• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GUILTY !!!!!! On all Counts

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if he would have gotten off IF his lawyers didn't admit he was there in the closing arguments

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if he would have gotten off IF his lawyers didn't admit he was there in the closing arguments
There was so much evidence that he was there the defense attorneys had to shift the focus another direction. It appears that all the jurors were convinced he was guilty but there were many different reasons that determined how they came to that conclusion. In the end, the prosecutors made the case.....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that confirmed what they already felt. There was a lot of evidence putting Hernandez at the scene of the crime.

Of course admitting it at the end certainly didn't help.

Art Vandelay

Latex Importer/Exporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong I think Hernandez is a POS and guilty as sin, but the threshold for "beyond a reasonable doubt" is rarely reached with circumstantial evidence and hearsay.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is frequently reached with circumstantial evidence although rarely with hearsay as that is inadmissible absent certain exceptions, which were not present here. It's fairly rare to have a murder weapon or a reliable eyewitness. In cases where the prosecution has one or both of those, usually the defendant cops a plea eliminating the need for a jury to find ther person guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

To use a football analogy, Hernandez's defense team tried a Hail Mary by admitting he was at the crime scene. That was a concession that the prosecution had proved he was there. The idea that he was there but that it was his two drug-addled friends who actually did the murder, and he had no part in it, was ludicrous. Hernandez, like most football players, is clearly an alpha male. Of his peer group, he had all the money, status etc. that would have made him the leader of the pack. Plus, after the murder, he went home and hung out with these guys and let them hold his infant daughter.

Despite an obviously hostile judge who, from what I've read, had some past run-ins with the prosecutor, the prosecution did a good job, which the verdict demonstrates.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I wonder if Odin Llyod's mother forgave Hernandez because he was going away in prison for life. If he had either only gotten 2nd degree and the possibility of parole or even worse, had gotten completely off would she have forgiven him?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense really painted themselves into a corner. With the Kraft testimony that Hernandez said, " I was at a bar at the time of the murder" They could not let the jury chew on that without a Hernandez explanation like, "The cops asked me where I was at (3:00 AM)" ..... "That was why I thought I knew the time of the murder"
They let it go because Hernandez would have to get on the stand to refute the Kraft testimony. The prosecution would have killed Hernandez on the stand - this late in the trial.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I wonder if Odin Llyod's mother forgave Hernandez because he was going away in prison for life. If he had either only gotten 2nd degree and the possibility of parole or even worse, had gotten completely off would she have forgiven him?

Copy that. I forgive only because I know you are now going to rot in hell until you go to hell.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy that. I forgive only because I know you are now going to rot in hell until you go to hell.

Yeah I'm wondering if that's why she did forgive him. Takes balls to forgive him though.