• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hello. Some of you know me from

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of you know me from the ESPN boards while others will get to hate... err- I mean know - me soon enough.

I have been known as Cameron Frye for quite some time and it really is a moniker that fits me. I am a lifelong Giants fan and I also follow the Warriors, the Niners and the Red Wings (with a passing interest in the Sharks because they are local).

What I am looking for is intelligent discourse about the Giants. I quit posting on the ESPN boards because of the lack of intelligence and I could not follow most of the regulars over to that other board (the sportshoop.la Giants forum) because of the same reason.

I cannot guarantee you that I will be here daily, but I will do my best to be a regular nuisance - err, poster (that keeps happening) - when the season approaches.

By the way, I found you guys totally by accident, but decided to register because I saw a few former posting friends who seem to have become regulars here. SO if you guys end up hating me, blame the following:

1. tzill - first and foremost, it is his fault
1a. filosofy29 - see tzill for reasons why
2. ColinCoby - a cool Warrior board guy
3. EricSmith - See ColinCoby for reasons why
4. Yoshi - I am assuming this is the Yoshi who posts on the Niners board. I was never a reg poster there, but read a lot.

I know there are others, and I will see them as I post more.

Anyway, cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Giants boards go, this is GiantsBoard 2.0. This is the second exodus destination of the ESPN board regulars. We are still young (less than a half season) and most of us still post at ESPN, but this is where I call home now (ESPN is second choice, and it serves a different purpose now this this board exists).

The atmosphere here is much more respectful. We will fuck with each other, but it is more so friends fucking with each other than it is over at the ESPN boards where it is like the drunk bastard in the 8th inning just screaming obscenities hoping to get the RFer to look over.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy :)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you know me from the ESPN boards while others will get to hate... err- I mean know - me soon enough.

I have been known as Cameron Frye for quite some time and it really is a moniker that fits me. I am a lifelong Giants fan and I also follow the Warriors, the Niners and the Red Wings (with a passing interest in the Sharks because they are local).

What I am looking for is intelligent discourse about the Giants. I quit posting on the ESPN boards because of the lack of intelligence and I could not follow most of the regulars over to that other board (the sportshoop.la Giants forum) because of the same reason.

I cannot guarantee you that I will be here daily, but I will do my best to be a regular nuisance - err, poster (that keeps happening) - when the season approaches.

By the way, I found you guys totally by accident, but decided to register because I saw a few former posting friends who seem to have become regulars here. SO if you guys end up hating me, blame the following:

1. tzill - first and foremost, it is his fault
1a. filosofy29 - see tzill for reasons why
2. ColinCoby - a cool Warrior board guy
3. EricSmith - See ColinCoby for reasons why
4. Yoshi - I am assuming this is the Yoshi who posts on the Niners board. I was never a reg poster there, but read a lot.

I know there are others, and I will see them as I post more.

Anyway, cheers!

Welcome, welcome Cam. Glad you found us. Basically, we came to this board en masse (kudos to Filo for finding the forum) to escape the lameness and douchebaggery that the ESPN Giants board has become. I think you'll find the discourse here pretty solid -- ranging from the erudite (and yes, I mean YOU gp) to the common sensical without any of the general douchebaggery you find on other boards :-):cough:: Nolan ::cough::). A great advantage of this forum is that it's moderated, so if you don't piss Filo off (which seems to be difficult to do despite my efforts) you're golden.

Also, we can drop the occasional fucking f-bomb. And we have the gifmaster (erudite bastard that HE is).

Oh, and avatars. Wonderful, wonderful avatars.

Love your stuff on the Warriors board, Cam....welcome aboard.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As far as Giants boards go, this is GiantsBoard 2.0. This is the second exodus destination of the ESPN board regulars. We are still young (less than a half season) and most of us still post at ESPN, but this is where I call home now (ESPN is second choice, and it serves a different purpose now this this board exists).

The atmosphere here is much more respectful. We will fuck with each other, but it is more so friends fucking with each other than it is over at the ESPN boards where it is like the drunk bastard in the 8th inning just screaming obscenities hoping to get the RFer to look over.

Anyway, welcome and enjoy :)

That was the general idea I got by perusing these fine boards before I decided to sign up.

And I enjoy the subtle differences between the knowledgeable smackdown and the drunken lout in the bleachers. I strive to be the former, but if I ever become the latter, just let me know. Seriously - tell me directly.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welcome, welcome Cam. Glad you found us. Basically, we came to this board en masse (kudos to Filo for finding the forum) to escape the lameness and douchebaggery that the ESPN Giants board has become. I think you'll find the discourse here pretty solid -- ranging from the erudite (and yes, I mean YOU gp) to the common sensical without any of the general douchebaggery you find on other boards :-):cough:: Nolan ::cough::). A great advantage of this forum is that it's moderated, so if you don't piss Filo off (which seems to be difficult to do despite my efforts) you're golden.

