• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hack....

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, is all I can say. This kid is so far ahead of the curve for a true Freshman that its scary. He has unreal pocket prescence and poise, a cannon for an arm and can make every throw. Most impressive thing I saw today was him checking down to third or fourth option and swinging back to other side of field instead of just locking into left side and forcing one. Once he settled down after being so jacked up for his first home start, it was fun to watch. Its scary to think how high his ceiling can be under BOB with the weapons we have and what is coming in and when full playbook is opened up. This kid will shatter every record at PSU and do it in 3 years barring injury, just a special player and BOB will max out his potential. Gonna be a fun ride with #HAckAttack

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was out of town yesterday but it sounds like Hack had a great game . I hope Coach O'Brien can keep some talent around him.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a hot & sunny September day inside of Beaver Stadium... A young stud qb whose first name is variation of the name "Christ" was making his first home start as a Freshman against a heavy underdog.. He came out all amped up and single handedly gave the underdog team a 7-0 lead midway through the 1st half... The women were bitching "Isn't Penn State supposed to kill them" they asked.. Through a sweaty facepalm, the men replied "can you go get me a water? I'd rather have a beer"... Fast forward through a somewhat quicker, but ever getting hotter 2nd quarter, the men were ready for beer, food, and watching all kinds of games from the RV. The game would have to be left up to the young stud from there... There was nothing we could do.

Many roars of the lion later, the rest of the fans began to file out while the men who were under siege were catching back up on the buzz that they had sweated out through a terrible first half. They knew that their team had pulled out the win & amazingly covered the spread. Didn't know the specifics except for they had faith it would happen. As they checked their phones to see statistics, the grim realization dawned on them.. They were 200 feet away from watching the stud QB grow up before their eyes! A shoulder shrug & a beer later, they had moved on to ignoring their women again & enjoying the view of all of the scantily clad co-eds walk right by them in the masses while drinking beer and lounging. All was right in the world.

My rundown of my game experience.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could have been worse you could have watched the Steelers play.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully I sold my Steelers tix this week and spent the night in State College.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State's defense could have had 7 sacks and 2 int's off the Steelers bad and unhealthy o-line. It keeps getting worse for them by losing starters left and right. Well my Redskins didn't look that great either but lets hope for a better week 2.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN article College Football's Next Star Qb's
Christian Hackenberg, Penn State Nittany Lions

If you landed in Happy Valley with no prior knowledge of the turmoil and burden the program has been facing as a result of scandal and NCAA sanctions, you wouldn't know that anything was out of the ordinary after watching the team the past two weeks. A large amount of the credit for that goes to head coach Bill O'Brien and true freshman QB Hackenberg.
In the words of Dilfer, Hackenberg is a "Troy Aikman clone," and there are several things to love about his game, but a couple of areas jump out at me:

• Even based on the small sample size of two games, it's impressive how much better he has been in the second half of games versus the first half. According to ESPN Stats & Information's new Total QBR metric, Hackenberg has posted a 42.3 QBR (out of a possible 100 score) in the first half of games and a 72.9 QBR in the second. It shows one of the most important qualities you want to see out of a young quarterback -- the ability to not repeat mistakes and grow from adverse conditions.
• I love his first-down productivity as well (65.8 QBR, on 80 percent passing and 12.8 yards per attempt), as it is a big reason Penn State is 2-0. In a pro-style system in which the volume of plays is reduced compared to the Nittany Lions' fast-breaking college football brethren, early-down success is essential to sustaining drives and winning games.
Lastly, Penn State's ability to game-plan and execute that plan at a high level is its best chance to offset the massive recruiting and scholarship restrictions the program will have to endure the next few years. The good news is that O'Brien and Hackenberg are very well-suited for those respective jobs, and since Penn State is in the Big Ten, where the talent level isn't as high as the SEC, Pac-12 or even Big 12, the Lions' scholarship restrictions shouldn't be a death sentence for the team.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great again tonight. Every time he needed to move the ball he did. The D gave him no help though. This UCF game was the equivalent of a starting pitcher throwing a great game and losing 1-0.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great again tonight. Every time he needed to move the ball he did. The D gave him no help though. This UCF game was the equivalent of a starting pitcher throwing a great game and losing 1-0.

Great analogy