• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hats off to the defense again.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is the better value why aren't teams doing it more often?

There is another factor that you have to consider in all of this. Coaches like Carroll or Tomlin are very secure in their jobs and not likely to get fired any time soon. The same is not true of a lot of other NFL coaches, and a few shaky decisions that go wrong could cost them their job. That probably is at least somewhat of a factor on certain decisions & their overall approach to the game.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go poll Seattle fans at that time of the game when they went for 2. See what they tell you.
i dont give a crap about their fans opinions who won ? strategy worked , next !

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go poll Seattle fans at that time of the game when they went for 2. See what they tell you.

So do you believe that fans should dictate coaching decisions? No way. If the Redskins coaches took the advice of some folks here & in similar forums the team would be a mess!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you believe that fans should dictate coaching decisions? No way. If the Redskins coaches took the advice of some folks here & in similar forums the team would be a mess!

No. I am just proving that it was an outrageous call with huge risk involved. Have you ever seen a team do that with that amount of time left?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I am just proving that it was an outrageous call with huge risk involved. Have you ever seen a team do that with that amount of time left?

Well - you certainly could make a pt for that. However - getting back to the original topic - relatively speaking this makes the decision by Gruden reallly not that bad at all. At worst you could call this a minor mistake (many don't see it this way) but certainly not a game changer & by no means to be interpreted as Gruden not trusting Cousins.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Deanpet - how about viewing this from a positive slant by the Redskins. Instead of viewing the decision by Gruden as having a lack of trust in Cousins how about it actually shows that he has some faith in the Redskins defense?

Sure they were shaky in the 2nd QTR but beyond that did pretty damn well.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Deanpet - how about viewing this from a positive slant by the Redskins. Instead of viewing the decision by Gruden as having a lack of trust in Cousins how about it actually shows that he has some faith in the Redskins defense?

Sure they were shaky in the 2nd QTR but beyond that did pretty damn well.

JG has had faith in the defense all year they won 4 out of their 5 games. lol. Don't even compare the JG decision to PC going for 2. Not even close.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG has had faith in the defense all year they won 4 out of their 5 games. lol. Don't even compare the JG decision to PC going for 2. Not even close.

I am not - see my reply above - I was trying to steer this back to the original topic.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - real easy way for you to wrap up the whole Carroll, Tomlin debate. Just say "agree to disagree".

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is the better value why aren't teams doing it more often?

Seriously dude...I just showed you the math. Please develop some free thought. I don't know why more coaches don't go for 2 on a regular basis. Ask them after showing them the math. I would venture to say the reasons include...

Talking Heads would question them...
Fans, such as yourself can't follow logic or do math...
Owners listen to fan, such as yourself, bitch all the time.
It goes against convention...
They don't want to risk the injury on a minor math stat.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - real easy way for you to wrap up the whole Carroll, Tomlin debate. Just say "agree to disagree".

This is all Dean. If we go back to the beginning of this conversation, I agreed with his opinion for our team and it's play-calling...he just refuses to see merit in other views. That led to the PC and MT debate. Again, he refuses to see merit when it is laid out for him...and people are not even disagreeing with his opinion.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have proven nothing. Proof requires facts...not opinions of fans...especially not fans that would have been all over his sack if it worked...especially if NE had scored a TD.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have proven nothing. Proof requires facts...not opinions of fans...especially not fans that would have been all over his sack if it worked...especially if NE had scored a TD.

the proof is that most teams do not use the 2 point conversion. Forget your numbers. If it was such a certainty then teams would go for 2 more. That is just not happening. Teams don't give a shit what fans say, if they agreed with your logic they would use the 2 point much more but they are not.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the proof is that most teams do not use the 2 point conversion. Forget your numbers. If it was such a certainty then teams would go for 2 more. That is just not happening. Teams don't give a shit what fans say, if they agreed with your logic they would use the 2 point much more but they are not.

that isnt proof at all you have a chance to put a game out of reach you take it especially when you have the tie virtually in hand

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isn't proof. That just means it is not conventional. I showed you mathematically why the 2 point conversion is the smarter way to go on a typical TD. I also told you reasons coaches don't use it more often.

Again...NOBODY SAID IT WAS A CERTAINTY.

You keep insisting fan opinions make things factual. I never claimed coaches listen to my opinion. That being said, it isn't an opinion the 2 point try conversion is a better value assuming teams make 50% of 2 point conversions...it is a FACT.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Skins D will be severely tested come Sunday

hahahaha - I can't even say that with a straight face

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Skins D will be severely tested come Sunday

hahahaha - I can't even say that with a straight face

I don't are how badly GB is struggling...they can beat anybody on any given Sunday with Aaron Rodgers.

We also are a historic remedy for every teams woes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't proof. That just means it is not conventional. I showed you mathematically why the 2 point conversion is the smarter way to go on a typical TD. I also told you reasons coaches don't use it more often.

Again...NOBODY SAID IT WAS A CERTAINTY.

You keep insisting fan opinions make things factual. I never claimed coaches listen to my opinion. That being said, it isn't an opinion the 2 point try conversion is a better value assuming teams make 50% of 2 point conversions...it is a FACT.

Of course its proof, judging by your numbers and your claims. What team has done what PC did on Sunday night? No one has seen that since the two point conversion was brought into the league. That is not a fans point of view its just a fact.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fact that it has never been done (that we know of). It is not a fact that he was wrong for doing it. Complete thoughts are needed Dean...you are getting lost in defense of your own pride.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no pride just common sense.