• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward. Things to root for!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just beat the Beavs and Cougs. Finish strong. Even if the best we can do is the cactus bowl, win it. Would prefer that than the LV bowl. More hardware for the trophy case is always welcome.

Will be good for recruiting.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. For sure.

Prior to last week I expected another routing over the beavs. Now...I just don't know...

Need it though. Need a win here and against the Cougs. A nice matchup in the bowl (if we qualify) would be good as well, if we win or at least show decently.

Gimme ND, Texas or another high profile team where we'd be the underDAWG, with a UW victory and the season will still end decently.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I'm at a point where I don't really care because they only have lower teams left and already blew every chance at a signature win, but I'm not that down on the program in general.

Not sure I'm rooting for Pease to leave. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if Smith left, but who the hell is calling on him with what he has done here? Outside of that I'm willing to give this staff their chance to prove they belong.

I'll say again that having your QB and star RB leave the program after last year, starting off with only 1 upper class man in your secondary, losing your best receiver before the season to being an idiot, losing one of your top athletes off the team going into the home stretch, having your QB sit out all of spring and the first game, and having this coaching staff try to take over a group of kids they just aren't gelling with was a hell of a tall task to really compete well this season.

If Sark was still here I'd bet the farm they would have been at least 8-3 right now, and probably 9-2. Why? Because Sark wouldn't have lost stringfellow. He'd have had a slap on the wrist. Wouldn't have let Peters go and likely because Peters probably wouldn't have rebelled as much against his staff. Miles would have been in the same system and probably wouldn't have missed spring. The kids would have been able to build on what they knew instead of learning everything over all spring.

This is what it is. Transitions suck. Petersen can still set the record for wins in a transition season. Neuheisel and Lambright both won 7 games in their first seasons here and no other coach has had that many. That includes bowl games. In fact only Neuheisel took UW to a bowl game in his first season.

The season sucks because they missed so many opportunities. They really let the Stanford and Arizona games slip by them. And their brand of sloppy and unbearable offense just makes you want to puke to watch. Easily my least favorite offense to watch in my lifetime.

Still, I haven't lost faith in this coaching staff. Even if they blew the last game. They will have their chance to get their kids in and show us progress. Build on this season and rebuild this offense in the off season. Show us you can reload on defense and not have a drop off after all of the kids that will be leaving this year. Yes, I'm as frustrated as anyone and I'm not happy with this staff this year, but I'm fine with them moving forward.

Patience my friends. Patience.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be okay. Win today, next week, and a bowl game. Too much is put on the whole signature win thing. It would've been nice, but we don't need to completely write off the season without it.

We should be used to it anyway. Excluding a couple big wins spread through his five years, Sark's teams started to become pretty notorious for winning the games they should, and getting shit on by top 20 teams.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A decent win today. Still sloppy, but we pummeled a team we were supposed to beat. Hard to ask for much more. Another win against the Cougs and we will have momentum going into the bowl, and next year. A relatively soft OOC schedule for next year should put us in good position for another bowl, which is something to look forward to.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't get a sig W for this season. But push comes to shove, we beat the teams we should have, but didn't beat any teams ranked higher than us.

It wasn't a season were we took some big step forward, but we didn't take some massive step back either.

There is a lot to do this offseason to stay a ranked team next year in the ultra competive PAC. But we finish 9-5 with a bowl win, I'm not going obsess over the negatives of the past year. Past couple games, we started getting glimpses of some of those fresh and Sophs who can be ballers in 2015, 16, etc...

Nice strong finish that gets the '15 class cracking the top 30 is what I want to see as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies are bowl eligible for the 5th year in a row now. Yes, it's to be expected that we should always be there, but still, considering the darkness of the Hedges / Coach who shall not be named times, we got plenty of our mojo back.

Future very bright and believe Petersen is the right guy to get us to the Rose Bowl.

Go Dawgs!!! :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see Washington carry more of the offense, this kid is "finally" figured out to lower his shoulder and get that extra yards, that to me is the important part moving forward for this offense next season....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see Washington carry more of the offense, this kid is "finally" figured out to lower his shoulder and get that extra yards, that to me is the important part moving forward for this offense next season....

If this offense has Miles at the helm next season there is zero chance they improve.

I hope he transfers really. He's not what I want out of a UW QB. Not his character or play on the field. He's not a leader hasn't done anything to win back fans after his bullshit following the SB last year.

I don't recall disliking a UW QB as much as I do him at any time in my life. Well outside of Hobert of course.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think there was a clash with the prototype QBs Sark runs with, than Petersen. Looking at that draft class, it looked great on paper with both Miles and Lindquist coming in as athletic mobile 4 star guys. We looked at Price's physicality limitations with his knees and thin frame, and figured they would be the next step.

Both ended up not living up to it at all. Miles is not the answer for what Petersen expects from a QB.

We got Samuels redshirted and Browning coming in early. Miles could end up transferring out, but that creates depth and experince issues. Williams is another Sark guy. Could be a non factor next year.

That's going to be one of the prime stories going into 2015 for the Dawgs. QB.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can root for the offensive staff to break up, but that seems highly unlikely now. After two straight games of producing enough on the offense to win (Zona was on the coaches, not that offense) and seeing Miles make some steps forward in improving, not only is Smith probably safe (FML), but Miles is almost certain to be the starter next year as well :-)gaah:).

Huskies’ Cyler Miles credits teammates for increased consistency and confidence | Husky Football | The Seattle Times

UW ended up 10th in the conference in offense and yet we are all but guaranteed to have the same staff and same QB to open next season. The small steps over the last two games could be enough to derail this team for another entire season because of it. :tsk: