• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Coaches that could be had that nobody is talking about.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmm. They offered to fly his family and anyone else he wanted out to their games.

Pretty sure it was Moras job. He said no thanks.

These things happen.

That isnt a big deal. Most coaches get the use of private jets. Like I said his Jan 4th public announcement of loyalty is quite odd, when the Strong deal was already consummated by then.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isnt a big deal. Most coaches get the use of private jets. Like I said his Jan 4th public announcement of loyalty is quite odd, when the Strong deal was already consummated by then.

Well Mora thought it was a pretty big deal.

“During those conversations, Texas offered to send a private jet to pick up Mora’s parents, and anybody else he wanted, and bring them to all of the Longhorns’ games,” Low writes.

Even Mora was a little taken aback by such an offer.

“I’m like, ‘Is there a bottom to your bucket?’” Mora remembers thinking at the time.

Its fine, you can believe he was never offered the job if you want.

But I'm going to go the other way and believe he just turned it down.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is: Why is Jim Mora being discussed in a thread about "Great coaches?"

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Mora thought it was a pretty big deal.

“During those conversations, Texas offered to send a private jet to pick up Mora’s parents, and anybody else he wanted, and bring them to all of the Longhorns’ games,” Low writes.

Even Mora was a little taken aback by such an offer.

“I’m like, ‘Is there a bottom to your bucket?’” Mora remembers thinking at the time.

Its fine, you can believe he was never offered the job if you want.

But I'm going to go the other way and believe he just turned it down.

Two Texas candidates withdraw; Louisville's Charlie Strong still quiet

Mora withdraws from consideration for Texas job - CBSSports.com

that is from the time of the events.

this is sketchy article recently

Sources: Jim Mora was never offered Texas job | Rumors and Rants

dont you think it was odd he was interviewed prior to Strong and than pulled out when it was clear it was going to be announced that it was Strong's job? It is also very unusual to even mention you were offered a job and turned it down, most coaches do not do that. At a minimum there is a decent amount of smoke on this one. Saban, he definitely could of had the job. I am doubting Mora though. I guess we and agree to disagree on this one.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you think it was odd

I find a lot of what Mora has said to be odd concerning coaching. At one time he said he would leave a playoff bound Atlanta Falcons team to coach UW, then said he was joking but it's still his dream job.

Then, when offered the job he turns it down.

I don't know for 100% certainty he was offered the Texas job, but from reading, the inference is pretty clear, at least for me.

Granted we didnt have a presser with Mora saying no thanks to Texas, but c'mon...

I guess the whole point regarding this thread is already resolved though, that Moras name HAS come up for big time programs. To what degree is debatable if someone wanted to pursue it further. I don't really care enough to. :lol:

:suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jim McElwain at Colorado State would be a great hire at a P5 school looking for a coach. He had high level success as the offensive coordinator at Alabama and has completely turned around Colorado State in 3 years. They beat BC this past week on the road. And he has recruited very well considering where the state of that program was when he took it over.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th times the charm... lane kiffin.....

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see what David Cutcliffe could do if he were at a Football school.

Smotis

Stunning and Brave
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas should be sucking Manginos cock to get him back. The only time they've been good in the last 50 years was with him at the helm. But they got rid of him because he was "mean". Biggest mistake they've ever made.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach is too strange for a traditional school to pick him up... hell, he didn't even fit in at Texas Tech (my generation loved him; the blue hair geezers hated him)

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim tressel, assuming he still wants a coaching gig. I think he has 1 more year of show cause, which means discount and gives a year the get shit straight.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim tressel, assuming he still wants a coaching gig. I think he has 1 more year of show cause, which means discount and gives a year the get shit straight.
If Jim Tressel leaves Youngstown State to coach again, the entire state of Ohio should sue hsi ass for excessive douchebaggery.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see what David Cutcliffe could do if he were at a Football school.

Agree - I think he is one of the best offensive minds in the game. Give him a legit power house program and look out.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Leach isn't going anywhere. There are only a couple of school's in the country that would actually pay his buyout clause and none of those schools want a one trick pony.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the hundredth time.

Dave Doeren

Am I taking crazy pills here?

I believe every time I type his name it comes with an instant delete.

I agree with Doeren and I'm intrigued by Ruffin McNeil, but neither for Michigan. The Manchurian Candidate known as David Brandon needs to be fired before Michigan can have healthy stock. Hopefully this concussion scandal will get the ball rolling. Too bad Morris had to get hurt...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 pages later I would like to point out that it is Kyle Wittingham not Willingham at Utah

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutcliffe isn't going anywhere he is happy, they love him and he can coach as long as he wants. He got burned by Ole Miss I doubt he ever wants to move again especially from a job that is pretty stress free.