• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello. Some of you know me from

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome cameronfrye! I read many of your posts since the early 2000 seasons - very insightful and knowledgeable stuff.

*btw, cal, the dividends don't really kick in until after you get your 6th recruit :D

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
welcome cameronfrye! I read many of your posts since the early 2000 seasons - very insightful and knowledgeable stuff.

*btw, cal, the dividends don't really kick in until after you get your 6th recruit :D

SHIT, you are right <reading fine print now>

Filo, you shyster!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome sir I'm sure when you get around to the hockey board here you'll notice its a major upgrade from Disneys

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where else have you guys gone?

He was referring to a group moved from ESPN over to the run board. Never been there myself, but I enjoyed the banter of Teh Mules on the ESPN board in the early 2000s (that just made me feel old). There were also some guys that escaped to McCovey Chronicles, but I like this place because filo charges a reasonable fee (inside joke - man, that sounds pretentious, sorry). Anyway, sportshoopla is awesome. Disney can eat a dick.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Cam. Another solid poster on here. The game threads just got better!

Been wondering where you went over on the Warrior board. Tzill and others are fighting the good fight against some real jackasses on there. They've won some battles, but not sure if they will win the war.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been wondering where you went over on the Warrior board. Tzill and others are fighting the good fight against some real jackasses on there. They've won some battles, but not sure if they will win the war.

That board has REALLY gone to shit. The Niner board went to crap years ago, but the W's board was usually troll free -- now, it's just a mess. Very few posters worth the time to read.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That board has REALLY gone to shit. The Niner board went to crap years ago, but the W's board was usually troll free -- now, it's just a mess. Very few posters worth the time to read.

+1. Still more than the Giants' board, though.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Colin - I just posted there to "clear up" some confusion about how trade exceptions can and cannot be used, but I generally don't read that board too often and I post even less frequently because, like the runboard and the espn Giants board, it is filled with idiots and trolls. Back in the day, I loved the board because even the guys with whom I disagreed I could consider intelligent and I could understand their point of view. Now it's just "Jeremy Lin is the greatest thing ever and you all hate him because he's Asian" or 'Monta Ellis is the worst player in the world and he's totally overrated. I wish the Warriors would trade him."

There's just no intelligent discourse going on there. It's easier for me to not post at all than to try to battle through the trolls.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup Cam.
My bad - I haven't posted here in awhile - have spent most of my time on the ESPN Niners board talking about the draft, Harbaugh, and arguing with a regular there who I deem as an idiot. Anyways, great to have you on board. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sup Cam.
My bad - I haven't posted here in awhile - have spent most of my time on the ESPN Niners board talking about the draft, Harbaugh, and arguing with a regular there who I deem as an idiot. Anyways, great to have you on board. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season.

I Cazic have Cazic no Cazic idea Cazic which Cazic poster Cazic you Cazic are Cazic talking Cazic about Cazic.

Thanks a lot. I am looking forward to this season as well.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Cazic have Cazic no Cazic idea Cazic which Cazic poster Cazic you Cazic are Cazic talking Cazic about Cazic.

Thanks a lot. I am looking forward to this season as well.

Yeah, I thought the post by Ninermind on Cazic was classic. In case you haven't read it:

[BLOCKQUOTE]Alex Smith cleaned out his locker last week. I'm sure he was as glad to be free of us as we are with him. But just reported was this letter that was found wedged between the wood and the concrete. Apparently, back in 2005 when his his fan mail was slowly turned to hate mail Alex stopped reading the letters and allowed a staffer to answer them. This letter was one of the last to reach Alex, but it somehow got buried under garbage and eventually shoved away until just now. The following is the text from that letter:

December 25, 2005

Dear Alex,

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a great Christmas and got everything you wanted. Congratulations yesterday on getting your second win as a 49er against the Rams. I know once Mike Nolan let's you loose, you'll be throwing for 300 yards every week! But I'll take it. Christmas was very good for me! I got a brand new HD DVD player, and I'm preordering my 2005 49ers yearbook DVD. It will be fun to look back on your days when your were just learning when you're making your annual trip to the pro bowl!

Good luck this week against Houston. I'll share with you a secret, though. I'm hoping you'll play your heart out, but lose the game so we can draft your old high school teammate, Reggie Bush. Could he change direction in midair back then? I can't believe all these news stories about Reggie getting help from boosters. Oh well. He won the Heisman. They can never take that away from him. It'll be so great when we draft Reggie for you. We'll have the best quarterback in football, the best running back in football, and the best wide receiver in football (Reggie being both of the last two).

I hope this isn't too forward, but I'd like to meet. I've bought plane tickets to get to the NFL draft in Radio City Music Hall in New York. I know that after we take the loss this week against Houston you'll want to go there to meet your new #1 weapon, the best young prospect ever to hit the NFL. You don't have to answer my letter, but I'll be waiting for you at the top of the Empire State Building at 8PM the night of the draft. Meet me there. You'll know me because I'll be carrying 49 red roses. I so hope you'll be there! If you didn't, I'd...I'd... I'd terrorize the ESPN Message Boards for the next ten years talking about nothing but you! But I know that won't happen. You're the best!

Waiting for you,

Cameron "Caz" Isaacs, class of '99
[/BLOCKQUOTE]

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I thought the post by Ninermind on Cazic was classic. In case you haven't read it:

[BLOCKQUOTE]Alex Smith cleaned out his locker last week. I'm sure he was as glad to be free of us as we are with him. But just reported was this letter that was found wedged between the wood and the concrete. Apparently, back in 2005 when his his fan mail was slowly turned to hate mail Alex stopped reading the letters and allowed a staffer to answer them. This letter was one of the last to reach Alex, but it somehow got buried under garbage and eventually shoved away until just now. The following is the text from that letter:

December 25, 2005

Dear Alex,

Merry Christmas! I hope you had a great Christmas and got everything you wanted. Congratulations yesterday on getting your second win as a 49er against the Rams. I know once Mike Nolan let's you loose, you'll be throwing for 300 yards every week! But I'll take it. Christmas was very good for me! I got a brand new HD DVD player, and I'm preordering my 2005 49ers yearbook DVD. It will be fun to look back on your days when your were just learning when you're making your annual trip to the pro bowl!

Good luck this week against Houston. I'll share with you a secret, though. I'm hoping you'll play your heart out, but lose the game so we can draft your old high school teammate, Reggie Bush. Could he change direction in midair back then? I can't believe all these news stories about Reggie getting help from boosters. Oh well. He won the Heisman. They can never take that away from him. It'll be so great when we draft Reggie for you. We'll have the best quarterback in football, the best running back in football, and the best wide receiver in football (Reggie being both of the last two).

I hope this isn't too forward, but I'd like to meet. I've bought plane tickets to get to the NFL draft in Radio City Music Hall in New York. I know that after we take the loss this week against Houston you'll want to go there to meet your new #1 weapon, the best young prospect ever to hit the NFL. You don't have to answer my letter, but I'll be waiting for you at the top of the Empire State Building at 8PM the night of the draft. Meet me there. You'll know me because I'll be carrying 49 red roses. I so hope you'll be there! If you didn't, I'd...I'd... I'd terrorize the ESPN Message Boards for the next ten years talking about nothing but you! But I know that won't happen. You're the best!

Waiting for you,

Cameron "Caz" Isaacs, class of '99
[/BLOCKQUOTE]

LMFAO! I had never read that. What a beautiful piece of prose!