• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good News Seahawks Fan!

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ConcreteDisguisedHyracotherium.webp

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually good news for the rest of us too!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, saw that and gave a cheer. The dogs think I lost my mind but that's okay. Looking to either promote Dline coach Clint Hurtt ( not a terrible idea but not sure) or possibly going after Broncos former DC Ed Donatell. I kind of like the latter. Denvers D has been solid and he likely learned a lot from Fangio.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, saw that and gave a cheer. The dogs think I lost my mind but that's okay. Looking to either promote Dline coach Clint Hurtt ( not a terrible idea but not sure) or possibly going after Broncos former DC Ed Donatell. I kind of like the latter. Denvers D has been solid and he likely learned a lot from Fangio.

Why not just try to hire Fangio? Donatell likely follows Fangio where he goes anyway. He was part of his staff in SF and Chicago as well as being his DC in Denver.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just try to hire Fangio? Donatell likely follows Fangio where he goes anyway. He was part of his staff in SF and Chicago.
I'd be okay with hiring Fangio as DC but he doesn't seem to be throwing his hat into the ring for that. I don't care for Vic as HC material but he may be leaning that way. Not sure if he gets a gig but you may be right about Donatell going where Vic goes. On the other hand, he may want to go away from Vic to show people he can do it without Fangio so he can boost his resume.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, this does very little for me. It's still Pete's defense and always has been and whoever is hired will just be a body to mimic what he wants

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, this does very little for me. It's still Pete's defense and always has been and whoever is hired will just be a body to mimic what he wants

I think it helped Seattle started playing more inept teams towards the second half, but I wouldn't be surprised (especially with Wilson out or trying to recover) if Pete stepped in to a higher degree and took over some of the playcalling. The secondary started to play better (that's zero shock as Carroll is arguably one of the best secondary head coaches in NFL history) and pass rush picked up a bit more.

And of course him needing to step in at a higher degree to actually try and somewhat save the season or avoid being the worst defense let alone one of the worst defenses in NFL history (Seattle was actually on pace early on). Seattle has continually gotten worse EACH year under Norton Jr. when you look at yards and points allowed. And yards allowed is very relevant. I hate when people only analyze points allowed and say, "Seattle's a great D this year!" No... when you're letting up a lot of yards that means the opponent is on the field a LOT and your offense is not getting many opportunities or in a rhythm. The number of LOOOONG drives and huge 3rd and long conversions Seattle let up this year was staggering. Seattle was dead last in TOP ranking this year. The defense could not get off the field.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with hiring Fangio as DC but he doesn't seem to be throwing his hat into the ring for that. I don't care for Vic as HC material but he may be leaning that way. Not sure if he gets a gig but you may be right about Donatell going where Vic goes. On the other hand, he may want to go away from Vic to show people he can do it without Fangio so he can boost his resume.
Fangio Seahawks 200_d.gif

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks certainly like to tease their fans. This move should have happened last Monday. I don't hate Norton Jr., but someone had to go. He was the most obvious candidate and by far the most expendable.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he is gone. The horrible starts the last 2 years, both followed by significant improvement at the end of the year was both baffling and unacceptable.

Now the question is (as some here have already indicated) how much was Norton responsible for that, and how much was PC's fault. I guess we may finally get an answer to that question next year?

Weird choices:
*Carlos Dunlap: the team's best DE was on limited snaps for most of the year, then he started having a big impact when he did get to play more. Why wasn't he used more often earlier in the year when the D was struggling?
*If you accept the strategy of Dunlap given very limited snaps early, then explain why they got rid of KJ Wright and then played Bobby Wagner essentially 100% of the snaps until he was injured in the last 2 games.
*They also seem to have no clue about how they should use Jamal Adams in an effective manner.

Quite possibly the 3 best players on the defense, and the coaching staff doesn't seem to have a consistent method of using any of them.

Bye-bye Ken!
Season 1 Paolo GIF by Friends

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio did great in SF. I was worried when he left.

But then we had the next big HC hire in Salah.

Salah did great in SF. I was worried when he left.

But then we had the next big HC hire in Ryans.

Was the Niner defense good because of Fangio, or was Fangio good because of the Niner defense?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3