• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GriEER officially good to go

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never heard of Sunday evening service?????? Guess you don't get out much. Most every Baptist church has evening service, as do many other protestant denominations.

Now you just being a dick...I said we have Saturday evening mass, as for what you sect does I have no clue, I go to the right church :lol: Plus I do have friends in both religions you named and neither of those churches have SUNDAY night service. but maybe you do fall into that group that needs a double dose on Sundays after reading most of your post. Lighten up buttercup.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stayed away from these petty spats in the past, but people’s religion, or lack of, should be left alone on a sports board. I still have family in Northern Ireland, so I know firsthand the interminable sectarian strife there, and the toll it has taken. Please, everyone give it a rest.

No spat here, just wasting time until football season :trash::suds:

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bat,

You have to understand that Poppy will throw anything out he as an excuse instead of saying what it is. He once brought up something about growing up in a small town that had a power plant, or something, where people got killed. It was way out there and had nothing to do with the topic at hand.
If church is the real reason, so be it, however most denominations reach far and wide and welcome visitors from out of state. If his choir group cannot function without him missing, so be it. I used to work with a guy who went to Wednesday evening services. He made sure that if he was traveling for work, he would find a local church that had Wednesday evening service. Even if our work group had an annual meeting, he would not attend our Wednesday evening function in favor of church. The man was from Arkansas and was able to find a service in Buffalo, NY. I do not know of a denomination that only has Sunday evening services but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Rusher seems to know of at least 1 faith that has Sunday evening only services. Please enlighten.

Thanks Mad for the explanation, I suspected as much, but attacking someone’s religion does not help anyone’s argument. As soon as religion is introduced into any discussion it becomes personal and emotional. At that point any rational dialogue disappears.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Mad for the explanation, I suspected as much, but attacking someone’s religion does not help anyone’s argument. As soon as religion is introduced into any discussion it becomes personal and emotional. At that point any rational dialogue disappears.
If you think religions bad, try politics. And if you think politics is bad, pick a side on should players be paid, or should the Mounties switch defense to a 4-3.
You would think that Poppy would have said what faith he practices. Instead, he drags Baptist and Protestant into the conversation. I already discounted his claim on that one. Poppy us the king of smoke and mirrors with a lot of deflect.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not attacking one's religion. I made zero comments attacking his choice of faith. I could give a fuck if he is Muslim, Christian, Jewish...

Anyone with any background with DAD knows he is dishonest/lies. He has made up BS since I first encountered him in '06. He used to troll the Ohio State fans on CBS regularly.

IMO, using worship and his commitment to the praise band as his latest attempt to explain why he won't go to see his team play is laughable. A man who lies as much as he does... on this board alone... and then tries to play the righteous card... is laughable.

Ask him how many games he's attended in the past 5 years. 10 years. He bitches about how hard it is to see WVU play games on the road since it moved to the Big 12. How many road games did he attend while WVU was in the BE? How many games as he been to in the DC area over the last 5 years?

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to an Assembly of God church in Wardensville, WV when I was growing up. We had morning and evening church services on Sunday, and a Wednesday evening service.

I think some of you people who came up Catholic just didn't realize that most Evangelical churches have a Sunday evening service.

I haven't been to church other then a wedding or two for my Dad.......in over 25 years. I do still believe and understand he don't want to miss church. I don't see a problem with a game on Sunday or someone not wanting to go because of church.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever BEEN to a church? Nearly EVERY church has Sunday evening service.......and it is NEVER ok to miss church

You calling bullshit on the fact my father was addicted to Valium and his mother was an alcoholic? Really?

What kind of Christian would do such a thing as that?

I grew up attending and was confirmed in the Wesley United Methodist Church in Morgantown. It sits at the top of High Street next to the downtown campus. My wife and I were married in this church as my boy Slaton can attest.

No, it didn't have Sunday evening services. Looking at its website, it looks like it still doesn't.

home

Whether your church does or doesn't isn't the point anyways. You played your card... good for you. I expect nothing different from you. You represent all that is wrong with those who falsely stand behind their shield of faith.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton... me, you and DAD could all go celebrate our love for God at a place of worship near your cave... right? It would be really cool to hear DAD's praise band skills. We could work something out for a Saturday night or Sunday morning?

I got juuust the place!.....:heh::heh:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling bullshit on the fact my father was addicted to Valium and his mother was an alcoholic? Really?

What kind of Christian would do such a thing as that?

I grew up attending and was confirmed in the Wesley United Methodist Church in Morgantown. It sits at the top of High Street next to the downtown campus. My wife and I were married in this church as my boy Slaton can attest.

