• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great Coaches that could be had that nobody is talking about.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does nobody talk about Art Brilles or Mike Gundy.
Great Coaches at shitty schools.

:clap:

Briles to me is a Chip Kelly-lite...if Chip keeps doing well then NFL will call. Gundy...meh he's never impressed me. I know he's a man, he's forty and all, but still doesn't strike me as a great coach.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jim Mora was at his home school. I don't see him going anywhere.

Jerry Kill is doing great things for Minnesota. As said, don't know about the health aspect.

Mack Brown is probably worth looking at as well.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does nobody talk about Art Brilles or Mike Gundy.
Great Coaches at shitty schools.

:clap:

Apparently Briles is "too dirty" for the spic-n-span, wholesome, Mr. Clean, pine-scented, wash-basin fresh, family-oriented, scholarly-focused world of collegiate athletics.

Gundy's just mentally imbalanced

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Briles won't leave the state of Texas
Gundy is a good choice, but would he leave okie jr?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy isn't going anywhere. He likes being Pickens boy toy.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Mora's name came up for Texas.

It did and he turned the opportunity down. He ain't leaving UCLA unless its for the NFL...even then I think he wants to stay.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jim Mora was at his home school. I don't see him going anywhere.

Mora went to UW and at one point called it his dream job.

Then turned it down when offered.

He is happy at UCLA. Dunno how happy he's going to be once USC gets all of their schollies back though.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briles to me is a Chip Kelly-lite...if Chip keeps doing well then NFL will call. Gundy...meh he's never impressed me. I know he's a man, he's forty and all, but still doesn't strike me as a great coach.

I really do not know why. Gundy has put out quality teams at a "lesser" school for years. I think he maybe the most under-rated coach in America. He has a pretty long track record. If he backed off the hair gel, i think you would like him more

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gundy has done more at OSU than Les Miles or Jimmy Johnson ever did.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did and he turned the opportunity down. He ain't leaving UCLA unless its for the NFL...even then I think he wants to stay.

I don think he was ever offered the job. Lots of people's names came up during that period. 25% of that list actually had an interview. Nobody knows the real story. That is why I tend to never believe the "he is not leaving" crowd. You never know what will happen. Remember when Petersen was never leaving Boise State?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy has done more at OSU than Les Miles or Jimmy Johnson ever did.

Wasn't Gundy the QB & teammate of Barry Sanders (and maybe Thurman Thomas) while @ Okie State?

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to be clear here. If anyone says "Mack Brown," I going to strangle them.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oddly it says in January there were discussions, but the Strong deal was already done by then. I do not doubt there were conversations. Plenty of times in interviews, you will be told that there will be certain perks available for your use. That does not mean you have a job. Plus Mora said "when someone else has interest in you", he did not say they offered him a job. If you remember Mora and Briles proclaimed love for their University within days (Mora was the day before) of Texas publicly announcing Strong. Strong going to Texas was rumored for at least a week prior to the announcement. Does not really matter, but my pt is never believe the "he is happy" BS. Things change if the and sometimes you never know if they really had the opportunity to go.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly it says in January there were discussions, but the Strong deal was already done by then. I do not doubt there were conversations. Plenty of times in interviews, you will be told that there will be certain perks available for your use. That does not mean you have a job. Plus Mora said "when someone else has interest in you", he did not say they offered him a job. If you remember Mora and Briles proclaimed love for their University within days (Mora was the day before) of Texas publicly announcing Strong. Strong going to Texas was rumored for at least a week prior to the announcement. Does not really matter, but my pt is never believe the "he is happy" BS. Things change if the and sometimes you never know if they really had the opportunity to go.

hmmm. They offered to fly his family and anyone else he wanted out to their games.

Pretty sure it was Moras job. He said no thanks.

These things happen.