• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Habs Fire Claude Julien and Kirk Muller

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure they phone lines to Philly are disconnected because you can easily have Michel Therrien back.
:behindsofa:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh. Is he top 5 in the league? No. But he is also playing in front of Swiss cheese nightly which isn't doing him any favors.
He's a victim of the paycheck that Bergy gives him. But no goalie who gets the big deal is "worth" what they get in the second half. Watch what Bob's gonna look like in a few years. Lundquist.

He is mechanically one of the best to ever play the game. And he is still a guy I would take over a lot of guys in the league.

Reactions: Eco

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh. Is he top 5 in the league? No. But he is also playing in front of Swiss cheese nightly which isn't doing him any favors.
The goals saved above expected stat takes swiss cheese d into account though. He is in a damn crater with that stat

/iirc Price had a high number for last playoffs. Right there with Markstrom and Demko

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what Julien was supposed to do with a roster that doesn’t have talent. There was no way to play this lineup that would’ve produced different results.

I said it about 5 times before last year’s deadline, this team should’ve dumped everybody expiring in the next two offseasons and built the roster with the proceeds. Imagine what they could’ve done with a fuck ton of picks and cap space right now with every team pulling cap gymnastics to not go over it. This roster was never winning.
Not even with perfect human specimen Joshua Anderson?

Andserson is a quality hockey player, but giving a guy coming off a catastrophic injury a 7 year deal before he'd played a game for you is pretty dense.

And you can't really give him a ton of credit for Suzuki because his mishandling of Patches pushed him into a trade and he just got lucky that Vegas was willing to overpay. Toffoli has been a good grab, but realistically half the teams in the league would take him but didn't have cap space. That kind of fell into Bergy's lap too.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a victim of the paycheck that Bergy gives him. But no goalie who gets the big deal is "worth" what they get in the second half. Watch what Bob's gonna look like in a few years. Lundquist.

He is mechanically one of the best to ever play the game. And he is still a guy I would take over a lot of guys in the league.
The problem is he wasn't worth it in the first half either.

The Carey Price who was a contender for best goalie alive disappeared after the 2016-17 season. The date he signed the contract? July 2, 2017. He had a year left on the old deal too.

Again, it's terrible mismanagement by a guy who somehow still has a job.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what Julien was supposed to do with a roster that doesn’t have talent. There was no way to play this lineup that would’ve produced different results.

I said it about 5 times before last year’s deadline, this team should’ve dumped everybody expiring in the next two offseasons and built the roster with the proceeds. Imagine what they could’ve done with a fuck ton of picks and cap space right now with every team pulling cap gymnastics to not go over it. This roster was never winning.

I'd say we are 2nd best team in Canada, which isn't saying a ton, but I wouldn't say there is any team in Canada more talented than Montreal outside of Toronto.

The team has no creativity, the lines don't make sense. We aren't good on the PP, and definitely not good on the PK. I'm fine with his departure, even though I'm not sure who we will have to replace him, but this isn't a talent-less team in Montreal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u0okghh7bgj61.jpg

Dutch Gretzky weighs in

Reactions: Eco

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say we are 2nd best team in Canada, which isn't saying a ton, but I wouldn't say there is any team in Canada more talented than Montreal outside of Toronto.

The team has no creativity, the lines don't make sense. We aren't good on the PP, and definitely not good on the PK. I'm fine with his departure, even though I'm not sure who we will have to replace him, but this isn't a talent-less team in Montreal.
I would strenuously disagree with that. Montreal's strength this year was going to be in their defensive play and arguably it has been - they're second in the division in shots against behind the Leafs. The problem is the pucks are going in because Carey Price sucks.

What I mean by talent is the kind of skill that allows you to craft a possession-heavy system that creates quality chances. Montreal takes 25 shots from beyond the faceoff dot and 7 shots in close per game because even the flimsiest defences are keeping their "scorers" away from the net with relative ease. What was Julien supposed to do with that lol

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who wants to be the Habs next coach?

team-canadas-head-coach-guy-boucher-reacts-during-the-match.jpeg