• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvick dominates Martinsville truck race

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvick dominates for Martinsville win

MARTINSVILLE, Va. Talk about dominant.

Kevin Harvick won Saturday's NASCAR Truck Series race at Martinsville Speedway in impression fashion – leading all but two of the 250 laps in the Kroger 250, setting the record for the most laps led in a series race.

At times before several late cautions slowed the pace, Harvick had as much as a nine-second lead as he powered to his first win of the season and 14th of his career.

“It's been a long time since we dominated like that and actually won,” Harvick said. “We made a lot of changes in the off-season, moving our truck teams over to Richard Childress Racing. This is what we hoped for – making a good truck team a better truck team. Some of these guys had been to Victory Lane and some of them hadn't.”

The win is Harvick's third in the series at Martinsville. He also won the Sprint Cup Series race here one year ago.

To claim the victory, Harvick had to repeatedly hold off his RCR teammate, Ty Dillon, who making his first series start at the Virginia short track.

While Harvick clearly had a faster truck, he opted for the outside lane during the last two restarts to allow Dillon to better clear James Buescher, who was challenging Dillon for second.

Dillon settled for second in the race but was not at all disappointed.

“Just missing a little experience – that was Kevin Harvick I was out there racing against and he's the man,” Dillon said. “I can't thank him enough for racing me clean.

“We had a terrible truck in practice. We fought, we fought. But we have a championship team – I believe it.”

Buescher finished third, Justin Lofton was fourth and Timothy Peters fifth. John King, who won the series opener at Daytona, finished ninth and continues to lead the series standings by one point over Peters.

The Truck series returns to action on April 15 at Rockingham (N.C.) Speedway, which will mark the first NASCAR event at the iconic track since 2004.

Read more here: Harvick dominates for Martinsville win | www.thatsracin.com