• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodys 500 @ Martinsville

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're free to disagree all you like. I see it as tit for tat. You want to use this "well he's in the lead" ideal as if it has anything to do with it. If as a governing body you allow it in one case; because it didn't affect the leader and possible eventual winner, versus, well they were racing for 30th... that's where the inconsistency is. It's either allowed or it isn't. This shouldn't be like trying to win an eraser at Steve Martin's guess your weight booth in The Jerk. If wrecking from behind is allowed, then it's allowed no matter what place you're in. Why is it ok for 1-2 to fight it out but if it's 1-42 fighting that's all of a sudden a no-go? Why is it that Nascar is one of the few racing governing bodies that allows overtaking for position to be achieved by wrecking the guy in front of you? Why isn't this the case in nearly every other motor sport? Maybe because it's not seen as good racing, fair racing? Anyone can put their nose into the back half of the car ahead of them, but actually getting around them without putting them into the wall or a spin isn't as easy.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ironic, because if I had to pick the biggest "dickheads" of Nascar's modern era (and I know I'm not alone in this), my list would start here:

1. Earnhardt
2. Stewart
3. Harvick

Eh, so be it. I've met two of the 3 and they were nice guys, and I doubt you'll find many with as big of a heart as Stewart.

If I were to rank the top 3 assholes of the modern era, mine would be:

1. Jimmy Spencer(I like him as a tv personality, but he was just a loud mouth lard ass, and his driving couldn't cash the checks his mouth would write)
2. Sterling Marlin(I also met him that day, but I never really considered him relevant enough to hold a grudge, but I've heard from many that he is one of the least pleasant people to be around)
3. Kurt Busch(I like him since he his Harvick's teammate and I'm obligated to, but his deal with Jimmy Spencer and the way he burned bridges with 2 of the top teams, and I've heard he's far less approachable than Kyle)

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenseth was suspended two races and placed on 6 months probation.

I call BS. They set the precedent when Gordon wrecked Bowyer at Phoenix in 2012.

And even Kyle Busch, who's incident with Ron Hornaday was much worse than both only got him a 1 race suspension.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T'was funny listening to Brad on Race Hub. He says Nascar is sending the message that it's not ok to intentionally take out a chase driver. This is the reasoning between the difference in penalties for Kenseth and Patrick. Yet, nothing is said of Logano taking out Kenseth in Kansas. I guess that wasn't intentional.

The radios for the drivers told much of the story in my view. Hamlin talked about a driver's code, of policing their own. Now many of them feel that the notion of driver policing is being taken away. Knaus joked about Kenseth gaining so many new fans at Martinsville. The gist I got from the radios was that no one was surprised Kenseth took Logano out.

So, the message I got was, it's ok to wreck someone for the first 20-odd races until the chase. Once the chase starts then it's not ok. It's ok for a non-chaser to wreck a non-chaser because the penalties are much less severe and it doesn't have anything to do with winning the championship so it means less and thus the penalties are less. I actually don't understand this message at all, but this is what I deciphered. Nascar's inconsistency is their problem. Two sets of rules is a joke. It should be consistent from 1-43. But that might lead to less passing if a driver has to take the lead without causing the car in front of him/her to wreck/crash/spin. This makes for some boring races which is what they seemed to want to change by going to this format to begin with. I think they're just making it worse, not better.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time i met Dale Sr. He was a total asshole. Most of the people in his hometown of Kannapolis will tell you he was a class A asshole most of the time. They revere the man for his accomplishments and putting Kannapolis on the map(NASCAR wise) but they will tell you that he was about 85% of the time an asshole.

I met Stewart when he was with JGR at the shop in NC and he was being a prick to his own team and got called on it by his crew chief. they had words and Stewart peeled out of the parking lot and sped down the parkway where the office is located.

I've met Gordon on many occasions and he is what you would expect of him. He can be a snob, he can also be a really great guy to hang around. On race days he is not that nice a guy and rightfully so. Very few drivers are nice guys on race days. You dont get as many Children's hospitals and give to as many charitable events as Gordon does and be a class A asshole all the time. There is lots of good in the man, yet you take one event in the entirety of his life and make out like that is him all the time, it simply is not true. You have the right to dislike him, but the constant yammering about it gets old.

