• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heisman race after week 6

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to respond to that tweet. Browning has 26 TDs total. Lamar Jackson has 28. Patrick Mahomes has 27. And both Mahomes and Jackson have played one less game. I am not talking about Heisman...Browning should definitely be up there with Jackson. I am only arguing against the #1 in TDs. Cherry picking stats.
That tweet says TD Passes. It's not being dishonest as the QB is a passing position. I mean I'm not saying you can't count rushing TD's for a QB, but it's not cherry picking to talk about what he's doing through the air compared to every other QB in the sport either.

He's NOT going to win the Heisman. As I said, he didn't have any hype doing into the year, it's a west coast team where most of our games are at night and east coast people only at most get to see highlights, and their SoS isn't that great so how much credit will he get compared to those who play a tougher schedule? Plus he's a sophomore and you have to be crazy on the numbers to get one before being a junior it feels like.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That tweet says TD Passes. It's not being dishonest as the QB is a passing position. I mean I'm not saying you can't count rushing TD's for a QB, but it's not cherry picking to talk about what he's doing through the air compared to every other QB in the sport either.

He's NOT going to win the Heisman. As I said, he didn't have any hype doing into the year, it's a west coast team where most of our games are at night and east coast people only at most get to see highlights, and their SoS isn't that great so how much credit will he get compared to those who play a tougher schedule? Plus he's a sophomore and you have to be crazy on the numbers to get one before being a junior it feels like.
Browning will be playing in the NFL as a pure passing QB. Jackson and Watson ... not so much imo.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning will be playing in the NFL as a pure passing QB. Jackson and Watson ... not so much imo.
The Heisman has never been about who will be the best NFL QB. And it's not really about who the MVP is as it should be. It's a popularity contest voted on by people with varied opinions often influenced by marketing campaigns taken out by the schools on behalf of those players. It's a farce, but one that does help with recruiting and whatnot so it's a stupid game everyone must play.

I believe if Browning even gets the invite to NY he will be the first Husky to ever get that far. That's a nice step. I believe Emtman finished too low to get to NY.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It takes a very special player and program to win the Heisman out west :clap::D

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a very special player and program to win the Heisman out west :clap::D
It took him more than one try as well. Browning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mariota though. And it's not even that close.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow - someone has blinders on. Time will tell.
Ok, I'd be happy to compare numbers to where both were half way through their Sophomore year head to head if you care to find them. Not sure you want to, but why not? :noidea:

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'd be happy to compare numbers to where both were half way through their Sophomore year head to head if you care to find them. Not sure you want to, but why not? :noidea:
Well he scared of a future Heisman Trophy winner, won a Rose Bowl and played in the Championship Game. Like I said time will tell. MM is a much better athlete thats for sure

Heisman.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have that trophy in his second year. That's what I said we should compare. I can understand why you don't want to. Browning is putting up video game numbers. I'd probably try to change the subject as well. The reality he's going to run through this conference for another full year after this should scare you.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to run through the conference - just not at Mariota's speed.

Last edited:

taupride97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If UW goes undefeated and he keeps putting up those numbers, I could see him winning.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UW goes undefeated and he keeps putting up those numbers, I could see him winning.
Other guys around him would have to have at least one bad game. Too much visibility with the voters.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other guys around him would have to have at least one bad game. Too much visibility with the voters.
Softy has a heisman vote. He's gotta be pissing himself at the thought of voting for a Husky. :lol:

taupride97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep if he's anything like Davis Webb.
Oh, he is much better than Webb (including size, arm strength, accuracy, leadership ability, and football IQ - though this one, I think he and Webb might be on the same level). There is a reason why Webb was the backup.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 Heisman Watch - Heisman Trophy Candidates - ESPN

Browning_Davey_O_Brien_QB.jpg

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00