• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell's doing great; stop whining

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thank you for proving my point so succinctly.

You're welcome. But that is a 100% informed opinion. I know just as much about that case as you do.

People who risk other people's lives for the sake of fun deserve a bullet in their skulls.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I followed the Jolly case, and it was still enough drugs to distribute to a bunch of people. The difference bewteen you and me is that I don't have any sympathy for him.

Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about and are trying to justify your ignorant comments.

"Jolly was indicted for the second time by a Harris County (Texas) grand jury Tuesday for possessing 200-400 grams of codeine. It is a second-degree felony that carries a sentence of between two and 20 years if convicted.

Jolly was arrested July 8, 2008 after police officers smelled codeine in a soda bottle and two cups in his car."

200 grams was the weight of the entire cup full of gatorade, which contained a few teaspoons of cough syrup. Felony time!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about and are trying to justify your ignorant comments.

"Jolly was arrested July 8, 2008 after police officers smelled codeine in a soda bottle and two cups in his car."

There was a very long thread about this when it happened. He had enough to justify the charges. It doesn't matter if he was just gonna share with people at a party or sell it; it was enough to get him 6 years in prison. And he has nobody to blame but himself.

And he would've been hanged in a lot of counties.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
People who risk other people's lives for the sake of fun deserve a bullet in their skulls.

Sheesh......now you're bordering on caricature. Going well beyond proving my point into a cartoonish law and order freak.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
it was enough to get him 6 years in prison.

LOL again.....the six years in prison was for a more recent probation violation. We are talking about the initial arrest that got him banned from the NFL. You're obviously just now trying to read up on this, pretending you've been following it, and are failing miserably.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sheesh......now you're bordering on caricature. Going well beyond proving my point into a cartoonish law and order freak.

Looks like we couldn't be any further apart on this one.

...by the way, I did get a good line out of Stallworth watching a Ravens game one time. He caught a pass & broke a tackle, and I was rooting for the Ravens & yelled, "Yeah! Run him over!"

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank you for deescalating this......I will obviously just get more and more worked up when the discussion goes political.

I have to say that this one:

Ok, you just HAVE to be left of Lennon

Freaked me out for a second, because unless you know something I don't know.....that was an ironic mistake - my last name is Lennon. I almost didn't want to say anything for privacy's sake, but we're all friends here and that was too funny.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. If I were calling the shots, I don't really know how I could have possibly made everyone happy and not gotten fired. Maybe you have higher expectations than I do, but I'd accept "average at best" as a reasonable opinion.

As an employer, I do expect my leaders to be above average bc the tone they set permeates downward. If you are a poor communicator, there will be a trickle down effect that allows poor communication to become acceptable. As someone calling the shots, it isn't about making everyone happy, it's about making sure everyone understands what is being done and why.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
LOL again.....the six years in prison was for a more recent probation violation. We are talking about the initial arrest that got him banned from the NFL. You're obviously just now trying to read up on this, pretending you've been following it, and are failing miserably.

Y'know, I did follow the initial arrest. There was a very long thread about it when it happend. But I didn't follow it all the way to the sentencing. I just heard he got 6 years in prison; I didn't know that was for violating probation.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, no big deal obviously. I must have been pissed off about something yesterday, the harsh language is unnecessary on my part.