Also, we can drop the occasional fucking f-bomb. And we have the gifmaster (erudite bastard that HE is).

Love your stuff on the Warriors board, Cam....welcome aboard.

Thanks tzill. I have been searching for a halfway decent place to post for the past year or so. I just cannot stomach the ESPN boards any longer and sportshoop.la 1.0 has become much the same way. While there are still posters I enjoy over there (balzac, dredinis, ram, relo and billabong), they are few and far between. For every scholarly post I read, I have to sift through hundreds of banal, asinine, or just downright useless posts just to get there. For that, this Dude cannot abide.

Oh, and there's not a fucking thing wrong with dropping the occasional f-bomb.

Thanks for the welcome tzill.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I could stare at yours for hours. But I get the feeling that no matter how long I stare, a stiff breeze will not come along and blow that jersey open any more than it already is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks tzill. I have been searching for a halfway decent place to post for the past year or so. I just cannot stomach the ESPN boards any longer and sportshoop.la 1.0 has become much the same way. While there are still posters I enjoy over there (balzac, dredinis, ram, relo and billabong), they are few and far between. For every scholarly post I read, I have to sift through hundreds of banal, asinine, or just downright useless posts just to get there. For that, this Dude cannot abide.

Oh, and there's not a fucking thing wrong with dropping the occasional f-bomb.

Thanks for the welcome tzill.

I've checkout the runboard a few times... My main problem with it is all those fucking smilies that pop up when you want to reply that send your computer into a seizure....And yeah, the posters over there, as they say, "Not too bright...."

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard Cam. FYI, the ESPN Sharks Board is now over here too.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome aboard Cam. FYI, the ESPN Sharks Board is now over here too.

Feel free to grab Chuck, Bill, so money, shaff and others for a Warriors exodus. Things haven't gotten as bad as the Giants' ESPN board over there yet, but I don't know if I can go through another trade deadline season on ESPN's boards. Welcome, Cam! Glad you found this place. Finally, someone other than cal to put tzill and filo in their places. :).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to grab Chuck, Bill, so money, shaff and others for a Warriors exodus. Things haven't gotten as bad as the Giants' ESPN board over there yet, but I don't know if I can go through another trade deadline season on ESPN's boards. Welcome, Cam! Glad you found this place. Finally, someone other than cal to put tzill and filo in their places. :).

Please, Cal is harmless. He has to pay his monthly dues just like the rest of 'em. Now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox Heath. ;)

EDIT: Also, out of curiosity, how did you find this place Cam? Google search?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think my avatar works :(

How do I do it again haha?

ANYWAY....

Welcome aboard. Most people here had an experience with Tito, Nolan or both (and many other trolls, but they all come back to Tito and Nolan) and we just got tired of all the bullshit over there. Always nice to have new posters and don't worry about not being to active, people aroung here come and go.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cam - welcome
I remember you from the early days at ESPN. Actually you were there when the mules were. I never really posted much. Just liked to read through the boards. Then, as you said the board changed. No real exchange of ideas or opinions. Just a lot of in fighting. Now the board is controlled by trolls. I still don't post that much but always stop by here to catch up on the latest SF news is.
I'm nort sure if you'll remember, but back in the ESPN days I ran across a site selling SF leather jackets and the price was wrong on the site. $20 I think. I posted it on the board and you were the first to actually see it and I think you ordered a jacket as did I. They accepted the orders and then cancelled everything about 2 days later.

Anyway - welcome - this is a GREAT board

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Cam - welcome
I remember you from the early days at ESPN. Actually you were there when the mules were. I never really posted much. Just liked to read through the boards. Then, as you said the board changed. No real exchange of ideas or opinions. Just a lot of in fighting. Now the board is controlled by trolls. I still don't post that much but always stop by here to catch up on the latest SF news is.
I'm nort sure if you'll remember, but back in the ESPN days I ran across a site selling SF leather jackets and the price was wrong on the site. $20 I think. I posted it on the board and you were the first to actually see it and I think you ordered a jacket as did I. They accepted the orders and then cancelled everything about 2 days later.

Anyway - welcome - this is a GREAT board

I remember you dude. And I remember the site. And I was pissed when they canceled my order.

Thanks for the welcome.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff. Well, anyway, welcome aboard. I think you'll like it here.

It's always like this Cam -- Filo is all nice and stuff....THEN he hits you up for the dues.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always like this Cam -- Filo is all nice and stuff....THEN he hits you up for the dues.

Well.....that's it, now YOU owe me an extra $50 spot if Cam doesn't stay and pay.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am still waiting for my first "dividend" check from Filo...

I am starting to think this thing is a scam.