• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good can come from the losses to OU and AU

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this while it is fresh in my mind. Last night and the Iron bowl maybe exactly what Saban needed to motivate future teams. Think about this, the last time we got embarrassed in a bowl game (vs Utah) we went on to have one of the most historic runs in CFB history. I'm not saying it will happen again, but Saban can use this all offseason and next season to motivate the team and show them that this is what happens when you slack off. And maybe the players will buy into it, maybe they won't.

I'd also like to say Doug Nussmeir needs to have a come-to-Jesus meeting and figure out that this team succeeds by running the ball and using play-action. He tried to play OU's (and the Big 12's for that matter) brand of football last night and it cost us some points.

The loss last night might just be what was needed for the future of the program. I don't see us going anywhere. I think these 2 losses will be used as lessons by Saban to perfect the process.

Roll Tide

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the post game interview AJ mentioned people who were selfish in the program. So I hope they get that shit worked out. I believe it too with all the suspensions and other crap that happened this year.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the post game interview AJ mentioned people who were selfish in the program. So I hope they get that shit worked out. I believe it too with all the suspensions and other crap that happened this year.

I agree. AJ also took the blame for this game, can't put it all on him. I will say when he got protection he held on to the ball too long, but we threw way too much and became predictable. We need a Cam Cameron-esque hire/offense. Something with a little innovation while protecting and running the ball which is what we do best. I really do think though Saban will use this season for years to come to show the players what can happen.