This is so true. 1970s till the mid80ish Earnhardt was one of the biggest assholes in sports. He didn't give a damn about anyone. Despite his talent, very few would actually work with him because he was a first class pain in the ass to deal with. He didn't really mellow out until he married Teresa. I guess she "tamed him" or he finally grew up or probably both.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kenseth would have did a dump and run on Logano, I wouldn't have had a problem with it, as that is essentially what happened at Kansas. What Kenseth did was in another realm, and then the spineless bastard lied about it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ricky craven is such a tool.....really defending kenseth

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what day of the week it is, any of these guys might be friendly to you or they might come off as an asshole. If you hang around any of them enough you see different sides to them based on what else is happening.

One of the few guys that was consistently a nice guy all the time was Bill Elliot.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ricky craven is such a tool.....really defending kenseth

You don't know shit about drivers apparently.

Every single one of them, including Logano, would have done the same thing.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what day of the week it is, any of these guys might be friendly to you or they might come off as an asshole. If you hang around any of them enough you see different sides to them based on what else is happening.

One of the few guys that was consistently a nice guy all the time was Bill Elliot.

I live about 10 miles outside of Dawsonville. You won't find many locals other than the owner of the Dawsonville Pool Room who feel the same. He screwed over a lot of people around Dawson county.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earnhardt Sr. was notorious for wrecking guys to either gain position or win. He took out Terry Labonte at Bristol for the win and Rusty Wallace often got that too. Never got penalized. NASCAR has always played favorites and their policies are definitely not consistent dating back quite a ways.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earnhardt Sr. was notorious for wrecking guys to either gain position or win. He took out Terry Labonte at Bristol for the win and Rusty Wallace often got that too. Never got penalized. NASCAR has always played favorites and their policies are definitely not consistent dating back quite a ways.
I agree that Nascar has played favorites in the past, but in this instance, I don't feel they air. Kenseth is much more popular among the fans than Logano is.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live about 10 miles outside of Dawsonville. You won't find many locals other than the owner of the Dawsonville Pool Room who feel the same. He screwed over a lot of people around Dawson county.

Well, that's all of them, then!

Prophets are without honor in their own town. That's basically the point I was trying to make, the more you hang around a person, the more you see all sides of their personality, the good and the bad.

Neil Bonnet was a great guy until you pissed him off.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know shit about drivers apparently.

Every single one of them, including Logano, would have done the same thing.

Dale Jr would have not done that BS. Kenseth is on crack if he think he did not make the chase because Logano wrecked him and he finished 14th at Kansas (which was actually his best finish in that round). Wreck or not he was not going to win at Kansas. Joey clearly was going to win that race which means Kenseth still would have needed to win to make the chase even if he finished 2nd at Kansas. Maybe if he did not finish 42nd at Charlotte and 26th at Dega........Maybe he would have made the next round

He needs to take responsibility for his shitty finishes at Charlotte and Dega which are the actual reasons he got eliminated

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met him and I thought he was a dickhead.

You'd have to be a fool not to recognize his influence and driving ability, but that doesn't me I have to like him, and it doesn't mean I can't hope he plows up the wall in each of the 3 remaining races.

I was a Dale Sr fan as a kid, when Dale died, I immediately became a Harvick fan. I've also liked Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd and just for the way he talked, Ward Burton.
7af645bc3525a83c2c8f485f587634fb7e97b4620a4d6bd538f51667a923f14d.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dale Jr would have not done that BS. Kenseth is on crack if he think he did not make the chase because Logano wrecked him and he finished 14th at Kansas (which was actually his best finish in that round). Wreck or not he was not going to win at Kansas. Joey clearly was going to win that race which means Kenseth still would have needed to win to make the chase even if he finished 2nd at Kansas. Maybe if he did not finish 42nd at Charlotte and 26th at Dega........Maybe he would have made the next round

He needs to take responsibility for his shitty finishes at Charlotte and Dega which are the actual reasons he got eliminated

Dale Earnhardt Jr.: 'I ain't going to argue with what Matt did'

“I ain’t going to argue with what Matt did,” Dale Earnhardt Jr. said. “Matt felt like he was justified with how Joey wrecked him at Kansas and then was arrogant about it afterward. That was really what got under Matt’s skin more than anything – how Joey was arrogant about it. When you damn wreck a guy, admit it, you know?”

Jr is a cool dude I've said many times from racing with him, but I never seen anyone disrespect him the way Joey did Kenseth. Actual racing incidents like that make the guilty driver feel like shit.

If Joey was going to win it, then why didn't he do it without wrecking him? Obviously Joey did not agree. And that kind of speaks towards the rest of your non-sense as well. Why did Joey need to win so bad?

Say what you want about Kyle Busch, but he seems to find a way to race people clean even despite his reputation. There are just a few who can't seem to manage it, and they've gotten away with it too damn often. So I 100% support what Kenseth did.