• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hats off to the defense again.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find it laughable that when we started 0-2 and we passed in those situations we screamed "RUN THE DAMN BALL " , now the OC does what you pined for and we have "TRUST ISSUES " . sometimes i think you bitch just to hear yourself bitch

KC 's CAREER red zone stats are damn good , this year he has dropped some but this kid should be out qb going forward

now someone asked for us to raise our hands if we felt confident in our defense , my answer is yes because in the second half of games they have given up few points , 0 yesterday

sure the game "could have " gone the other way but that could be said in a lot of our games this year both positive and negative

we are what we are , a team trying to reach being a good consistent winner . we still havent had back to back winning seasons since the early 90's

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i find it laughable that when we started 0-2 and we passed in those situations we screamed "RUN THE DAMN BALL " , now the OC does what you pined for and we have "TRUST ISSUES " . sometimes i think you bitch just to hear yourself bitch

KC 's CAREER red zone stats are damn good , this year he has dropped some but this kid should be out qb going forward

now someone asked for us to raise our hands if we felt confident in our defense , my answer is yes because in the second half of games they have given up few points , 0 yesterday

sure the game "could have " gone the other way but that could be said in a lot of our games this year both positive and negative

we are what we are , a team trying to reach being a good consistent winner . we still havent had back to back winning seasons since the early 90's

skinsdad you are missing the point. dgfan said basically the same thing as me. When it comes down to winning the game in that situation we were in it comes down to a trust issue. We could of had a safe pass that could of still killed clock at the time. Plus a sack wouldn't of mattered b/c we were well within FG range and the sack would of kept the clock moving anyways.

When the game is their for the taking we have to take it. You cant play conservative all time b/c is could burn you. Luckily our defense has been bailing us out big time. I believe KC should be resigned that is why I want to see him throw on 2nd down to make the first down or TD to win the game. If you are 100% on board with KC you want the ball in his hands to win the game. You should of been yelling at the TV screen when they ran it on 2nd down.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time giving kudos to the defense that allowed 307 yards passing to Sam Bradford, his only 300 yard game of the season. That being said, they did give up only 20 points again. That being said, they gave up 20 points to a team that scored only 19.4 per game.

Offensively, we scored 26 on a team giving up under 17. This victory goes to the offense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the KC discussion, I agree that a sure safe pass may have been the better call; however, if you can't see running the ball as the conventional wisdom, then you are too biased to have an opinion worth listening to.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time giving kudos to the defense that allowed 307 yards passing to Sam Bradford, his only 300 yard game of the season. That being said, they did give up only 20 points again. That being said, they gave up 20 points to a team that scored only 19.4 per game.

Offensively, we scored 26 on a team giving up under 17. This victory goes to the offense.

You are forgetting about the Thompson fumble right before the end of the half. How is that on the defense? They blanked the Vikes in the 2nd half. The win is on the defense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the KC discussion, I agree that a sure safe pass may have been the better call; however, if you can't see running the ball as the conventional wisdom, then you are too biased to have an opinion worth listening to.

I see running the ball the safe play but if we are goi9ng to break the bank on KC you want to see him with the ball in his hands in that situation.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see running the ball the safe play but if we are goi9ng to break the bank on KC you want to see him with the ball in his hands in that situation.

Just be happy that Gruden & co are actually using the running game more. Quite a contrast to earlier in the season where they barely used the run, and it had a negative impact on the entire offense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be happy that Gruden & co are actually using the running game more. Quite a contrast to earlier in the season where they barely used the run, and it had a negative impact on the entire offense.

I understand that but Im talking about that particular situation with the game on the line.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting about the Thompson fumble right before the end of the half. How is that on the defense? They blanked the Vikes in the 2nd half. The win is on the defense.

The defense could have held them. They went for it from the three and no time left. The defense gave up a 28 yard play immediately following the INT.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you miss the part where I agreed? You and I would be aggressive. Most coaches would not. Your blindness to the other side is why we can't take your opinion seriously.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense could have held them. They went for it from the three and no time left. The defense gave up a 28 yard play immediately following the INT.

oh please. Did you miss the Smith INT? That changed the game.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the part where I agreed? You and I would be aggressive. Most coaches would not. Your blindness to the other side is why we can't take your opinion seriously.

lol. the other side? We could of easily lost this game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. the other side? We could of easily lost this game.

We didn't. We won.

KC could have thrown a pick. We could have left more time on the clock and changed the Vikings play calls. You miss the point of merit. There is merit in opinions other than your own...especially when they work. I agree with you in what we would have called...we are fans...we also don't have their job as a coach and MOST coaches would have played it like Gruden.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the 26 points scored by the offense against a team that gives up fewer than 17PPG?

So your saying the P. Smith INT was not the game changer yesterday?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't. We won.

KC could have thrown a pick. We could have left more time on the clock and changed the Vikings play calls. You miss the point of merit. There is merit in opinions other than your own...especially when they work. I agree with you in what we would have called...we are fans...we also don't have their job as a coach and MOST coaches would have played it like Gruden.

I know we won but how did we win? The answer is defense. INt was a possibility that is why I mentioned does Gruden trust KC.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt KC prove he could play well with the game on the line against the bucs and leading us to the greatest comeback in our history ?

we made the right choice , we won the game and the defense sealed it with 2 sacks at the end

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raise you hand if you felt confident kicking off only up 6 with over 3 minutes left.. Raise both hands after the Vikes got to our 20. I would have liked to see them win the game on offense rather than settle for a FG and rely on a questionable defense.

All year as we watched team after team move it at will in those situations I kept asking for a sack, we would have 2 more wins with 2 more sacks. Finally we got them but it clearly could have gone the other way.

Yep. Big time QBs make plays in that situation. Even a short pass gets us to 3rd and short in that situation. We may have not needed to put our unreliable defense in the situation at the end of the game. I think the Vikes may have been expecting a run there too, to burn timeouts.

Either way, glad of the outcome. But I would take the other teams Offense to win that game 3 times out of 4. But give the D credit. They have come up big at the end of games several times this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Big time QBs make plays in that situation. Even a short pass gets us to 3rd and short in that situation. We may have not needed to put our unreliable defense in the situation at the end of the game. I think the Vikes may have been expecting a run there too, to burn timeouts.

Either way, glad of the outcome. But I would take the other teams Offense to win that game 3 times out of 4. But give the D credit. They have come up big at the end of games several times this year.

Some people on here don't understand that. Good points.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on here don't understand that. Good points.
Some people just have different opinions. There isn't just one way of looking at things. The end result of the game is what ultimately matters.