• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grade Your team's Draft

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs traded their #1 pick to Boston to clear cap room to sign LeBron.

I give their draft an A+++++++++++++++++

I like the Kid they drafted.

Little bowling ball to replace Delly.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Brandon Ingram offers the Lakers quite a lot of options on offense going forward. He's definitely an NBA ready player. Personally, I'd like for him to probably add about 10 more lbs. of muscle. It was a no brainer picking him at the 2nd spot, but the Lakers made out like bandits.
I agree and he said last night that he is going to work on it. The only thing is that some are saying that you want them to start out thin and light because that it is the new NBA. You don't want them to bulk up to much until they start to get a bit older and are going to slow down naturally. That's the way I understood it any way. The Lakers have now rebuilt their team through the draft in three years with three top three picks in a row. and they did pretty good in the second round as well. Many teams have spent twenty years trying to rebuild through the draft and are still shitty. Good luck on the Kevin Durant hunt by the way - I think he would be a great fit for Miami

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and he said last night that he is going to work on it. The only thing is that some are saying that you want them to start out thin and light because that it is the new NBA. You don't want them to bulk up to much until they start to get a bit older and are going to slow down naturally. That's the way I understood it any way. The Lakers have now rebuilt their team through the draft in three years with three top three picks in a row. and they did pretty good in the second round as well. Many teams have spent twenty years trying to rebuild through the draft and are still shitty. Good luck on the Kevin Durant hunt by the way - I think he would be a great fit for Miami

Yeah. You definitely don't want to gain too much weight at once. I think Ingram will have an adjustment period his first couple of years, like most rookies do. But I see him being a solid overall player.

I would love Durant to the Heat. I'm skeptical that he gives us a look, but a guy can dream. I think the Lakers are on the right track as I'd personally like to see Jeannie (spelling) take over for short buss. The Lakers look like they have a good core together with their 3 young picks. Now maturation and development need to kick in. Best thing for the Lakers would be being in the playoff race for the experience. Getting to the playoffs would be a huge boost for them and help the learning curve out.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. You definitely don't want to gain too much weight at once. I think Ingram will have an adjustment period his first couple of years, like most rookies do. But I see him being a solid overall player.

I would love Durant to the Heat. I'm skeptical that he gives us a look, but a guy can dream. I think the Lakers are on the right track as I'd personally like to see Jeannie (spelling) take over for short buss. The Lakers look like they have a good core together with their 3 young picks. Now maturation and development need to kick in. Best thing for the Lakers would be being in the playoff race for the experience. Getting to the playoffs would be a huge boost for them and help the learning curve out.

I would like to see two things

Jim Buss resign and turn it all over to Jeannie Buss

See Jeannie Buss naked

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers B:

I love Brice Johnson. Nice pick and pop backup for Blake. He's money out to 18 feet and can hit the boards. After 4 years in College, he's ready to play now. My only concern is he needs to eat all of Diamond Stones Cheeseburgers.

Diamond Stone scares me. He has a nice back to the basket game and great NBA size. But, he is one Fat Burgers binge away from going Oliver Miller. Doc did wonders working with DeAndre. This kid is already better than him offensively,. But, more importantly, shoots 76% from the line and could be a solid backup if he puts in the work.

The fake Tony Parker pick is absolutely baffling considering Jackson, Payton were still on the board.

I would have given them a B+ had we drafted Mccaw or remotely addressed the gapping hole in our roster at SF.

Maybe if Pierce retires, we can chase Bazemore. Oh, that's right, we have no money. Jeff Green it is.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers B:

I love Brice Johnson. Nice pick and pop backup for Blake. He's money out to 18 feet and can hit the boards. After 4 years in College, he's ready to play now. My only concern is he needs to eat all of Diamond Stones Cheeseburgers.

Diamond Stone scares me. He has a nice back to the basket game and great NBA size. But, he is one Fat Burgers binge away from going Oliver Miller. Doc did wonders working with DeAndre. This kid is already better than him offensively,. But, more importantly, shoots 76% from the line and could be a solid backup if he puts in the work.

The fake Tony Parker pick is absolutely baffling considering Jackson, Payton were still on the board.

I would have given them a B+ had we drafted Mccaw or remotely addressed the gapping hole in our roster at SF.

Maybe if Pierce retires, we can chase Bazemore. Oh, that's right, we have no money. Jeff Green it is.

Diamond Stone concerns me as well. That guy has potential bust written all over him. But love the Brice Johnson pick as well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamond Stone concerns me as well. That guy has potential bust written all over him. But love the Brice Johnson pick as well.

He could be the Center version of ZBo or he could be Oliver Miller.

I hope the Clippers take a look at Dorian Finney-Smith for Camp.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings: B-
13th overall: Georgios Papagiannis
22nd overall: Malachi Richardson
28th overall: Skal Labissiere
59th overall: Isaiah Cousins
Acquired Bogdan Bogdanovic via trade

-The Papa Johns pick really surprised me because they could have filled a position of need with Wade Baldwin, but they took a talented young center instead. If they move KK to make room for him on the roster, it saves some money which is a good thing. They could move D.Cousins but I doubt that happens before the season.
-I liked trading Marco for the 22nd pick and using it on a younger SG. Richardson has potential to be a nice shooter and he saves the Kings money they would have spent on an older SG who doesn't play defense.
-Skal at 28th was hard to pass up, it seemed like most mocks had him getting drafted near the end of the lottery. The talent and potential is there and the Kings need talent. If they had gotten Skal at 13 and Papa Johns at 28, it would have made more sense but the Kings didn't think Papa Johns would fall that far.
-I.Cousins at 59 could be an end of draft steal like the other Isaiah was 5 years ago. Even if that doesn't happen, it's the 2nd to last player taken so I'm not expecting big things from that draft pick anyway.
-Bogdanovic might not join the team until the 2017-2018 season, but from what I've read on him he sounds like the 3-and-D wing player the Kings have needed for a while.

