• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hassan Whiteside Super Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you don't understand about Kentucky is that they're usually loaded with the top freshman class so guys are usually ask to less than what they're capable of. Everything I read and heard about Bam is that in his draft workouts, he did hit jump shots which led to him improving his draft stock. Actually made 13 of his 25 3's in his workout for the Hornets so yeah this isn't a guy who is some awful shooter. There is actually video of his. Shot looked smooth.
Just wasn't necessary for him to do that at UK due to the loaded talent they had.

As for Winslow, he barely played last year so jumping down my throat because he wasn't good on offense in his rookie year which was expected is stupid
so you werent surprised/dissapointed when the Heat took a backup center that cant shoot with one of the few draft picks they have in the next 5 years?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sure?

bksballer89 Most Popular Member
SportsHoopla Bookie:
$ 8,143

Hitman Hart said:

Well this was a bummer.

upload_2017-8-11_13-17-35.jpeg

Would have gone with Collins or Leaf ahead of Bam.

=
Mecca said:
You think they are keeping him?

Yeah, I'm surprised.
I really hope not
. I guess he can play PF but he is clearly not a stretch PF as Collins or Leaf would have been. Disappointing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you thought the same thing every did at the time he was picked--- why in the world draft a center who cant shoot when you already hve a center that cant shoot in a league where centers that cant shoot have seen there value plummet.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you thought the same thing every did at the time he was picked--- why in the world draft a center who cant shoot when you already hve a center that cant shoot in a league where centers that cant shoot have seen there value plummet.

Then I did my research....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any team had a worse offseason than the Cavs it had to be the Whiteside led Heat....holy crap....talk about totally fumbling one of your few 1st rounders and all your cap space for the foreseeable future. lol

Remember when Wiggy made this comment? LOL

Miami finished 13th in David Aldridge off season rankings. The Cavs finished 28th. Only Memphis and Indy finished lower. As I said before the heat offseason wasn't bad at all. Here was DA report on the heat offseason. I will bold the important pieces.

THE KEY MAN: General Manager Andy Elisburg. He remains among the top two or three execs in the game -- creative, wicked smart, forward-thinking. No one knows the cap better or has a better understanding of how to work within its confines. After all the deals the Heat made this summer, Miami looks pretty locked in cap-wise both this year and next, which normally wouldn’t make sense for a team that didn’t make the playoffs last year. But you can bet if the Heat doesn’t like how the pieces fit together, they’ll be quick to make a move. Their leadership troika of Elisburg, Pat Riley and Coach Erik Spoelstra still works seemingly seamlessly together.

THE SKINNY: Miami aimed high for Gordon Hayward, and came up just short. But the Heat moved on to a productive summer, mainly by keeping two of its most important players from last season’s incredible turnaround -- Waiters and Johnson. Olynyk will start at the four and will be a good fit moving without the ball; Goran Dragic will find him. Miami’s just one salary dump away from having max room again in the summer of ’18, when Riles will pull out the rings and go after the next big fish. Eventually, he’ll reel in another one.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Block champion previous season.
Only player in league history to win different category's in back to back seasons.

That's pretty amazing.

Imagine how good he could be if he didn't suck. lol

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Block champion previous season.
Only player in league history to win different category's in back to back seasons.

Not sure this stat makes sense. (probably isn't described right)

Wilt led NBA in shooting in '66, rebounding in '67, and assists in '68.

(and obviously led NBA in scoring & rebounding in quite a few other years)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah really doesn't. This is the only thing I'm seeing close to it with a quick google search

Hassan Whiteside became the first Heat player ever to win a league rebounding title with a 14.1 average. He also became only the third player this century according to Elias – joining Chris Paul and Dwight Howard – to lead the league in two different statistical categories in consecutive seasons.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah really doesn't. This is the only thing I'm seeing close to it with a quick google search

Hassan Whiteside became the first Heat player ever to win a league rebounding title with a 14.1 average. He also became only the third player this century according to Elias – joining Chris Paul and Dwight Howard – to lead the league in two different statistical categories in consecutive seasons.

My mistake then.
I obviously didn't research.
I heard is somewhere.
Despite not being the only, it's still pretty rare air for anyone, let alone someone who has taken the strange path he has to become an all star level player.