• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Guys Im starting to get the feeling....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some one has to go. Rumor has it (and yes I know its just rumor) that Gruden has begun to get the impression that griffin is more concerned with promoting his brand than learning to be a QB. If this is really the case, smart money would say Griffin gets dealt for what ever we can get in trade. That or Snyder and Allen try and force Gruden to work with him, in which case Jay should start planning his exit.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, they can't get rid of Gruden. They will get no one to come here that is worth anything if they got rid of him after a year. I think that Dan and bruce probably now understand that RG3 is a problem. This doesn't mean that they've given up on him, but he is on thin ice. I believe he will be back next year. Just on a very short leash. The real question is how does Robert respond? Does he demand a trade? Does he continue on with his current practices or does he accept the challenge and work this offseason on becoming a productive NFL QB? It will be interesting to see what happens.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, they can't get rid of Gruden. They will get no one to come here that is worth anything if they got rid of him after a year. I think that Dan and bruce probably now understand that RG3 is a problem. This doesn't mean that they've given up on him, but he is on thin ice. I believe he will be back next year. Just on a very short leash. The real question is how does Robert respond? Does he demand a trade? Does he continue on with his current practices or does he accept the challenge and work this offseason on becoming a productive NFL QB? It will be interesting to see what happens.

Agree. As I mentioned elsewhere - bringing him back next year could include the possibility of cutting or dealing him in preseason or early in the season. Barring a miracle everyone should expect to receive next to nothing in any type of trade.

Again - this is all up to RG3. If - assuming he is still around - he shows no progress in his fundamentals and/or continues to display an attitude that basically hints that the problem is mainly w/ others & not himself then his days will likely be numbered. The ball is in his court (even if he goes elsewhere). Time for RG3 to man up.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least Colt will reveal, that the TEAM is full of holes. It seems the organization just can't get it right. I'd like to point out i'm by no means saying RG3 is innocent here...he's taken a major step back. But goodness, as a team the skins are terrible, and with all the money the owner has it shouldn't be this way.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least Colt will reveal, that the TEAM is full of holes. It seems the organization just can't get it right. I'd like to point out i'm by no means saying RG3 is innocent here...he's taken a major step back. But goodness, as a team the skins are terrible, and with all the money the owner has it shouldn't be this way.

No doubt the O-line & other areas need to be upgraded. Again - it just points out the need for the team to adopt a new philosophy moving forward. This involves beefing up the scouting dept, retaining as many draft picks as possible, retaining young players longer than many here would like (example - Moses - don't just say he sucks & cut him - give him some time to see if he can develop) & finally ensuring that they have the best coaches available for an extended period of time who can get the most out of young talent.

As for RG3 - tops he gets one more year unless he makes dramatic strides in development at which pt you have to say yes it is pretty much his fault.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why cant it simply be that the front office is supporting gruden ? snyder came out and said he is "baffled " by RG3's regression

everything that is wrong with RG3 is in his head . he is a scared BITCH back there at qb and hasnt figured out how to overcome hard situations .

he doesnt trust his reads , his o/line , his coaches , nothing

right now he is showing me he lacks courage by his actions and by his deeds

i KNOW he can read the defense. the dude stares at open wrs and doesnt pass the ball

he is a chicken shit POS in the pocket with a touch of prima donna , sprinkled with spoiled bitch

i am mad at him because his issues with his game are all on him

i dont buy all the CSI BS . but in the pocket he is a turd and it is his fault he lacks courage

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing you are in the midwest dad. CSI has been running rampant but it got kicked up 4 notches when JReid reported the Redskins are done with Griffin and Gruden wants nothing to do with him. Then along came Shefter to say his sources tell him Griffin will start again this year.

The buzz is up to a loud murmur at the moment and this is what is being carried on every radio and TV station you listen to.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jason reid and espn have a lot to be desired as both entities are doing nothing but throwing crap against the wall and see what sticks

shoot you do that enough and everything will be true

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have officially hit bottom and have to be the joke of the league. TMZ has now jumped into the fray.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy we need a win

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at Daniel Snyder. As posted earlier they can't get rid of Gruden even if they wanted to. They signed him for big money for 5 years when everyone else hires first time coaches for 3. I don't want Gruden gone but I have to laugh at the continued incompetence of the top level of this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at Daniel Snyder. As posted earlier they can't get rid of Gruden even if they wanted to. They signed him for big money for 5 years when everyone else hires first time coaches for 3. I don't want Gruden gone but I have to laugh at the continued incompetence of the top level of this team.

allen and gruden are in year one of actually doing their jobs . i think they need some more time

they need to expand and upgrade the scouting dept . they now have seen what the really have and what they dont and now they need to address it

we will see what happens

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Dad, way to early to make a decision on Gruden. But Allen should not be in charge of personnel, he has a horrible history there and he is being pulled in too many directions. When you are busy fighting the name controversy, organizing charity events etc you don't have a lot of time left. Personnel is a full time 12 month a year job. Once again Snyder fucked up. Lather, rinse, repeat.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Dad, way to early to make a decision on Gruden. But Allen should not be in charge of personnel, he has a horrible history there and he is being pulled in too many directions. When you are busy fighting the name controversy, organizing charity events etc you don't have a lot of time left. Personnel is a full time 12 month a year job. Once again Snyder fucked up. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I get what you are saying, but lets be real. The scouting dept should be doing this 12 months a year. A Pres/GM takes their info and makes decisions. No GM is spending their entire waking moments evaluating talent. So if you don't think Allen is up to the job, fine. But it isn't an issue of him being pulled in too many directions.

