• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone else read about the new Major League Football league that will play between April & July?

Would you have interest and watch games in this new league?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know maybe I am behind the times but just saw this new league that is looking to start up according to the article by April of this year. An 8 team league that will be a developmental league to get college players more ready for NFL play. I guess they have had a draft of players already. It would be nice to see some football between now and July. They say they are smarter than the past leagues who had all folded.

The league would have a few different rules than the NFL. Here is a link for what I read it is longer so click the link for all the info.

New spring football league begins taking shape

"I feel outstanding about our future and the state of Major League Football moving forward," Chandler said. "If you think any new company won't have bumps in the road, you're mistaken. We're going to do right by these players, agents and coaches."

Said Athan, "There's no chance we're not going to play. We're playing ball this year."

MLFB has yet to announce the home bases of its eight franchises, but it has been in negotiations for stadium leases for some time. Markets such as Akron, Ohio; Birmingham, Alabama; Eugene, Oregon; Little Rock, Arkansas; and Orlando, Florida, have been earmarked as possible destinations. A 10-game schedule is planned to run from April to July and conclude before NFL training camps commence. Game schedules have yet to be determined.

In addition to Garcia, Thomas and LeFevour, notable players include former Baylor running back Lache Seastrunk, former TCU quarterback Casey Pachall, one-time Houston Texans receiver Lestar Jean and Nate Boyer, a former Green Beret who went to training camp with the Seattle Seahawks last year.

The list of MLFB head coaches includes Campo, former University of Florida head coach Hall, longtime NFL defensive coordinator Ted Cottrell and veteran NFL quarterback Chris Miller. Although MLFB is willing to give second chances to players who have made mistakes off the field, Chandler said the league places a premium on character and maintains zero tolerance for domestic violence.

"It's one strike, and you're out," Chandler said. "You don't get a second chance to hit your girlfriend -- not in this league."

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough... There's piles of pro leagues out there, but they barely pay. The ones that do tend to fold. I get they want to call themselves a feeder league but so many others have as well. FXFL had that same exact pitch.

That article says they lost a 20 million dollar investment recently too. Not sure I see the new idea's on the article...

UFL sounded better, and that made it 4 years... Had coaches like Jay Gruden, Glanville, Kurt Schottenheimer, Jim Fassel. Good personnel guys, Rick Mueller was one. Said getting quality coaches using NFL level playbooks and practices would work out to be a feeder league. Got some former NFL'ers, Mike Doss, Archualeta, Ken Dorsey, Culpepper, Garcia, Bollinger, Rattay, Losman. Not sure if I could name a single player to make it from there to or back to an NFL active roster. Struggled to get 10k people to games in lots of them, and they gave those tickets away like crazy.

Strong domestic violence rules sounds pretty weak too as a big selling point.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any football is better than no football

I thought that too, but I only have watched a few games of the other leagues over the past 5 or so years. Ended up getting NFL rewind last off-season and watched piles of games on that instead.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The USFL Michigan Panthers won the 1983 Championship. If only it was an Lombardi Trophy that the Lions don't care about winning.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring back the XFL.

I couldn't stand the XFL but I actually enjoyed the USFL back in the day because it had some sweet talent in guys like Jim Kelly, Steve Young, Herschel Walker, Sam Mills, Reggie White, Craig James, Gary Zimmerman, Joe Cribbs, Cliff Stoudt, Bobby Hebert, Anthony Carter, Doug Flutie, Gary Clark, Mike Rozier, Brian Sipe, ...

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The USFL Michigan Panthers won the 1983 Championship. If only it was an Lombardi Trophy that the Lions don't care about winning.
I Feel for the Lion's Franchise how do you ruin 2 1 of a kind talents.