• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greatest Football Dynasties of the Super Bowl Era

Greatest Football Dynasties of the Super Bowl Era

• Washington Redskins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

• Denver Broncos

• Miami Dolphins

• Total voters

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think going back to back twice in a 6-7 yr span puts PIT at the top in terms of the most dominant dynasty imo. That said...the Patriots dynasty period was '02-'05 imo, but to sustain the high level of success and come back and win two more nearly a decade later is more impressive.

I didn't vote and honestly could care less if they are or aren't. I really enjoyed watching Pitt in the 70's esp the Steel Curtain and my fav SB commercial is with Mean Joe and the kid Coke commercial. Having said that I watched the Pats go to 2 SB's in 31 years and lose both and then watched them go to 7 and win 5 in only half that time, 16 years. So shitty 2/3 and great 1/3

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote and honestly could care less if they are or aren't. I really enjoyed watching Pitt in the 70's esp the Steel Curtain and my fav SB commercial is with Mean Joe and the kid Coke commercial. Having said that I watched the Pats go to 2 SB's in 31 years and lose both and then watched them go to 7 and win 5 in only half that time, 16 years. So shitty 2/3 and great 1/3

A good synopsis. It's an easy case to make that the Patriots have been the premier franchise for the last 15 years but other franchises have had similar runs since the first Super Bowl..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The vast majority of these type threads always have some level of bias, or posters that never really saw all of the eras.

The reason I say it's more impressive...nearly everything about the league now seems to be geared towards parity.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most dynasties seem to have a core team that they bludgeon the league with for a number of years and then fade.

So the franchises that consistently achieved over an extended period of time have done something even more special imo.

Certainly the Patriots have done that and it's part of their "achievement"

SF did something similar winning with different coaches and QB over a period of 15 years? Pretty impressive to me.

Redskins with different qbs etc.

For me although both the Steelers and Packers have won titles in different decades the gap between dynasties seems wider then normal. It's not a negative but it does seem that this particular achievement eluded them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder what the Cowboys would have accomplished if Jimmy Johnson stayed on board. There's a good chance they win 4 straight in that scenario.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Patriots a selection?

latest
cause they are no.1 cheaters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most dynasties seem to have a core team that they bludgeon the league with for a number of years and then fade.

So the franchises that consistently achieved over an extended period of time have done something even more special imo.

Certainly the Patriots have done that and it's part of their "achievement"

SF did something similar winning with different coaches and QB over a period of 15 years? Pretty impressive to me.

Redskins with different qbs etc.

For me although both the Steelers and Packers have won titles in different decades the gap between dynasties seems wider then normal. It's not a negative but it does seem that this particular achievement eluded them.

Speaking on PIT...I think the Steelers dynasty ended in the 70s...although they have reached the big game 4 more times since the '79 season, that's not really extending the dynasty period to me. The SBs they've added since 1980 have more or less cemented the franchise as one of the greats in the league.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking on PIT...I think the Steelers dynasty ended in the 70s...although they have reached the big game 4 more times since the '79 season, that's not really extending the dynasty period to me. The SBs they've added since 1980 have more or less cemented the franchise as one of the greats in the league.

Yes. I think the latest SB wins have only enhanced their reputation as a great franchise.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I think the latest SB wins have only enhanced their reputation as a great franchise.

What's interesting is DAL is probably the most valued franchise and they haven't been relevant as a championship contender for a long time until this season.

Point is...being a dynasty has merits (mostly bragging rights for fans), but when it comes to $...not as much.

AmericarunsonDuncan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's interesting is DAL is probably the most valued franchise and they haven't been relevant as a championship contender for a long time until this season.

Point is...being a dynasty has merits (mostly bragging rights for fans), but when it comes to $...not as much.
You can only be so valuable playing in a smaller market, even with a strong brand of success. New England has skyrocketed in value because they're a dynasty in one of the most valuable sports markets. Pittsburgh is still small market. And Green Bay, despite being one of the more popular teams in terms of nationwide fan base, is only in the 8-10 range in terms of franchise value, IIRC

AmericarunsonDuncan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nevermind, I take it back. According to Forbes 2016 valuations, the Packers are 13 and the Steelers are 15

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as Steelers fans (and others) think they are crazy for their team, apparently it's even worse in Texas.. :D

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me New England comfortably. Being so consistently good for so long in today's environment is amazing. Sports leagues, the NFL and NHL especially, have tried their best to dynasty proof their leagues, so to have one at all is a great accomplishment

Hmm, nice avi. Come playoff season that's the one I use. Want to be my friend?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Steelers fans (and others) think they are crazy for their team, apparently it's even worse in Texas.. :D

Believe or not...in TX, the HS fan bases may be even more rabid than Cowboys fans. In GA it's pretty bad as well...I live in a small suburb about an hour from ATL...the town is nuts over the football team...Walmart sells their gear!