• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Haven't been here for a few weeks

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a lot are happy I've been gone.

No worries. It will stay that way for the most part.

Anyhoo, glad to see the M's fighting for that 2nd wildcard. It's a historically good pitching staff, and a bottom 1/3 offense in MLB. Really looking to next year more than anything. Just imagine if this team had a top 50% offense the whole year, itt would be a historically good team. and be right up there with the Halos and A's.

Anyhoo, back to reality. Hoping this offense can continue to do what its been doing for a couple of weeks with Z's trade upgrades. This winter, even an incompetent like Z should be able to upgrade the offense so it's at least in the top 50% of MLB . It's hard to imagine the M's pitching staff maintaining a sub-2.00 ERA for more than a season, though, so it's vital to look for long term offensive solutions this winter.

Castillo is a fucking athlete and a half. Sad to see the Sox signed him. They're going to be a force in the coming years. Smart rebuild over the past few months, IMO.

Overally, anything over .500 is pretty amazing for the M's this year...the historically amazing pitching is just enough to make up for a woeful offense for most of the year. Let's just hope the M's find the right balance this offseason.

Take care y'all.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyhoo, glad to see the M's fighting for that 2nd wildcard. It's a historically good pitching staff, and a bottom 1/3 offense in MLB. Really looking to next year more than anything. Just imagine if this team had a top 50% offense the whole year, itt would be a historically good team. and be right up there with the Halos and A's.

Anyhoo, back to reality. Hoping this offense can continue to do what its been doing for a couple of weeks with Z's trade upgrades. This winter, even an incompetent like Z should be able to upgrade the offense so it's at least in the top 50% of MLB . It's hard to imagine the M's pitching staff maintaining a sub-2.00 ERA for more than a season, though, so it's vital to look for long term offensive solutions this winter.

Castillo is a fucking athlete and a half. Sad to see the Sox signed him. They're going to be a force in the coming years. Smart rebuild over the past few months, IMO.

Overally, anything over .500 is pretty amazing for the M's this year...the historically amazing pitching is just enough to make up for a woeful offense for most of the year. Let's just hope the M's find the right balance this offseason.

Take care y'all.

herp derp

sub 3.00 pitching is what i meant

!rum!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point this team has already become a success based on expectations for this year. Well, technically it will be when we're guaranteed a .500+ record, but I think that's a given.

Here's the best part for those who are using season stats like offensive rankings to judge this team right now though: they on;y have to put up the kinds of numbers those people want for a month and they're in the playoffs where everything is out the door.

It's all about timing at this point. The pitching is still great while the offense has been better than expected for the last few weeks. Couple that with the A's giving away their cleanup hitter and the Angels losing Richards and there's no reason to not be rooting for the M's to at least make the 2nd Wild Card spot from here on out.

The past has absolutely no relevance right now, when the M's currently hold a playoff spot. Time to live in the now.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have you back. I had forgotten what relevant baseball this time of year feels like.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take care y'all.

:suds:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revelant baseball this point in the season? LOVE IT!!!

Go M's!