• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden names RG3 the starter.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the press is pretty foolish. i looked at his presser and it was . to me , like , he is the number one guy now but he has to do some things to keep it

That was my take also. He's #1 on the depth chart to open camp, but that doesn't guarantee him the start come game 1.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked also, except this is the Redskins and Dan Snyder we are talking about. I've become numb to his actions so nothing he might do would shock me.

BUT.....He is NOT running the show.... You need to accept the fact that he is NOT running the team anymore.....I know you have no faith.....so....when they don't exercise that option....Would you concede just a little that things are in fact changing?????

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT.....He is NOT running the show.... You need to accept the fact that he is NOT running the team anymore.....I know you have no faith.....so....when they don't exercise that option....Would you concede just a little that things are in fact changing?????

Probably not on that action. But if rg3 ends up on the bench, I would then begin to believe it might be possible dan has relinquished some control. At the moment.

But if they renegotiate his deal and extend him this year, would you concede that dan is still calling the shots?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not on that action. But if rg3 ends up on the bench, I would then begin to believe it might be possible dan has relinquished some control. At the moment.

But if they renegotiate his deal and extend him this year, would you concede that dan is still calling the shots?

what if Rg3 actually earned the job ? he could earn it

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if Rg3 actually earned the job ? he could earn it

Then he should start. I was referring to the scenario where he still sucks in preseason and cousins looks good, yet RG3 still started the first game. Basically the situation where he is handed the job and there is no real open competition. If that happens, then, to me, that just validates that someone other than jay is calling the shots.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he should start. I was referring to the scenario where he still sucks in preseason and cousins looks good, yet RG3 still started the first game. Basically the situation where he is handed the job and there is no real open competition. If that happens, then, to me, that just validates that someone other than jay is calling the shots.

gotcha

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well as you said.....probably not.......but it wont happen...so I will man up and say...OK......If they do redo his deal I will agree dan is meddeling.....

I can man up and admitt I was wrong...Aparently you cant or wont...but thats ok...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as you said.....probably not.......but it wont happen...so I will man up and say...OK......If they do redo his deal I will agree dan is meddeling.....

I can man up and admitt I was wrong...Aparently you cant or wont...but thats ok...
What is there to be wrong about? These are opinions, dude. Neither are necessarily wrong or right. For you or for me.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I saw that. Sallie really hates Snyder. Almost makes me like her. Almost.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think the announcement was significant. To me there is a big difference between an open competition, where both players start out on equal footing and share first team reps, and announcing that one QB goes in with a head start with the understanding that it's his job to lose and he wins all ties as he takes the first team reps. The fact that it was announced by a coach who can best be described as looking like a hostage video and is a complete reversal from his quote at the end of December again raises questions about just who is making the calls in Ashburn.

But then again this is the same coach who actually said with a straight face that he knew nothing about his brother working with one of his QBs.