• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh Busts nut on Bo's grave

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, that doesn't mean he didn't TRY to win them.
Either 1) he tried, failed, and you stop using that stupid excuse or 2) he allowed people the opportunity to be seriously injured for something he didn't try at or even care about.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes every time. Let's see, disappointed because a coach's team didn't win an NC OR disappointed because a coach punches an opposing player who intercepted an Ohio State pass in front of a national TV audience. It's no contest. And that's not all, BTW. . .

In 1959, following a 17−0 loss to USC, Hayes threw a punch at sportswriter Al Bine, but missed and punched the brother of sports editor Bob Shafer in the back.

In a May 1965 meeting of Big Ten Conference athletic directors and coaches, Hayes nearly started a fight with Iowa's athletic director before being restrained.

In 1968, Hayes team won a game against rival Michigan 50–14. Late in that game, Ohio State held a commanding 44–14 advantage and scored one final touchdown. Rather than taking the more common extra point kick, Hayes instead opted for an unsuccessful two-point conversion, leading many football fans to believe that Hayes was running up the score.

Prior to the 1973 Rose Bowl, Hayes shoved a camera into the face of a news photographer; he was suspended for three games, fined $2,000, and left California under a subpoena.

In 1977, a late fumble at Michigan caused him to charge at ABC cameraman Mike Freedman, who recorded his frustration; Hayes was ejected, put on probation by the Big Ten Conference, and fined $2,000.

In the 1971 rivalry game against Michigan in Ann Arbor, furious over what he thought was a missed defensive pass interference foul committed by Michigan, Hayes stormed onto the field, launched a profane tirade at the referee and tore up the sideline markers, receiving a 15-yard unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty. Hayes then threw the penalty flag into the crowd, began destroying the yard markers, and threw the first-down marker into the ground like a javelin before being restrained by Buckeyes team officials; Hayes was then assessed an additional 15-yard penalty and ejected. Hayes was suspended for one game and fined $1000.

Yup, that "moral" victory looks pretty good from my point of view. Besides, overall Michigan has won more NCs and more games over Ohio State than Ohio State has won.

What is it w/ you meeeechegan fans always living in the past? And it was only a matter of time before you mentioned all of meeeechegan's natty's during the leather helmet era of CFB.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes. He was also passionate about the game (unless it was a bowl game), doing the right thing, and building character in the young men he coached.
Fify

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take Schembechler over Hayes. He was also passionate about the game, doing the right thing, and building character in the young men he coached.
No one from Ohio State is asking you to trade.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either 1) he tried, failed, and you stop using that stupid excuse or 2) he allowed people the opportunity to be seriously injured for something he didn't try at or even care about.

I already said he tried and failed--my exact words: It was the one category where he fell short.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it w/ you meeeechegan fans always living in the past? And it was only a matter of time before you mentioned all of meeeechegan's natty's during the leather helmet era of CFB.

Well, all of Hayes' championships are in the past, right? I thought THAT was what we were talking about.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What on earth makes you think he wasn't passionate about the Rose Bowl? It was a goal every year since it was tied to winning the Big Ten championship.

How many bowl games has Michigan State won? I'll answer that for you: Michigan State has appeared in 25 bowl games including five Rose Bowls. Through the history of the program, eight separate coaches have led the Spartans to bowl games with Dantonio having the most appearances with eight. The Spartans currently have a bowl record of 11-14. I guess the coaches didn't TRY to win those 14 games.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all of Hayes' championships are in the past, right? I thought THAT was what we were talking about.

I'm not the 1 that brought up the past, in case you forgot that was you. How about focusing on meeeechegan football in the 21st century? Oh wait...you don't do that!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the 1 that brought up the past, in case you forgot that was you. How about focusing on meeeechegan football in the 21st century? Oh wait...you don't do that!

Woody Hayes didn't coach in the 21st century.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Hayes didn't coach in the 21st century.

Neither did Bo. That's totally different though right? My point is the only way you can make yourself feel better about meeeechegan football is to always talk about the past. You really don't seem to get that. It's okay, I understand though.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Bo. That's totally different though right? My point is the only way you can make yourself feel better about meeeechegan football is to always talk about the past. You really don't seem to get that. It's okay, I understand though.

Right, Bo didn't coach in the 21st century either. You can't talk about either Woody or Bo without talking about the past. Get a grip. You're usually so much more sensible when you post.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What on earth makes you think he wasn't passionate about the Rose Bowl? It was a goal every year since it was tied to winning the Big Ten championship.

How many bowl games has Michigan State won? I'll answer that for you: Michigan State has appeared in 25 bowl games including five Rose Bowls. Through the history of the program, eight separate coaches have led the Spartans to bowl games with Dantonio having the most appearances with eight. The Spartans currently have a bowl record of 11-14. I guess the coaches didn't TRY to win those 14 games.
Again EVERY SINGLE MICHIGAN FAN HERE EXCEPT YOU HAS SAID HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT BOWL GAMES. Tbbishop in this thread has said it. If you have an issue with people calling out Bo for not caring about bowl games, then start by talking to Michigan fans and tell them to stop saying Bo didn't care about bowl games.

To your second point, with the exception of two very short periods in time, Michigan State sucked at football and that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, Bo didn't coach in the 21st century either. You can't talk about either Woody or Bo without talking about the past. Get a grip. You're usually so much more sensible when you post.

It's you that needs to get a grip. How much longer will you continue to bring up the past?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ew

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again EVERY SINGLE MICHIGAN FAN HERE EXCEPT YOU HAS SAID HE DIDN'T CARE ABOUT BOWL GAMES. Tbbishop in this thread has said it. If you have an issue with people calling out Bo for not caring about bowl games, then start by talking to Michigan fans and tell them to stop saying Bo didn't care about bowl games.

To your second point, with the exception of two very short periods in time, Michigan State sucked at football and that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.

Here's the thing: Don't call me out for opinions expressed by other Michigan fans. I don't care who said it. It simply isn't true. Schembechler tried to win every game his teams played. He NEVER blew off a game. If you can find EVIDENCE to the contrary, I'd like to see it.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's you that needs to get a grip. How much longer will you continue to bring up the past?

As long as a thread is talking about the past.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing: Don't call me out for opinions expressed by other Michigan fans. I don't care who said it. It simply isn't true. Schembechler tried to win every game his teams played. He NEVER blew off a game. If you can find EVIDENCE to the contrary, I'd like to see it.
I was speaking of Michigan fans as a whole, not just you as an individual.