• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goff Finally Starting

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think this makes a Rams receiver fantasy start worthy? He might favor Britt or quick and toss all of his TDs that way.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but who is he going to pass the ball to?

I would certainly hope they get Higbee more involved, as he was his favorite target in camp and his roommate. Britt has been fairly effective this year, and I'm hoping Cooper continues to get worked into the offense. Austin can't be an every down WR as a gadget player; he either has to man up and go over the middle or come out of the game. I expect Cooper to take over in the slot eventually, leaving Austin as a gadget player (and an expensive one).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

By the numbers the Rams are still in the playoff picture if we're getting technical, but they have scored 139 pts...to put that into perspective...CLE has scored 175...not all of it is on Keenum, but 9 games is enough of a sample to say we need to try something different.

I put an awful lot of it on Keenum (and the play-calling). Keenum doesn't scare ANYONE and whether he's checking down or they're just not running deeper routes, he's not moving the safeties out of the box enough. That clogs everything up for the o-line, who can't keep 8 guys off of Gurley.

Keenum rarely hits a player in stride either. He seems to only throw stop routes, which kills the opportunity for YAC. Hopefully Goff will elevate the passing game enough to open things up for Gurley and better balance this offense. I don't expect quick or drastic changes, but hopefully taking steps in the right direction each week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put an awful lot of it on Keenum (and the play-calling). Keenum doesn't scare ANYONE and whether he's checking down or they're just not running deeper routes, he's not moving the safeties out of the box enough. That clogs everything up for the o-line, who can't keep 8 guys off of Gurley.

Keenum rarely hits a player in stride either. He seems to only throw stop routes, which kills the opportunity for YAC. Hopefully Goff will elevate the passing game enough to open things up for Gurley and better balance this offense. I don't expect quick or drastic changes, but hopefully taking steps in the right direction each week.

Keenum is a stopgap QB, I think everyone realized that sometime ago. He was just the best the Rams could trot out there...he got 9 games this year before handing over the torch...that's about 3 more than I was expecting.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predicted both Goff/Wentz to be terrible QBs.

So far I'm right with Wentz. Your 100+ QB rating games were against Pitts/Cleveland at home and Detroit. WAY TO GO CHAMP!

Goff will be the second coming of Bradford (injury mania) without the actual talent.

Wentz is a good QB that has shit WR's. Not his fault they drop easy passes or can't complete running a route. Plus the o-line kind of fell apart when Lane Johnson got susp. Get him some wr's that can play and a solid RB and I think he will be a very good pro.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is a good QB that has shit WR's. Not his fault they drop easy passes or can't complete running a route. Plus the o-line kind of fell apart when Lane Johnson got susp. Get him some wr's that can play and a solid RB and I think he will be a very good pro.

Exactly. The guy is as poised and mature as it gets for someone his age.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot which ESPN commentor said this but he wasn't putting the blame on Fisher per sey but he did say he was "caving" under pressure to start Goff. He also made a good point that the Rams themselves aren't good and even putting Goff in wouldn't help. Also, they weren't putting him in the "best scenario" to win based upon the upcoming schedule.