• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Clark Judge on the radio says Gruden is gone from Cinncy, there will be too many HC vacancies at seasons end, and Gruden has proved himself with Dalton, look for him in Jacksonville.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could def see it and then we will see how Dalton does next year.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jax attendance is worst than Cincy's and with new ownership dont be surprised to see them move to L.A., Gruden's a Florida resident so he'd have to move out west

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't moving.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't moving.

LOL! You really believe the Jags aren't moving? Their new owner will not make any significant changes, he'll hire a cheap coach and he'll let the area continue to show a lack of support. When a new LA stadium is due in about 4 years, he'll move the team west. The value of his franchise will significantly increase from the move.

Billionaires don't become billionaires by making poor financial decisions. This is a guy that saw a way to purchase low (in terms of value of a franchise) and turn a huge profit (again in terms of value) within 5 years.

Book it.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Clayton had a nice article on ESPN about a lack of qualified NFL coordinators to step into all of the headcoaching jobs. There will either be a lot of retreads (former coach failures like Mularkey, Nolan, Mora, etc.) or people like Jay Gruden will get jobs. My guess is that Gruden is gone. Maybe they can turn the offense over to that new receiver coach from Philly - He'd probably be able to keep the same system.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Marvin can take over the duties as OC too?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Marvin can take over the duties as OC too?

We can only hope. Or we could make our D line coach offensive coordinator so we can try to mirror Philly.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gruden seemed underqualified to be an OC before the season started, now halfway through he's a trendy HC canidate.. things change quickly..

part of it has to be the name recognition aspect

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Gruden seemed underqualified to be an OC before the season started, now halfway through he's a trendy HC canidate.. things change quickly..

part of it has to be the name recognition aspect

That and the success the Bengals have had this season..Rest asure if Cinncy would be 3-8 now, his name wouldnt be mentioned..

It sucks having success, the bottom dwellers are always picking at your coaches.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How does an 18-20 ranked offensive OC get to be a HC candidate???? So no one believes Andy has something to do with this or Green???? I know Gruden is OK I actually thought he would do better but Im not mad he hasnt done better either....He does have a rookie QB and WR....With that said I think he needs 1 more year......if in fact he is gone then give me Norv Turner (will be fired from SD) or give me that asst in NO behind Payton.....

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
How does an 18-20 ranked offensive OC get to be a HC candidate???? So no one believes Andy has something to do with this or Green???? I know Gruden is OK I actually thought he would do better but Im not mad he hasnt done better either....He does have a rookie QB and WR....With that said I think he needs 1 more year......if in fact he is gone then give me Norv Turner (will be fired from SD) or give me that asst in NO behind Payton.....

Success breeds panic from the bottom dwellers Will, they dont care about rankings..Ravens went from 8-8 and kept all their coaches, then we win the Bowl and our coaching staff was depleted starting with Del Rio.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's not just our record. If it is clear as day to fans to see how amazing Gruden's scheme is, imagine what a GM might be thinking with all the footage available to him.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw somebody on Twitter mention Gruden as possibly getting a HC job next season.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. There are guys who have been around a long time as good OC's and other positions that fail to attain HC positions.

It'll be a worry when it's time. Now is not the time.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden's appeal to GM's

-- He's an offensive coordinator. A lot of bad teams right now are struggling on the offensive side of the ball. Plus, offense puts asses in the seat. How many good offensive coordinators are currently out there? Many of the good offenses feature a head coach that calls the plays. Not so with Gruden.

-- Name recognition. While it shouldn't matter, it's undeniable that it does. A guy named Gruden gives fans more hope than a guy without a name.

-- His work with Dalton. This has to be especially attractive to franchises like St. Louis (struggling with Bradford in the 2nd year), Jacksonville (can they get anything out of Gabbert), and Arizona (someone needs to get something out of Kolb or finda rookie).

I believe Gruden will likely be gone after this season.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is being reported now that the Jaguars have contacted Jay Gruden about their HC job. Gruden told them he interested but not until the Bengald season is over. The jaguars are interviewing other candidates as well. I'm sure he'll go on to be a great coach while we keep Marvin for several more years of mediocrity.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is being reported now that the Jaguars have contacted Jay Gruden about their HC job. Gruden told them he interested but not until the Bengald season is over. The jaguars are interviewing other candidates as well. I'm sure he'll go on to be a great coach while we keep Marvin for several more years of mediocrity.

That is horseshit. You are hearing false information. It is illegal for another team to contact Gruden this week. The bye teams can get contacted, but not teams currently scheduled to play this week.