• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gruden hot seat ?

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think Gruden is fired in the next year or 2? Second, if I'm not mistaken and could very well be, isn't Gruden in his last contract year or does he have 1 more? Depending on the contract, he may very well be gone after this season which would be very unfortunate for everyone in the organization.
If Snyder doesn't want to sell, then he must part with Bruce Allen sooner than later to risk losing a complete fan base. A smart business person would have to realize his product is currently inferior, tainted by approach and in need of R & R, (repair & reconfiguration) to improve, stimulate and re-energize the fan base. Let's hope something is being done behind the scenes to start this process.

I think Gruden is gone in a year or 2 because A) I dont believe in Alex Smith and we are stuck with him for 3 years. B) Snyder always has a fall guy.

I am starting to think the Skins have a decent year though. Maybe 9-10 wins even but there wont be an SB aspirations.

The thing about Snyder is I believe he has already lost a lot of the fan base. I was just down in Charles County this past week.... My brother in law and family are all in on the Nats and Caps. They are also all in on Sundays for boating, fishing for rock fish, crabbing, and duck hunting. Similar to what Shark always says they are just finding something different to do on Sundays.

Snyder will try to re-energize the new fan base with Alex Smith, firing Bruce Allen, firing Gruden and getting a new HC. We've seen this act play out many times, only this time many of the fans have caught on.

If it wasnt for profit sharing I believe Snyder would have sold the team by now. As it is he continues to profit as the local team flounders.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the f&^k cares if he wins 8-10 games? Hes not winning a SB. Hes not going to be competing for a SB. That should be the teams goal.

There are no superbowl aspirations with Alex Smith so I got to ask you. What is the point?

IYO the redskins aren't "competing" for a nfce championship with alex smith?...that could lead to "competing for a sb"?

excuse me, but "who the f&^K" are you?

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see 8 wins cutting the mustard , 9 would be shaky

8 wins would be a huge failure, if they stay healthy in key positions. this team has enough talent to compete for the nfce championship this season.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you become so angry?

i'm not angry gk. being a redskins fan is pure entertainment for me. clearly, you missed it once again.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IYO the redskins aren't "competing" for a nfce championship with alex smith?...that could lead to "competing for a sb"?

excuse me, but "who the f&^K" are you?

so you think this team is a legitimate contender for a SB with Alex Smith?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can make the playoffs you can contend , not long ago the WC giants beat the pats

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I am not predicting that but maybe. If he does, what does that really say about him though?

that he is a badass. and, if he leads his 3rd different nfl team to the playoffs...he will be considered a hof qb.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This upcoming season? Nah - & honestly who in the hell is even suggesting that? Not long ago on this site folks were predicting 3-13 - quite a stretch to be talking SB.

Beyond this season? Perhaps. In spite of some of the poor moves in past seasons I like several of the moves this offseason (not all but some). If they keep adding talent (primarily via the draft) they could evolve into contenders over time. If they have the rt mix they don't need to have a top 5 QB. Foles, Flacco & a washed up P. Manning all won recent SBs. QB is important but not the end all, be all.

I love your comparison to the Caps & Nats. Many folks gave up on those teams. Caps were chokers for years & years & years & no doubt several of their so-called fans bailed on them (only to jump back on bandwagon this spring). The Nats have also been classic underachievers & really have accomplished nothing. They have also been playing like crap lately. However - they likely will rebound but again they are far from perfect.

Many fans will come & go based on Ws & Ls. Redskins just need to keep the philosophy of building via the draft. I don't think things are as bleak as you portray. Time will tell. HTTR

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that he is a badass. and, if he leads his 3rd different nfl team to the playoffs...he will be considered a hof qb.

Or maybe he fell into the perfect situations where he always had a top running game and scoring defense requiring far less from him.

HOF...hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahaahahahaahahhahahahaahahahahahaahhahaahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaha

Ok, Ok, Ok. I am good now. Wait...hahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaaahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahaahaahahaahahahaahhahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahahaaaha.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ew
Or maybe he fell into the perfect situations where he always had a top running game and scoring defense requiring far less from him.

HOF...hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahaahahahaahahhahahahaahahahahahaahhahaahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaha

Ok, Ok, Ok. I am good now. Wait...hahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahaahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaaahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahaahaahahaahahahaahhahahaahahahahahaahahahahaahahaaaha.

"YOU LIKE THAT" of course you don't gk....i guess alex, also "fell into" being the #1 over all pick in the nfl draft...again, complete hate on your part on the qb the redskins traded for.

if the redskins don't have a winning season (playoffs), it certainly won't be because of the play of our new qb.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ew

"YOU LIKE THAT" of course you don't gk....i guess alex, also "fell into" being the #1 over all pick in the nfl draft...again, complete hate on your part on the qb the redskins traded for.

if the redskins don't have a winning season (playoffs), it certainly won't be because of the play of our new qb.

Widely considered a bust of a pick at 1. No hate at all for the player or the man...plenty of hate for the trade.

Yep. It will be anything else because some can’t admit they were wrong. We got him everything he needs to get wins. If he falls short, you can bet your ass it was because of Captain Checkdown.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This upcoming season? Nah - & honestly who in the hell is even suggesting that? Not long ago on this site folks were predicting 3-13 - quite a stretch to be talking SB.

Beyond this season? Perhaps. In spite of some of the poor moves in past seasons I like several of the moves this offseason (not all but some). If they keep adding talent (primarily via the draft) they could evolve into contenders over time. If they have the rt mix they don't need to have a top 5 QB. Foles, Flacco & a washed up P. Manning all won recent SBs. QB is important but not the end all, be all.

I love your comparison to the Caps & Nats. Many folks gave up on those teams. Caps were chokers for years & years & years & no doubt several of their so-called fans bailed on them (only to jump back on bandwagon this spring). The Nats have also been classic underachievers & really have accomplished nothing. They have also been playing like crap lately. However - they likely will rebound but again they are far from perfect.

Many fans will come & go based on Ws & Ls. Redskins just need to keep the philosophy of building via the draft. I don't think things are as bleak as you portray. Time will tell. HTTR

Caps fans have been Caps fans through all the ups and downs. Of course many more jumped on board as they progressed in the playoffs this year and that would happen with any team. Some of us have been around since the 1st season.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked their draft this year.

Paul Richardson was a good signing as was Mcphee.

But.... Kirk Cousisn/Alex Smith

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked their draft this year.

Paul Richardson was a good signing as was Mcphee.

But.... Kirk Cousisn/Alex Smith

our free agent history says either PR or mcphee will fail