• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodys 500 @ Martinsville

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a video, it's some guy filming his tv, but it's the best I could find.

That was a garbage move. Disappointed in Matt. So glad the driver I root for is one of the classiest in Nascar

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why I don't approve of Kenseth decision to wreck Logano is due to 2 reasons.

1) When Logano wrecked him at Kansas he still finished 14th which is a decent finish

2) He was not going to win that race even if Joey did not wreck him. He was bound to get pass on that lap or the following lap

I saw the Kansas incident as racing hard for the win. Kenseth blocked, Logano gave him a little tap, Keneth did a slide.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Kansas incident as racing hard for the win. Kenseth blocked, Logano gave him a little tap, Keneth did a slide.

I agree for the most part. He could have avoided it but it was a racing deal. He wasn't intentionally trying to wreck Kenseth. He just wanted another win. My only issue was that Logano clearly had the better car in Kansas and he had about 5 or 6 more laps to pass Kenseth so he did not have to that there.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvick snook in 7th, not bad, thought he was running 11th.

Logano, Keselowski and Kurt Busch all have big holes to dig out of.

Edwards isn't in great shape either, but much more manageable.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll share childhood memories whenever I want to.

Notice, I didn't defend his statement about Harvick being a dickhead, because for all I know, he is, he just happened to be the guy that took over for Dale Sr and thus I became a fan.

That is the response of a child. Figures.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the response of a child. Figures.

Don't see how, but whatever. I guess you're just upset about the two negative ratings I gave when you said you hoped my favorite driver was you know, intentionally wrecked, something you've been very outspoken against.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mistook my satire and sarcasm in that post and started throwing dislike ratings around. Perhaps it would be helpful next time to fully understand the intent of a given post before you react.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to see any Nascar personality say what Kenseth did was ok. I get the feeling that Kenseth will receive some kind of penalty.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvick snook in 7th, not bad, thought he was running 11th.

Logano, Keselowski and Kurt Busch all have big holes to dig out of.

Edwards isn't in great shape either, but much more manageable.

8th, not 7th.

I'll still take the top 10 given how snakebit Harvick has been at Martinsville since his win in 2011.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've yet to see any Nascar personality say what Kenseth did was ok. I get the feeling that Kenseth will receive some kind of penalty.

If the Gordon incident with Bowyer in 2012 set any precedent, he'll be put on probation until the end of the season, fined and have points docked, but no suspension.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me what happened at Kansas was Kenseth kept blocking Logano (fenced him twice) and as they raced Logano got into Kenseth. Blocking is fine but the person blocking has to realize there is a risk in it.

This time however was straight BS on Kenseth's part. I doubt NASCAR will do anything but if I were in charge Kenseth would be watching next week's race from home.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Gordon incident with Bowyer in 2012 set any precedent, he'll be put on probation until the end of the season, fined and have points docked, but no suspension.
I think we're past that. Bowyer/Gordon was a hard racing incident. What Kenseth did today to Logano was in another league.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're past that. Bowyer/Gordon was a hard racing incident. What Kenseth did today to Logano was in another league.

I think you need to watch the video on the previous page if you think it was a hard racing accident. There are actually a lot of parallels.

Gordon was laps down, Bowyer wasn't running in the lead, but solidly in the top 10 and very much alive for the championship, Bowyer went to pass on the apron, Gordon, hooked him hood first into the outside wall, also collecting Logano and Almirola.

Gordon and Bowyer had made contact a few laps earlier that had cut Gordon's tire down.

I'm actually surprised at how civil the pit crews were today, I was almost certain there was gonna be at least a pushing match, that may save Kenseth a bit as well.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I posted videos of the last 3 high profile, blatant intentional wrecks in NASCAR on the last page.

IMO, the Kyle Busch running Ron Hornaday in the wall at Texas was by far the worst of the three, and that did result in a suspension from a Cup race, but that was also in 2009(I think) and the precedent has changed.

I thought what Gordon did to Bowyer was worse than what Kenseth did to Logano, for the simple fact that Gordon hooked Bowyer head first into the outside wall.

We'll see, but I'd be shocked if Kenseth got more than probation, a fine and points docked.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any sympathy for Logano. Here's the thing, people argue, well Kenseth/Logano were racing for the lead in this one instance... where Logano is the trailer and spins Kenseth out. No foul? Why? Because, only in Nascar is it ok to wreck the guy in front of you for a spot, in every other motor sport, you have to take that spot legit? That's the reasoning? So, you argue he 'still placed 14th' in that race... well Kenseth can argue it affected his Chase standing and rightly so. Don't let the format fool you. In the first couple of rounds, sure a Win is huge, but points are just as important, as Truex can attest to nearly winning the championship without a win, just racing for points, like ol' Mark Martin used to.

In this round, there's 3 races, yet four drivers make it to the "Homestead round". So, someone is able to easily get into the "championship" at Homestead on points alone at this stage. There's also no guarantee that a Chase driver will win either of the three tracks and if such were to be the case, guess what, 2-3 drivers are getting in on points. This is why IMHO this format sucks. Ok so you complain that the season may end with little excitement because the old format might have a clear points winner by this stage. Well then the other side complains that people that ran good all year long to earn a position in the chase then don't run good for a few weeks are just out of it, as if the rest of the year meant nothing is just as valid.