Personally, I think the jury is still out on Allen. He is a bright guy and he knows football. I doubt any of us really know the situations he encountered in Tampa and Oakland (I can only imagine what working in Oakland for Davis must have been like). He also just inherited this scouting department. Our last draft was not bad, but our FA signing weren't great. Im of the mind that he should get another year to two as fully responsible before we bury him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent signings weren't just "weren't great" they were horrible. This was a huge off season for Allen, he needed to hit a home run. Everyone knew OL and the secondary was crucial need areas and he did nothing to help there despite having cap space.

DJax fell into his lap, I give him no credit here. All they had to do was put in a decent offer as he wanted to play in the NFC East and Dallas and the Giants were set at WR.

Now let's examine the players they decided to sign, the guys they spent months studying and decided that they would be good additions to help improve the team:

Lauvao: The day after he signed I heard from Browns fans who said he was their worst offensive lineman and were stunned that the Redskins were interested let alone interested at that number. You know it's bad when a Browns fan is laughing at you. He sucks.

Grade: D- based on his cap hit along with his play

Hatcher: This was going to be the guy to give us the much needed inside pass rush. After a good first few games he has been in the Witness Protection Plan and is another in the long list of big name busts along the D line.

Grade: D+ (the + only because of the first few games) but it could be lower given expectations and cap space spent.

Ryan Clark: I get it, he was cheap, available and a stop gap. But good God we could have gotten this kind of play out of Madeiu Williams.

Grade: D-

Andre Roberts: Pre-seaon was fool's gold. He has had a ton of drops and totally ineffective as a punt returner although his play has finally improved at the WR spot.

Grade: C-

Tracy Porter: Um Tracy Porter has no grade point average.

Grade: zero point zero

Special Teams FAs such as Haywood, Sharpton, Akeem Jordan etc: Special teams once again were an embarrassment until the halfway point in the season. They have improved all the way up to average. Not nearly good enough

Grade: D+

Tress Way: Well what do you know, we finally found a punter. Would be nice if he ever learned how to down the ball inside the 20 but hey, he's the best we've had for a long time.

Grade: B

Clifton Geathers. Meh, he's a guy. No need to grade signings like this one.

Let's not forget the disastrous decision to franchise Rak, money that could have been used on other needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agent signings weren't just "weren't great" they were horrible. This was a huge off season for Allen, he needed to hit a home run. Everyone knew OL and the secondary was crucial need areas and he did nothing to help there despite having cap space.

DJax fell into his lap, I give him no credit here. All they had to do was put in a decent offer as he wanted to play in the NFC East and Dallas and the Giants were set at WR.

Now let's examine the players they decided to sign, the guys they spent months studying and decided that they would be good additions to help improve the team:

Lauvao: The day after he signed I heard from Browns fans who said he was their worst offensive lineman and were stunned that the Redskins were interested let alone interested at that number. You know it's bad when a Browns fan is laughing at you. He sucks.

Grade: D- based on his cap hit along with his play

Hatcher: This was going to be the guy to give us the much needed inside pass rush. After a good first few games he has been in the Witness Protection Plan and is another in the long list of big name busts along the D line.

Grade: D+ (the + only because of the first few games) but it could be lower given expectations and cap space spent.

Ryan Clark: I get it, he was cheap, available and a stop gap. But good God we could have gotten this kind of play out of Madeiu Williams.

Grade: D-

Andre Roberts: Pre-seaon was fool's gold. He has had a ton of drops and totally ineffective as a punt returner although his play has finally improved at the WR spot.

Grade: C-

Tracy Porter: Um Tracy Porter has no grade point average.

Grade: zero point zero

Special Teams FAs such as Haywood, Sharpton, Akeem Jordan etc: Special teams once again were an embarrassment until the halfway point in the season. They have improved all the way up to average. Not nearly good enough

Grade: D+

Tress Way: Well what do you know, we finally found a punter. Would be nice if he ever learned how to down the ball inside the 20 but hey, he's the best we've had for a long time.

Grade: B

Clifton Geathers. Meh, he's a guy. No need to grade signings like this one.

Let's not forget the disastrous decision to franchise Rak, money that could have been used on other needs.

I actually agree about the FA signings. I was being kind when I said not great. But my point is that it is the job of the scouting dept to find and evaluate talent. The GM takes their evaluations and makes decisions. Allen has only controlled this group for 9 months. Let's give him a chance to change this group. If this offseason they don't perform better, then the onus is on Allen.
The other point I will make when it comes to FAs is that it takes 2 to make a deal. Honestly, some FAs wouldn't come here right now. This is also the case with FO personnel. And this has nothing to do with Allen.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The buck stops with Allen. He was in charge and it was his final call. He told us to evaluate him from that point on and that's what I'm doing. And the bottom line is he signed exactly one good FA and that player is a punter.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way until a minute ago as I was looking up the FAs I thought our punters last name was Tressway. Dead serious. That's how far my interest has fallen, I don't even know the name of our fucking punter.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And haven't you previously preached patience with others?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree about the FA signings. I was being kind when I said not great. But my point is that it is the job of the scouting dept to find and evaluate talent. The GM takes their evaluations and makes decisions. Allen has only controlled this group for 9 months. Let's give him a chance to change this group. If this offseason they don't perform better, then the onus is on Allen.
The other point I will make when it comes to FAs is that it takes 2 to make a deal. Honestly, some FAs wouldn't come here right now. This is also the case with FO personnel. And this has nothing to do with Allen.

As an avowed Allen hater, I honestly don't have a lot to disagree with what you've written. However, let me add this little factoid. There is nothing that prevents anyone who's in position to do so, make changes in the front offices. This can happen at any time and not just during the off season. Granted there might be hires from other teams that would have to wait. Some of our current scouts have been with this team for some time and evaluating/ replacing them should be a given as keeping them in place only delays the work for the new hire (s).