• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heard this stat this morning

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not hating because I am a Packers but I thought this stat was too interesting to not share and could be part of the reason the Lions brass might be a little hesitant to give Stafford huge money.

In his career, Stafford has played 51 games against teams with a .500 record or better. In those games, he has 5 wins and 46 losses.

While that is alarming, I don't think he should get all the blame but my goodness that is an eye opening stat.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not hating because I am a Packers but I thought this stat was too interesting to not share and could be part of the reason the Lions brass might be a little hesitant to give Stafford huge money.

In his career, Stafford has played 51 games against teams with a .500 record or better. In those games, he has 5 wins and 46 losses.

While that is alarming, I don't think he should get all the blame but my goodness that is an eye opening stat.

Pretty sure at least 21 other guys factored into those losses.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure at least 21 other guys factored into those losses.

While that is true. I can clearly recall quite a few games that Stafford cost us. A lot of backbreaking, 4th quarter interceptions.

I do think the last couple years, he has matured and improved. That record would mean nothing if he could lead us deep in the playoffs or a super bowl win.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And of those 5 wins, I think there was only 1 (or maybe zero) on the road against a winning team.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stafford for sure gets some of the blame on that record, but he also has rarely been on a quality team. He was the 1st overall pick to the only 0-16 team in History, he lost a TON of games there.

2014 was the one time that Stafford had a solid team around him and he actually did ok against .500 teams 2-4, with the refs handing the playoff game to the Cowboys. Not great, but his only year on a fair playing field.

His problem is he elevates the team enough that people think the Lions are better than they are. Last year they are 9-4 before Stafford hurts his hand. They lost every game after he was hurt. You don't get 8 4th quarter comebacks in a single season unless your team is very bad.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team is only one person then Stafford's stats and nothing else matters. Even though he's a key piece of the puzzle, but not the only piece. It'd help a lot if the teams winning percentage was better against top talent, but it is what it is. Without taking the time to run the numbers I doubt that the Lions have a better winning percentage against winning teams since the modern NFL came about in those years that Stafford was not on the team.

Numbers can be interesting, but much like most every mutual fund brochure, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of a skewed stat, because a bunch of them are teams who we beat, who had we not, would have finishes w winning records. But ya, Mayhew is the worst GM in NFL history right there w Millen. Same guy, basically.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a skewed stat, because a bunch of them are teams who we beat, who had we not, would have finishes w winning records. But ya, Mayhew is the worst GM in NFL history right there w Millen. Same guy, basically.
My assumption is its the record at the time of playing but I could be wrong.

Stafford is playing better now but honestly having Megatron as a crutch hurt him I think. Johnson had otherworldly talent but I think Stafford relied on him too much.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is playing better now but honestly having Megatron as a crutch hurt him I think. Johnson had otherworldly talent but I think Stafford relied on him too much.

Same thing with Favre-Sharpe. Sharpe was amazing, but after he broke his neck, Favre actually became a better QB.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, it's alarming. And a red flag. I'm not sure any of those 5 games were on the road, either.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My assumption is its the record at the time of playing but I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure its based on winning records at seasons end. Either way this is one reason he is leaving Detroit. He wants to end this stigma. Can't blame him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we didn't win a road game for three years?

That was fun.

(Calvin missed the game we won, right? At Tampa?)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much Deja Vu up in this thread.

Only when it happened the first time, fuckwads would run off our neighbors.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much Deja Vu up in this thread.

Only when it happened the first time, fuckwads would run off our neighbors.

Well, since you put it that way, I won't say anything about Rodgers being a pole smoking faggot.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just saw this one for Rodgers

"Aaron Rodgers is 0-36 when trailing teams by more than one point in the 4th quarter that have a winning record."

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this one for Rodgers

"Aaron Rodgers is 0-36 when trailing teams by more than one point in the 4th quarter that have a winning record."
That one has been out a long time.