• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodys 500 @ Martinsville

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here is my .02 Cents. I'm fine with what Matt did today. At Kansas Matt was leading the race and Joey wrecked him, today Joey was leading the race and Matt wrecked him. That is a fair trade, and don't give me that "this is different" BS. Both races the leader was taken out PERIOD… AS every racer knows it is easy to wreck the car in front of you, If you have to wreck the 1st place car to win a race, you shouldn't win. IMO But NASCAR rewards drivers for doing this all the time. All the tracks I have raced at if I spun someone out 1st place or 12th place it didn't matter I was going to the back of the pack. It is said these are the best drivers in the world, If they are that good they should be able to pass a car with out wrecking them..

NASCAR needs to be consistent here and do nothing here.
They did nothing when Gordon took Boyer out.
Years ago Rudd payed Sr back when he was lapping Rudd, And I think it cost Sr a championship. NASCAR did Nothing.

Today was just a favor being returned...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle calls Nascar out for their BS.

Kyle Busch says drivers involved impacts NASCAR penalties: Does the name of a driver or drivers involved have an impact on penalties issued by NASCAR? #18-Kyle Busch says it does. Busch believes NASCAR concerns itself more with the driver involved than the violation that occurred. Busch, who has had plenty of run-ins with NASCAR over on-track incidents in his career, was asked Sunday his opinion about Kenseth's actions toward Logano. "Did he do anything wrong? I don't know. Did he do anything right? I don't know," Busch said. "I think it all depends on whose name's above the door on whether or not you're allowed to do it." Busch said he wasn't sure NASCAR needed to necessarily curtail any of the actions taking place in recent races, but needed to enforce its rules consistently. "It's boys being boys right now. You got to be consistent. I definitely feel NASCAR is very consistent in being inconsistent on calls," he said. "I think it's 'BS.' "They better - I say 'They better', but they don't have to listen to me for squat. Really doesn't matter what I say." Asked on pit road after the race if he would be racing next week at Texas if he had done the same thing as Kenseth on Sunday, Busch simply said, "Nope."(Motorsport)(11-2-2015)

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think NASCAR got completely lucky last year with this new garbage format, in that the best driver of last season won the championship in Kevin Harvick. This year you are seeing the complete opposite of what can possibly happen during this format. Where a driver can be taken out of the title picture almost completely due to a grudge one way or another

They came one blown tire on last lap away from Ryan freaking Newman winning a championship as arguably the 12th best driver/car of 2014

you almost have to hope Logano finds a way to win Texas or Phoenix to kind of make this all go away

I'm still pulling for an instance one of these years where all 4 chasers at Homestead somehow end up in a wreck or engine failure and your champion is whatever team can fix their car faster and limp home with a title in 32nd place

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyle Busch says drivers involved impacts NASCAR penalties: Does the name of a driver or drivers involved have an impact on penalties issued by NASCAR? #18-Kyle Busch says it does. Busch believes NASCAR concerns itself more with the driver involved than the violation that occurred. Busch, who has had plenty of run-ins with NASCAR over on-track incidents in his career, was asked Sunday his opinion about Kenseth's actions toward Logano. "Did he do anything wrong? I don't know. Did he do anything right? I don't know," Busch said. "I think it all depends on whose name's above the door on whether or not you're allowed to do it." Busch said he wasn't sure NASCAR needed to necessarily curtail any of the actions taking place in recent races, but needed to enforce its rules consistently. "It's boys being boys right now. You got to be consistent. I definitely feel NASCAR is very consistent in being inconsistent on calls," he said. "I think it's 'BS.' "They better - I say 'They better', but they don't have to listen to me for squat. Really doesn't matter what I say." Asked on pit road after the race if he would be racing next week at Texas if he had done the same thing as Kenseth on Sunday, Busch simply said, "Nope."(Motorsport)(11-2-2015)

I do think there's some validity to that statement.

Kyle Busch was suspended for a Cup race for an incident that happened in the truck race a few years ago, and Harvick got the same treatment early in his career.

Jeff Gordon wasn't suspened in 2012, and it's doubtful Matt Kenseth will be for what happened yesterday.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood the Kyle penalty in the truck race, It happened under caution.

I can't remember all the details from a few years ago but, didn't Boyer get left out of the chase and Gordon got in because Boyer spun to cause a caution to help a team mate get in the chase. Like i said I don't remember every thing but, it seems to me Harvick did kinda the same thing last week when he wrecked half the field to preserve his spot in the chase.

It does mater who's Name is above the door, on what the penalty will be...

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood the Kyle penalty in the truck race, It happened under caution.

I can't remember all the details from a few years ago but, didn't Boyer get left out of the chase and Gordon got in because Boyer spun to cause a caution to help a team mate get in the chase. Like i said I don't remember every thing but, it seems to me Harvick did kinda the same thing last week when he wrecked half the field to preserve his spot in the chase.

