• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Your team's Draft

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts,

If I am grading not them, I think they got about a Solid B in terms of value, but an F for fit. I think that is why the draft grades range all over the place. The only way these picks make sense is if Cousins gets traded for multiple small players. Then I get it.
I can't disagree with this, as far as players they got it's not bad but at least 3 of the 5 guys they acquired are not ready to make a real impact on the team this coming season. When you're trying to make Cousins happy by competing for a playoff spot(if that'd make him happy), this draft doesn't really do that. Trading Cousins for a haul of draft picks and young players already in the NBA to go along with these 5 players and WCS would make sense right now and be a solid start to rebuilding the team. Will they do that this offseason? I don't think so, which will just lead to another season of frustration for Demarcus and Kings fans.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god, you couldn't be more homer if you tried. Let me break it down for you:

Sports Illustrated are calling them losers
Biggest winners, losers from the 2016 NBA draft?

Fox Sports gave them (surprisingly) a C-
2016 NBA Draft grades: Pick-by-pick analysis of all 60 selections

Yahoo gives them a D
Grading the 2016 NBA draft

And those are literally the first three searches I found

Secondly, why did I think the Kings had a terrible draft? The same reasons most people who are't Kings homers thought they had a terrible draft: They had the 8th pick, traded down for it and what do they do?, they draft another center when they already have that position filled. A center who, let's face it, everyone thinks is shit! Then they draft Richardson who is a below than average player and will likely fail to average above 10 minutes per game in his career should he move to another team. And then to top it off... they draft another center :crazy:

As for your last quote and sad attempt at sarcasm of "I guess the Kings are stuck with all those centers, they certainly can't trade one for a PG they like more than Wade Baldwin".
This is rating your DRAFT night, not what they do in trades or free agency. And your DRAFT night was abysmal.

Fact!
I could have been more of a homer if I said the Papa Johns pick was great and they had an A+ draft, instead I tried to keep the bias out. Maybe having them at B- instead of C+ or C was a homer grade, but it was not a horrible draft.

As for your opinions, I get the skepticism about taking Papa Johns. I'm not totally sold on him either, but he's definitely not shit. Richardson is better than below average, and you forgot to mention that the Kings moved an older SG's contract to get him which is a plus. Skal was projected to go in or near the lottery so getting him at 28 is good value. They had another pick in I.Cousins, who could turn into a solid bench player. You also ignored the SG they got from the Suns who should join the team next year. Maybe if you are gonna grade the DRAFT night, you could look at EVERYTHING the team did on DRAFT night. The fit might be bad, but the value they got for the 8th pick and an old SG was good.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give it a C+/B-

Turning the 8th pick into 3 first rounders was pretty dope. Getting a first round pick for Belinelli was incredible. Skal is a great pick at 28, he won't see much time this year which is fine but you have to take that potential at that juncture. Malachi Richardson is basically a Ben McLemore replacement as a backup 2, with room to grow. I really like his length for a SG, and he is good off the dribble and slashing already, something Ben still can't grasp. Papa John was apparently going to the Celtics at 16 if he was there, so the Kings HAD to take him, if you are one to believe that. Kosta Koufos is gone (trade), and Acy is actually gone (free agent), so there is a spot open for a backup big. Filling it with a massive dude who has a lot of talent is a good move. And he's only 18. Isaiah Cousins as the 59th pick, if he provides anything, it's gravy. Bogdan Bogdanovic is one of the higher ranked European players right now, coming over next year will be a nice bonus.

The Kings got a lot younger with this draft, and they also have a backup plan now if Boogie bolts in 2 years, or they have trade assets if he sticks around and these guys improve.

This is the first move of the offseason. I think KK and Ben are gone. Courtney Lee and Ryan Anderson are the big targets in free agency. Still don't know where they are going to go with PG, which is the reason I dock their draft grade down. Drafting Baldwin/Beasley/Jackson and adding a veteran PG like Lin or Williams would have made a lot of sense. As it is, I can only pray it's not Rondo.

I can dig your analysis

If KK and Ben are gone.. then this draft makes sense. My only gripe is Richardson. I believe Korkmaz has better potential and still think he should have been the choice.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram for Cousins?

I do that in heartbeat if I am Sacramento. No chance the Lakers offer that. Without considering the off court issues, Russell is not near the prospect Ingram is.
To be honest, I think the Lakers should wait like they did on Artest. Wait until Ingram and Russell and Randle are balling good