If these were the final moves being made to the roster I'd change the grade to a C or D because we have one PG right now, but there's a lot of time between now and when the season begins. Moves will be made to balance out the roster, I'm really hoping bringing back Rondo is NOT one of them. This draft was more about taking talent and future potential with guys like Papa Johns, Skal, Richardson, and trading for Bogdan. Even if Papa Johns turns out to be good, I couldn't give an A grade because the Kings didn't draft a PG when they need one. I would have given an incomplete because it'll take a couple years before we know how good or bad this draft was, but you could do that for any team drafting.

I just can't give the Kings a B- .. just can't

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like a C - or a D + I have heard reports that other teams were trying to shut them out and refusing to trade or do anything to help them, so they might be having a hard time because of something we don't understand

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers: A
1st Round (2) - Brandon Ingram
2nd Round (32) - Ivica Zubac

This was about as easy of an A grade as you can get. Similar to my Gods of Rock Guitar class in college (UCSD no less)! No brainer at #2. Ingram fits perfectly with the young core already in place and may end up being the best of the bunch. Ingram was the player that new head coach Luke Walton.

Zubac was a nice surprise in the second round. Many mocks had him middle first round including Draft Express (#16). He reportedly fell to the second round because he refused to be a draft and stash player. As it looks, there were several draft and stashers in the first round leaving some solid talent available for the late first round/early second round picks. Zubac is tall, long, and strong and only 19 years old. He can play in the post, he can finish around the rim as a good pick and roll partner, he can pass the ball, he can run, and he can defend inside. I've heard Vlade Divac and Marc Gasol comparisons.

Mitch tried to buy another second round pick but was unsuccessful. That's the only failure of the draft for the Lakers.

:lol:

Ingram was a no-brainer in my mind, but Zubac was about as good as it gets where they drafted him...

trust, I think DEFINITELY did his due diligence...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the Knicks:

New York Knicks
: F
Round 1: N/A

Round 2: N/A

View attachment 130889
The Knicks should've had the No. 9 pick in the draft. However, they sent it to the Raptors as part of the awful Andrea Bargnani trade. We can't just let that go. (And they actually could've had the No. 7 pick for a chance at Jamal Murray, if not for the earlier trade in which they acquired Carmelo Anthony.)

Forfeiting the No. 9 pick cost them on the likes of Jakob Poeltl, Thon Maker, Malik Beasley and Denzel Valentine. Given the current state of the roster, that really, really hurts.

I still can't believe Maker went that high...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers B:

Yeah I was really surprised they went Big/Big in the draft. Considering they have Blake and Jordan locked in for multiple years, drafting two guys who top out as back-ups seems weird.

I thought they might have taken McCaw or maybe even Ulis with Austin River's situation uncertain too. Ulis would have been a really nice compliment to CP3 as a backup, IMO.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was really surprised they went Big/Big in the draft. Considering they have Blake and Jordan locked in for multiple years, drafting two guys who top out as back-ups seems weird.

I thought they might have taken McCaw or maybe even Ulis with Austin River's situation uncertain too. Ulis would have been a really nice compliment to CP3 as a backup, IMO.

I was okay with that because we had no depth and no money.

As crazy as it sounds, I think they intend to pay Austin and Jamal.

Probably Green too.

But, they knew Cole Aldrich was lost. He played great and will get a huge raise elsewhere.

So, Stone was a solid get as long as he stays away from the fast food.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phoenix Suns- A+

4) Dragan Bender-PF
8) Marquese Chriss-PF
34) Tyler Ulis- PG

We have zero PF's on our current roster and they were split between Bender and Chriss for weeks now, somehow landed both. The 28th pick was unnecessary with the three others we owned this year and all our future picks, Bogdanovic was expendable with Booker's emergence, so moving up 5 spots without giving up much was huge and came cheap.

I like Ulis's game too, he could make a solid backup PG… kid can flat out play. Him and Booker were teammates at Kentucky and are best friends too, so pretty cool they get reunited.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia 76ers:

#1. Ben Simmons
#24. Timothe Luwawu
#26. Furkan Korkmaz

Grade: A

Obviously getting Simmons is a huge get for the franchise. He's a difference maker IMO, something the Sixers haven't been able to draft(Maybe a healthy Embiid is). I really also like what they did with the two late first rounders. The Sixers are in dire need of wing players. If one of these guys pans out it'll be worth it. Luwawu may come over this year, I actually hope he does. Korkmaz could use another couple years overseas, which is fine with me. All in all a very solid draft for the Sixers IMO. We didn't get the PG of the future, but with Simmons' capability as a point forward, that position isn't quite as important, although we do need an upgrade over Ish Smith at some point.

Philly did what they were expected with Simmons.

I really like the Luwawu pick, huge value at 24 and Korkmaz is an interesting prospect as well. Now they need to find a way to add a guard or two.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to. Maybe I was a little kind with the grade, but I don't think it was a D or F draft. The biggest problem was they didn't draft a PG, but like I said the roster isn't a finished project. The Kings will make moves to get a PG and move a center. Trading Marco and getting a younger/cheaper SG in return was really good, and I liked getting 3 1st round players for Chriss even if I didn't totally agree with Papa Johns at 13.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a big man doesn't make a lot of sense unless they plan to trade Cousins.
Well they have KK also, no reason they can't move him and have the rookie big man take his spot in the rotation. I could see them trading Demarcus, but it's not the only move they can make.