So, Kenseth has a point. He was wrecked from behind, even if it's clear Logano could've passed him eventually, he didn't, he wrecked him. Well, I can totally see where in his eyes, he figures it's "the same thing" here, even if he's no longer racing for the championship or even the race win, you couldn't say that when the issue that took place; in his eyes Kansas reduced his chances if not helped to eliminate them played just as much a part, whether he was racing for the lead in this race is immaterial to HIM. I can see that point of view. Do I agree with it? Not really, but then I don't agree with Nascar's wishy washy way of saying this is allowed but this isn't. Maybe they need a wider track so people aren't funneled into one good line on the track while every other loses position? Maybe they need a better rules package on the cars so there's more passing to be done than there actually is now? Maybe they need to be a bit more stern about wrecking people when you have other options available? Why is it ok for people that are completely out of the chase to race Chasers hard in this race, being on the outside where you're at a disadvantage? Why is it ok to race hard to prevent from being put a lap down when they're not racing for a championship? Kenseth wrecked Logano I have no doubt, but to act is as if they needed to be mirror situations is naive. As far as Kenseth was concerned, he didn't get the same benefit that Logano did get. Then, you have also have NBCSN announcers saying "... and the crowd cheers" as Logano gets wrecked. Why? Maybe because they feel comeuppance is comeuppance? Is the entirety of the crowd wrong to have cheered? Maybe, but it's clear that they felt their was just-due coming and when it was delivered they sure seemed to express their agreement.

I think the one thing I agree with on Kenseth's part is he FORCED Nascar to think about it, even if thinking is only going to serve to give them a headache and nothing more.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any sympathy for Logano. Here's the thing, people argue, well Kenseth/Logano were racing for the lead in this one instance... where Logano is the trailer and spins Kenseth out. No foul? Why? Because, only in Nascar is it ok to wreck the guy in front of you for a spot, in every other motor sport, you have to take that spot legit? That's the reasoning? So, you argue he 'still placed 14th' in that race... well Kenseth can argue it affected his Chase standing and rightly so. Don't let the format fool you. In the first couple of rounds, sure a Win is huge, but points are just as important, as Truex can attest to nearly winning the championship without a win, just racing for points, like ol' Mark Martin used to.

In this round, there's 3 races, yet four drivers make it to the "Homestead round". So, someone is able to easily get into the "championship" at Homestead on points alone at this stage. There's also no guarantee that a Chase driver will win either of the three tracks and if such were to be the case, guess what, 2-3 drivers are getting in on points. This is why IMHO this format sucks. Ok so you complain that the season may end with little excitement because the old format might have a clear points winner by this stage. Well then the other side complains that people that ran good all year long to earn a position in the chase then don't run good for a few weeks are just out of it, as if the rest of the year meant nothing is just as valid.

So, Kenseth has a point. He was wrecked from behind, even if it's clear Logano could've passed him eventually, he didn't, he wrecked him. Well, I can totally see where in his eyes, he figures it's "the same thing" here, even if he's no longer racing for the championship or even the race win, you couldn't say that when the issue that took place; in his eyes Kansas reduced his chances if not helped to eliminate them played just as much a part, whether he was racing for the lead in this race is immaterial to HIM. I can see that point of view. Do I agree with it? Not really, but then I don't agree with Nascar's wishy washy way of saying this is allowed but this isn't. Maybe they need a wider track so people aren't funneled into one good line on the track while every other loses position? Maybe they need a better rules package on the cars so there's more passing to be done than there actually is now? Maybe they need to be a bit more stern about wrecking people when you have other options available? Why is it ok for people that are completely out of the chase to race Chasers hard in this race, being on the outside where you're at a disadvantage? Why is it ok to race hard to prevent from being put a lap down when they're not racing for a championship? Kenseth wrecked Logano I have no doubt, but to act is as if they needed to be mirror situations is naive. As far as Kenseth was concerned, he didn't get the same benefit that Logano did get. Then, you have also have NBCSN announcers saying "... and the crowd cheers" as Logano gets wrecked. Why? Maybe because they feel comeuppance is comeuppance? Is the entirety of the crowd wrong to have cheered? Maybe, but it's clear that they felt their was just-due coming and when it was delivered they sure seemed to express their agreement.

I think the one thing I agree with on Kenseth's part is he FORCED Nascar to think about it, even if thinking is only going to serve to give them a headache and nothing more.

So, you were outraged last week at Harvick, but have no issue with Kenseth, who was many laps down due to an earlier crash blatantly taking out the race leader, and driving him into the wall?

Makes sense.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR big wigs have said they were very disappointed with Kenseth's actions, and any punishments will be handed out Tuesday per the norm.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Logano-Kenseth incident kind of took away from Danica's bit of road rage against David Gilliland earlier in the race. She drove him into the wall, and spun her self, giving her the worst end of it, then waited on Gilliland to come back around and hit him again, and then tried to catchup to him again, but her car was too wounded.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it on Youtube. That was some straight garbage by Kenseth. More typical bullshit that NASCAR keeps allowing. Even if they suspend him for a race, who the fuck cares? Their retarded point system makes it so that it's not really much of a fine. Sit him for the rest of the season, place him on probation to start next season, and in the offseason do away with this Chase garbage and pretend it never happened

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keselowski got loose on a starr and took out himself, Kenseth and Kurt. Kenseth went to garage and fixed car. Logano came around to lap Kenseth, and Kenseth didn't try to even stop and drove straight through Logano.

Honestly it was hard racing but it was Kurt who pushed Keselowski's rear and got him loose.