• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going to the spread has been a disaster.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever since going to the spread my whole perception of Wolverin football has changed. I used to think of them as tough but ever since Denard has been QB I think of them as soft. In fact our entire conference has went to crap because of the spread. Who says u need the spread to win? How many titles has the spread won? We used to resemble Stanford kinda and look what they did to Oregon. This is smash-mouth football country and that's the kinda kids we produce.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, when rich rod arrived he tried to destroy what Michigan football is all about. ''Winning'' Nothing against Hoke but he's gotta move on. M has to go back to pro style passing. Back in the 70's M ran the ball all the time and the qb's didn't throw so well. Dennis Franklin was alright as a passer, Rick Leach couldn't throw worth a dam. That was the 70's . It's 2013, close to 2014. M needs a new coach, another overhaul to the offense cant hurt Michigan, and their D really needs help too.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point being that going to the spread would have been a 5 year process.. It could have possibly been successfully eventually but it was going to take too long.. Another thing that was noticed, was the level of recruits Rich Rod was getting just wasn't up to par at all... He just wasn't what people expected.. Urban Meyer is an example of a spread HC that can also recruit..

ficoho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because football hasn't changed at all in the last 30 years.