• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Games This Week

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of those weeks where there are some very interesting matchups between good teams that are playoff contenders. This is where we get to see how these teams stack up against each other. Some teams will further cement their playoff hopes, while others will get bumped out of the mix. Here is a list of the top games (IMO) for the week:

Pittsburgh at Cincinatti

Cincinatti has a game and a half lead on the Ravens, Steelers, and Browns currently. That's a nice lead with 4 games to go, but far from a lock, especially if they allow Pittsburgh to come into their house and steal a win this week. The Steelers have been playing better of late, and could definitely pull off the win, but I'll take Cincy in this one.

Baltimore at Miami

Both teams are 7-5, with Miami currently in the 6th-seed spot and Baltimore on the outside looking in. The Dolphins have been a surprise so far this season, while the Ravens have been flying a little under the radar (IMO). I think the Ravens are a little better and will pull off the win in Miami, bumping the Dolphins out of, and pulling themselves closer to, playoff status.

Buffalo at Denver

Buffalo is another team tied with 6th-seed Miami, but currently in the 8th spot, behind KC. That have a tough task of trying to beat the Broncos at Mile High, while the Broncos are starting to heat up. If they pull off the upset, they take a big step toward getting into playoff contention, but if they lose there just may be too much competition in the AFC for those Wild Card spots.

Kansas City at Arizona

Kansas City is currently just out of the playoffs, in the 7th spot and tied with Miami, while Arizona is in position for the #1 seed. Amazingly, the Cardinals could miss the playoffs, and the Chiefs have a good shot of making it in. This game is big for both teams. With Carson Palmer out, I will lean towards KC in this one.

Seattle at Philadelphia

Philly is currently the 3-seed, and Seattle is the 6-seed. This is a battle of two very good NFC teams and should be very interesting to see what happens on the field. Seattle needs this one a little bit more, but it's in Philly. This one is a coin-flip game for me. Should be a good one.

New England at San Diego

This game has HUGE implications for the Broncos. (Let's go Chargers, lol.) New England currently owns HFA with the #1 seed, and the Chargers are in the 5th-seed spot, with a legit chance to obtain HFA before it's all said and done. Unbelievable. If the Chargers pull this one out, my overriding sentiment is, "Do we really have to deal with the Chargers being this good, again?" Jeezus. But if the Patriots win, we can pretty much kiss HFA goodbye. Huge game. I will lean to the Patriots in this one, mostly because of Belichick and Brady. This is a monster game though.

What a slate of games for this weekend. I just may have to go out to watch these at a bar so I can soak it all in. This will be a great football weekend. Go Broncos!!

:suds::clap2::yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It truly is a great time for football right now! Heck even the Indy @ Cleveland game has some major playoff implications. Who would have thought Cleveland would still be playing for the playoffs at this time. Plus for Indy a win keeps them in the running for one of the top seeds while a loss pretty much guarantees they are out of the running for that.

The Green Bay/Atlanta game as well with 2 division leaders facing off. Throw in Atlanta is actually starting to play some decent football with going 3-1 in November. Still weird to me to think of Atlanta winning the division with a losing record.

Really there are only a handful of bad games this week.

As for the games you have listed here are my picks in those ones...

Pittsburgh beating Cincinnati--Pittsburgh has owned the Bengals even on the road over the last 5 years. For some reason Big Ben seems to really elevate his game against the division.

Miami over Baltimore--It seems like Miami is very up and down this year. They had a down week last week against the Jets so I have them on the upswing especially with the Ravens missing Ngata in this one opening up the run game a bit.

Denver over Buffalo--Home game for the Broncos. Need I say much more? I just think we are clicking especially on offense at the right time and I don't see them offensively do much against our defense.

KC over Arizona--This was a tough one to pick. Both teams are trending the wrong way. Not sure what to think for this one but going with the better quarterback situation.

Seattle at Philly--This is one of those games it could get interesting real quick. I have Philly winning by 10. I know Seattle hasn't lost by that much in a long time but I do think Philly will find success. I also think Philly's defense will force Wilson into 2 picks opening this one wide open.

San Diego over NE--this might be more just hoping but I do think San Diego is a good match up for NE. Weddle is one of the few that can actually match up with Gronk and do well in my opinion. I also think with Matthews back at RB San Diego's offense can score with the best of them.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to mention those other two games as well, but I think that Green Bay and Indy are both too good for Atlanta and Cleveland. Atlanta will still be in the playoff hunt with a loss, but I think Cleveland just has too many teams ahead of them right now, even at 7-5 and tied with Miami. If they lose, they are essentially done. If they win, they will still need a lot of help to get in.

The NFC South is just ugly. Ugh.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree those two teams will be overwhelmed but hey I will say I could see Hoyer go out and have a great game playing for his starting job. Some players really raise their game in those kind of situations where others crumble. I more see him crumbling but hey the guy could surprise us.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of hope Hoyer has a bad game. I'm ready to see Johnny Boy. I don't know if he will be a quality NFL QB, but I want to find out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it just doesn't make sense to not start him right now. Hoyer is up for a contract after the season. You already know what you have in him and whether you should extend him or not. In next year's draft they have 2 1st round picks and a couple of quarterbacks that should get 1st round grades. I would say they need to see if Manziel can show he can even remotely look like a starting quarterback in this league. he doesn't have to light the NFL on fire or anything but just be half way competent. Otherwise if I am Cleveland I am taking a quarterback in this upcoming draft. I agree with you in I just don't see Cleveland actually competing for the playoffs. They have had a great run up to this point and honestly I do think they have a great team with a very strong defense when guys are healthy and an OL, young set of RB's, and decent WR core (when Gordon isn't suspended). So really they are just missing the quarterback at this point from being a possible 10-12 win type team.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it just doesn't make sense to not start him right now. Hoyer is up for a contract after the season. You already know what you have in him and whether you should extend him or not. In next year's draft they have 2 1st round picks and a couple of quarterbacks that should get 1st round grades. I would say they need to see if Manziel can show he can even remotely look like a starting quarterback in this league. he doesn't have to light the NFL on fire or anything but just be half way competent. Otherwise if I am Cleveland I am taking a quarterback in this upcoming draft. I agree with you in I just don't see Cleveland actually competing for the playoffs. They have had a great run up to this point and honestly I do think they have a great team with a very strong defense when guys are healthy and an OL, young set of RB's, and decent WR core (when Gordon isn't suspended). So really they are just missing the quarterback at this point from being a possible 10-12 win type team.
Kind of a catch 22 for me. Hoyer got them in position to have shot at playoffs and I think having Gordon back has actually hurt him . Pressure to get him ball ( 29 targets in 2 gms ) chemistry, and terrible route running by Josh is causing issues. You start Hoyer, if he fails miserably early next game bring in Johnny and then ride him the rest of the way. Bummer for Cleveland though. as their going to find out that Hoyer is twice the qb Johnny will ever be and in 2016 they'll be drafting another qb in earl rd again.