It does mater who's Name is above the door, on what the penalty will be...

Jeff Gordon was upset at Clint Bowyer for basically all of 2012 after the Spring Martinsville race when Jeff and Jimmie stayed out on 100 lap tires and literally the rest of the field pitted and got fresh tires, Newman gave Bowyer a bump which forced him to take turn 1 too deep and force a three wide situation that sent Clint, Jeff and Jimmie into a spin.

Then fastward to the Fall Phoenix race, Jeff clearly comes down on clint, which cuts down Gordon's tire, which sends Gordon into the wall. Several laps later, Gordon running a much slower pace with the damage and many laps down let Bowyer go to the inside of him just to hook him head first into the outside wall and also collect Joey Logano and Aric Almirola.

I posted a video on page two of the incident.

Gordon was multiple laps down, Bowyer had a real shot at the championship. Kenseth was multiple laps down, Logano was probably the favorite to win the championship.

Gordon's punishment was probation, a fine and points docked, which will likely be similar to Kenseth's punishment.

And Clint Bowyer intentionally spun out to benefit his teammate, Martin Truex Jr, and NASCAR made the ridiculous call to add Gordon to the Chase and remove Truex, who had nothing to do with Bowyer and Michael Waltrip's call. But that had nothing to do with the Phoenix accident.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still plenty of Jeff Gordon haters here, I see.

You fail to realize that Jeff Gordon is the sole reason that Nascar is ever even discussed outside of the south.

He is arguably the most influential driver in Nascar history.

As for the big wreck? Kenseth and Logano happen to be two of the drivers who never would've existed had Gordon not paved the way first.

Let's be real here. Gordon has won far more races by outracing you than wrecking you or getting lucky.

I hope he does win the championship in his final season, even if it is dubbed "rigged." If anyone deserves it, it's him.

Give 'em hell, #24!! Forever a legend!!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You fail to realize that Jeff Gordon is the sole reason that Nascar is ever even discussed outside of the south.

As for the big wreck? Kenseth and Logano happen to be two of the drivers who never would've existed had Gordon not paved the way first.

Let's be real here. Gordon has won far more races by outracing you than wrecking you or getting lucky.

I hope he does win the championship in his final season, even if it is dubbed "rigged." If anyone deserves it, it's him.

I've met him and I thought he was a dickhead.

You'd have to be a fool not to recognize his influence and driving ability, but that doesn't me I have to like him, and it doesn't mean I can't hope he plows up the wall in each of the 3 remaining races.

I was a Dale Sr fan as a kid, when Dale died, I immediately became a Harvick fan. I've also liked Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd and just for the way he talked, Ward Burton.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ironic, because if I had to pick the biggest "dickheads" of Nascar's modern era (and I know I'm not alone in this), my list would start here:

1. Earnhardt
2. Stewart
3. Harvick

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met him and I thought he was a dickhead.

You'd have to be a fool not to recognize his influence and driving ability, but that doesn't me I have to like him, and it doesn't mean I can't hope he plows up the wall in each of the 3 remaining races.

I was a Dale Sr fan as a kid, when Dale died, I immediately became a Harvick fan. I've also liked Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd and just for the way he talked, Ward Burton.

They all are dick heads at the track for some reason, I am to when i'm racing just focused i guess. But have been around several of them away from the track and not in the spotlight most of them are great. Not Tony he is just a asshole.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all are dick heads at the track for some reason, I am to when i'm racing just focused i guess. But have been around several of them away from the track and not in the spotlight most of them are great. Not Tony he is just a asshole.

My experience with Tony Stewart was very pleasant. He was chatting with Dale Sr and both walked over to me and my grandpa and asked him "what the hell happened to you" because his arm was in a cast. They joked around for a bit, and both of them signed my hat. Similar experience with Ricky Rudd and Dale Jarrett.

Gordon was a snob.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope every chase contender gets wrecked out in every race.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know off the track is that Dale Jr is a pretty good guy and Martin Truex Jr is a crybaby.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My experience with Tony Stewart was very pleasant. He was chatting with Dale Sr and both walked over to me and my grandpa and asked him "what the hell happened to you" because his arm was in a cast. They joked around for a bit, and both of them signed my hat. Similar experience with Ricky Rudd and Dale Jarrett.

Gordon was a snob.

Every time i met Dale Sr. He was a total asshole. Most of the people in his hometown of Kannapolis will tell you he was a class A asshole most of the time. They revere the man for his accomplishments and putting Kannapolis on the map(NASCAR wise) but they will tell you that he was about 85% of the time an asshole.

I met Stewart when he was with JGR at the shop in NC and he was being a prick to his own team and got called on it by his crew chief. they had words and Stewart peeled out of the parking lot and sped down the parkway where the office is located.

