigerhawk in the middle of the field for the games.

It's like that old song...everywhere we go, people want to know, who we are...well if you are a Hawkeye, no one would know from our field or jerseys

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawk you just want those stupid Hawkwing'd throwbacks that Hayden tried out. Those were the ugliest uni's ever donned by our Black and Gold. On a down note, I heard Piersbacher is headed to Alabama where he will not start at all.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, no, those were horrible, I just want to see Iowa across the front or a bigger tigerhawk on there and would love to see the same on the field, either in gold outlined in black or even a dang script Iowa from the old basketball jerseys, something to spice it up just a tad...no stripes on the shoulder pad, we aren't Oregon by any means, although I have liked some of their looks