• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh pulls commit's offer two weeks before signing day

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you haven't greyshirted anyone since last year's recruiting class?

Correct.

He early enrolled this year and counts against this class.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Swenson was specifically told that Michigan was rescinding his offer because they have interest from more kids than they thought. And that Michigan wanted him to be a preferred walk on.

Harbaugh is shady scumbag.

I see MnB went into hiding...

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was shady.

Although, I have to imagine there's been at least a hint prior to today. Seems odd that it would be fine one minute and his offer is pulled the next. Conversations have to have happened before this -- right?
You're right. It was a week. . .

A month ago, they were telling the kid they were all in.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With only one 2016 OT commit so far, and only 16 total 2016 commits...it looks like Nebraska might have room for this kid.
Nebraska 2016 Football Commits

BUT...

Another 4-star OT..... out of South Dakota is still deciding between his final three schools (Nebraska, Michigan State, Iowa).
Matt Farniok, Washington , Offensive Tackle

AND

This high 3-star OT out of Detroit is also deciding between the same three schools (Nebraska, Michigan State, Iowa).
Alaric Jackson, Renaissance , Offensive Tackle

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids decommitt all the time. I see no difference when a coach does it. This kid committed under Hoke and not Harbaugh anyway, correct?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kids decommitt all the time. I see no difference when a coach does it. This kid committed under Hoke and not Harbaugh anyway, correct?
Harbaugh knew about this kid a year, could have pulled his scholarship anytime, but instead Harbaugh waits until most other schools have filled out their rosters leaving him little to no options short of going D2 or paying his way and hoping Harbaugh gives him a scholarship next year. Nothing has changed in his health or status over the last 2 months since his football season was over. And are you seriously saying that we shouldn't hold coaches making several million dollars a year to a higher standard than 17 and 18 year old boys?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh knew about this kid a year, could have pulled his scholarship anytime, but instead Harbaugh waits until most other schools have filled out their rosters leaving him little to no options short of going D2 or paying his way and hoping Harbaugh gives him a scholarship next year. Nothing has changed in his health or status over the last 2 months since his football season was over. And are you seriously saying that we shouldn't hold coaches making several million dollars a year to a higher standard than 17 and 18 year old boys?

I'm saying I see no difference. Coaches count on players as much as players count on coaches. I've never understood the notion of committing then being able to change your mind later. That's not a commitment.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying I see no difference. Coaches count on players as much as players count on coaches. I've never understood the notion of committing then being able to change your mind later. That's not a commitment.
So Harbaugh is a douche canoe because he was committed to this kid three weeks ago and went back on his word because better options MIGHT be available. This is just as bad as anything Urban Meyer or Nick Saban has done to a recruit, so I Expect to not hear you complain about what they did/do or you are just as flip floppy as the kids you are talking shit about. It's all good as long as it's Harbaugh doing it, right?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harbaugh is a douche canoe because he was committed to this kid three weeks ago and went back on his word because better options MIGHT be available. This is just as bad as anything Urban Meyer or Nick Saban has done to a recruit, so I Expect to not hear you complain about what they did/do or you are just as flip floppy as the kids you are talking shit about. It's all good as long as it's Harbaugh doing it, right?

Who cares? Coaches are paid millions of dollars to win, not appease rival fan bases. You think Saban cares if you think he's a douche canoe after wiping his ass with Dantonio's nice guy image 38-0?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? Coaches are paid millions of dollars to win, not appease rival fan bases. You think Saban cares if you think he's a douche canoe after wiping his ass with Dantonio's nice guy image 38-0?
Recruits and their high school coaches might care Harbaugh is a two faced lying sack of shit who can not be taken at his word because he is always looking for someone better.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nono:

I don't think Saban has ever done this. I can think of a guy who was asked to take a greyshirt late, but that was an anomaly and he was still given the opportunity to have a scholarship the following year.

Usually when it comes to stuff like greyshirts Saban is up front with the player the entire time. I don't think he's ever just completely pulled an offer and told them to walk on.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recruits and their high school coaches might care Harbaugh is a two faced lying sack of shit who can not be taken at his word because he is always looking for someone better.

I'm pretty sure MI will do just fine in recruiting. I think getting blasted 38-0 set your program back a lot farther than this incident could ever do to MI.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure MI will do just fine in recruiting. I think getting blasted 38-0 set your program back a lot farther than this incident could ever do to MI.
Congrats on winning a bowl game, even if it was a fourth tier bowl game. I will take a division title (something Michigan has never won), a conference title (something Michigan hasn't won in over a decade), and made a playoff. Considering this is the best recruiting class ever for Michigan State, I would say it hasn't hurt us too bad.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:

I don't think Saban has ever done this. I can think of a guy who was asked to take a greyshirt late, but that was an anomaly and he was still given the opportunity to have a scholarship the following year.

Usually when it comes to stuff like greyshirts Saban is up front with the player the entire time. I don't think he's ever just completely pulled an offer and told them to walk on.
This goes to the Michigan arrogance of how they would never do anything as dastardly as what SEC teams and Ohio State do. They are just as dirty as everyone else.