I've met Gordon on many occasions and he is what you would expect of him. He can be a snob, he can also be a really great guy to hang around. On race days he is not that nice a guy and rightfully so. Very few drivers are nice guys on race days. You dont get as many Children's hospitals and give to as many charitable events as Gordon does and be a class A asshole all the time. There is lots of good in the man, yet you take one event in the entirety of his life and make out like that is him all the time, it simply is not true. You have the right to dislike him, but the constant yammering about it gets old.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time i met Dale Sr. He was a total asshole. Most of the people in his hometown of Kannapolis will tell you he was a class A asshole most of the time. They revere the man for his accomplishments and putting Kannapolis on the map(NASCAR wise) but they will tell you that he was about 85% of the time an asshole.

I met Stewart when he was with JGR at the shop in NC and he was being a prick to his own team and got called on it by his crew chief. they had words and Stewart peeled out of the parking lot and sped down the parkway where the office is located.

I've met Gordon on many occasions and he is what you would expect of him. He can be a snob, he can also be a really great guy to hang around. On race days he is not that nice a guy and rightfully so. Very few drivers are nice guys on race days. You dont get as many Children's hospitals and give to as many charitable events as Gordon does and be a class A asshole all the time. There is lots of good in the man, yet you take one event in the entirety of his life and make out like that is him all the time, it simply is not true. You have the right to dislike him, but the constant yammering about it gets old.

Sorry dude, I'll base my judgments on my personal experience. Could be that Dale was 48 years old when I met him and had simmered down a bit and Tony Stewart was 3 races into his sophomore season and hadn't got a big head yet, all I know is they were genuinely nice to me and my grandpa, and I still have their autograph on a hat.

Gordon acted like he was too good to be seen with us. I never liked him before, but I hated him after. It's not like I would have ever pulled for him anyways with him driving a rainbow car, being called the rainbow warrior and having the sissiest voice in the history of NASCAR, but he became public enemy number 1 after that.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give 'em hell, #24!! Forever a legend!!

But, basically what you are saying is, Jeff Gordon is the reason why Darlington only has one race and they don't even go to Rockingham any more?

Yeah, fuck him even more.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was in the 10-15 year old range (about 15-20 years ago), my dad and I would go to almost all of the race shops on Monday morning to score free sheet metal, tires and all kinds of stuff the teams were going to throw away anyway. If a driver raced Winston Cup from 1995-2000, I met them. With that said, the nicest ones were the Labonte brothers, and the biggest assholes were Earnhardt and Rusty. If you visited the Labonte's Busch race shop, they gave away Slim Jims in cases. They would sign anything and everything you wanted autographed. I visited RCR on a Monday after Earnhardt had won, he was sitting in one of the lounges, watching TV. I asked for his autograph, he totally ignored my dad and I, and kept watching TV.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have these guys becoming multi-millionaires, they are not going to give a hoot about a bunch of fans asking for autographs on their days off unless you are talking about the King, the Labontes, or Dale Earnhardt Jr. Junior is now worth $300 million. The King over $70 million.

Imagine how you'd react if you had all that cash and somebody would interrupt your private time just for an autograph. Think about it for a while before you respond. That is why Junior gets voted most likable driver every year because even with all that cash, he'll sign autographs and meet the fans just about any time he has available.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok here is my .02 Cents. I'm fine with what Matt did today. At Kansas Matt was leading the race and Joey wrecked him, today Joey was leading the race and Matt wrecked him. That is a fair trade, and don't give me that "this is different" BS. Both races the leader was taken out PERIOD… AS every racer knows it is easy to wreck the car in front of you, If you have to wreck the 1st place car to win a race, you shouldn't win. IMO But NASCAR rewards drivers for doing this all the time. All the tracks I have raced at if I spun someone out 1st place or 12th place it didn't matter I was going to the back of the pack. It is said these are the best drivers in the world, If they are that good they should be able to pass a car with out wrecking them..

NASCAR needs to be consistent here and do nothing here.
They did nothing when Gordon took Boyer out.
Years ago Rudd payed Sr back when he was lapping Rudd, And I think it cost Sr a championship. NASCAR did Nothing.

Today was just a favor being returned...

Totally agree.

This can be clearly seen in how fast they responded to Kenseth/Logano before the restart, versus a day in between before they talked about reviewing Patrick/Gilliland. If Kenseth was wrong, so was Gilliland. If Kenseth wasn't wrong, neither was Patrick for responding. The consistency here is lacking. I expect the same punishment for either Gilliland or Patrick if Kenseth receives a penalty.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

This can be clearly seen in how fast they responded to Kenseth/Logano before the restart, versus a day in between before they talked about reviewing Patrick/Gilliland. If Kenseth was wrong, so was Gilliland. If Kenseth wasn't wrong, neither was Patrick for responding. The consistency here is lacking. I expect the same punishment for either Gilliland or Patrick if Kenseth receives a penalty.
I disagree. Kenseth took the leader of the race out. Danica and Gilliland were 25-40th place cars.