No, it didn't have Sunday evening services. Looking at its website, it looks like it still doesn't.

home

Whether your church does or doesn't isn't the point anyways. You played your card... good for you. I expect nothing different from you. You represent all that is wrong with those who falsely stand behind their shield of faith.
Explain to me how it is wrong to fulfill a commitment I made to our church? How do I represent wrong because my faith comes before a football game? Church services have ALWAYS been on Sunday, football was on Saturday prior to the ESPN money grab........I am calling BS to your constant trolling. I am calling BS to you throwing everything else in life away to love on Ollie Luck and his boy....I was going to go to this game when it was scheduled for Saturday, always love playing VPI, but there are more important things to do on Sunday. If you don't like or respect it, fine, I don't care what you think, and from what I have seen, I am very glad that you and Mad disagree with me on most issues, as you both seem to have some problems to work out.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how it is wrong to fulfill a commitment I made to our church? How do I represent wrong because my faith comes before a football game? Church services have ALWAYS been on Sunday, football was on Saturday prior to the ESPN money grab........I am calling BS to your constant trolling. I am calling BS to you throwing everything else in life away to love on Ollie Luck and his boy....I was going to go to this game when it was scheduled for Saturday, always love playing VPI, but there are more important things to do on Sunday. If you don't like or respect it, fine, I don't care what you think, and from what I have seen, I am very glad that you and Mad disagree with me on most issues, as you both seem to have some problems to work out.

Once again... you give me a bullshit rating? A fine Christian man you are.

I don't give a fuck what you think of me! You're a fucking hypocrite! You come across as one of the most pathetic human beings I've ever had any kind of contact with.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to an Assembly of God church in Wardensville, WV when I was growing up. We had morning and evening church services on Sunday, and a Wednesday evening service.

I think some of you people who came up Catholic just didn't realize that most Evangelical churches have a Sunday evening service.

I haven't been to church other then a wedding or two for my Dad.......in over 25 years. I do still believe and understand he don't want to miss church. I don't see a problem with a game on Sunday or someone not wanting to go because of church.

Wardensville, Potomac Valley Conference baby! Not to far from my neck of the woods.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how he has twisted your post and Slaton's from 'Hey, if you really want to go to the game and not miss Church we can probably find some place nearby' to 'BBW and mad are a bunch of hypocrites who worship Luck over God'. Nobody said he was wrong for choosing Church over football or anything else. How can you hide behind religion for sympathy and then spew the junk you do? You have sunk to new lows. Pathetic.

Most common sense people would have gone the path of D.C. and Mike and say I am (insert faith) and we have mass/services on these days and times. I already knew Poppy was reaching for Sunday evening services when he threw out Baptist and Protestants. Being raised Catholic, I already knew they were out. Wife is Baptist, they were mostly out. Know a lot of Protestants, they were mostly out. Knew Church of God have a Wednesday evening service from working in Tennessee for 5.5 years. Even if he said what Church he belonged to, how can you believe him?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition of TROLL

Definition of troll

1. transitive verb
  2. 1a : to fish for by trollingb : to fish by trolling in troll lakesc : to pull through the water in trolling troll a lured : to search in or at trolls flea markets for bargains; also : prowl troll nightclubs

3. 2a : to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content … trolls engage in the most outrageous and offensive behaviors possible—all the better to troll you with. — Whitney Phillipsb : to act as a troll (see 3troll 2) on (a forum, site, etc.) … is also notorious, for trolling message boards on the Internet, posting offensive material he himself has written and then suing anyone who responds in agreement. — Mark Hemingway

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind being called an asshole... prick... for taking anyone to task.

I'm not sure I meet the definition of a troll though. I definitely respond to posts I feel are bullshit/mistruths/lies/full of error. If by calling one out for posting bullshit is trolling, then the definition needs another addition.

I'll accept any and all name calling though.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wardensville, Potomac Valley Conference baby! Not to far from my neck of the woods.

I graduated from Hampshire, grew up and moved back to High View, Grandparents from Baker and Mathias. Think that is how we ended up going to church in Wardensville. Lived two years away from home and the mountains called me back. Will be there till the day I die.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind being called an asshole... prick... for taking anyone to task.

I'm not sure I meet the definition of a troll though. I definitely respond to posts I feel are bullshit/mistruths/lies/full of error. If by calling one out for posting bullshit is trolling, then the definition needs another addition.

I'll accept any and all name calling though.
Asshole. Thanks, I needed that.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. We have a new 'Mountaineer' poster that goes by the name Erritant and just joined today. Troll??? Who can it be? Is it somebody we already know? Stay tuned.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he is a good Christian.

Love the bullshit ratings... I respond to them in kind...

Luke 6:37 (CEB) "Don't judge, and you won't be judged. Don't condemn, and you won't be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever given a bullshit rating. It's too much fun calling bullshit in a post and many ways of doing it.