• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Cosell: RGIII is a reclamation project at best

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure...that's it

When he fails again in Hue's easy system what will your excuse be then?

Kid can't play the position the way it needs to be played. He never learned at Baylor and he never put in any time to learn in Washington. Those are both facts. Maybe he turns over a new leaf, but more likely he goes the way of Ryan. Hue might be able to get through to him. At least Robert will have some perceived common ground with Hue to maybe get him to listen.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remove the eagles part from eaglesnut's name and you get a clearer picture of his football IQ. :der:

When he fails again in Hue's easy system what will your excuse be then?

Kid can't play the position the way it needs to be played. He never learned at Baylor and he never put in any time to learn in Washington. Those are both facts. Maybe he turns over a new leaf, but more likely he goes the way of Ryan. Hue might be able to get through to him. At least Robert will have some perceived common ground with Hue to maybe get him to listen.

eaglesnut wasted no time in proving Hammer's comment was right on the money about his football IQ.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing what a great rookie year he had and how all of a sudden he can't go through progressions... Maybe he bought so much time with his legs his rookie year he didn't have to go through progressions, who knows....

"I agree"
- Vince Young

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it is a combination of things. First of all - the injuries after year one took their toll. He is still very fast but not to the extent that he was in his rookie year & that small amt can make a lot of difference in the NFL. Secondly - the league had a chance to plan for him & review his tendencies & he didn't have the skill set to counter any of this. He really needed to develop in traditional areas (pocket presence, reading the field, sliding, etc) & never really did in his 2nd & 3rd seasons.

I truly think that beyond some insiders nobody really knows how he will play moving forward. My guess is that he will struggle but perhaps he will surprise us. Hard to tell when by the time he plays his next meaningful game it will have been almost two years since he played in a real game. Confidence will obviously also be a major factor & that may be problematic in Cleveland. I wish him the best.

RGIII and Shanahan changed the game of football his rookie year. Their offense destroyed the Cover 2.

With the read-option against a deep cover 2, the defense would have one defender to account for two ball-carriers. That spelled disaster for the defense, and massive easy yardage for Griffin (and Kaep).

Well, defenses caught up. The cover 2 is dead. You no longer see two safeties lined up on the hashes 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Just like the Wildcat no longer works, RGIII, Kaep, etc will never be able to run those offenses successfully again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOPE!!! Not gonna happen, EVER!!!!!!

Yes, I imagine we can expect your unsubstantiated and incoherent dribble to drool from your open mouth for the foreseeable future. Such an honor to have interacted with your special self.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I imagine we can expect your unsubstantiated and incoherent dribble to drool from your open mouth for the foreseeable future. Such an honor to have interacted with your special self.
Are you talking about yourself again.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prove it. Post some of my comments that back that up or STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prove it. Post some of my comments that back that up or STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

If I extrapolate from your posts in this thread we can estimate that the supporting posts would be all 1,011 of them.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I extrapolate from your posts in this thread we can estimate that the supporting posts would be all 1,011 of them.
So, no proof. That exactly what I thought. Now, please follow the last 4 letters of my post in comment #32 of this thread.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it is a combination of things. First of all - the injuries after year one took their toll. He is still very fast but not to the extent that he was in his rookie year & that small amt can make a lot of difference in the NFL. Secondly - the league had a chance to plan for him & review his tendencies & he didn't have the skill set to counter any of this. He really needed to develop in traditional areas (pocket presence, reading the field, sliding, etc) & never really did in his 2nd & 3rd seasons.

I truly think that beyond some insiders nobody really knows how he will play moving forward. My guess is that he will struggle but perhaps he will surprise us. Hard to tell when by the time he plays his next meaningful game it will have been almost two years since he played in a real game. Confidence will obviously also be a major factor & that may be problematic in Cleveland. I wish him the best.

Good post...Rockinkuwait hit on it.

RG3's confidence was gone and Gruden didn't do a whole to help him find it.

Shanny's...I think you know I'm not a fan if either of them actually, but they didn't have much choice in his rookie yr...under fire to win with a rookie QB from a read option OFC and you run a WC OFC....amazing he did as well as he did, but it took a season for the DCs to figure him out.

In the meantime, his rookie success gave all of us a false sense of this kid's development as a NFL QB.

I was hoping the Rams or DEN would pick him. He is going to struggle in CLE to get wins for certain...just not enough firepower on either side of the ball...somehow I don't think this will be his last stop in the NFL.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 couldn't start for many college teams anymore.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy will never shut up, will he? :L