• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Skins! (for 1 week only)

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George Allen put the rivalry on the map....no question. Dallas was already a national draw by taking the Packers to the wire for the first two Super Bowls. Dallas and Cleveland was a huge deal throughout the mid to late 60's with classic playoff battles for 4 years. Allen knew Dallas was an NFL powerhouse and was obsessed with all that was Dallas and mostly Tom Landry. The word jealous just doesn't do it justice. Obsessed does. I've found that the large majority of redskin fans today still adhere to that thinking. Dallas is the topic for Washington regardless the year 99% of the time Dallas has been in the league. What does Washington really have besides Dallas? No Green Bay, no Pittsburgh and no San Francisco. Even after the last 15 years....the darkest in the storied franchise's history.... Who remains the benchmark for all other NFC East teams year in and year out? Sorry.....Dallas came into the league and within 4 years became the bigger NFC east story and it's still true after all these years.

:suds:

I'll admit I dislike Washington the most now that Ryan is outta philly. The redskin fans are as obnoxious as the Dallas fans when their team does well. I laugh at redskin fans that think otherwise about that.

No doubt PDay, Coach Allen was a big part of the rivalry with Dallas. But, "obsessed"?

George Allen had a career record against Landry, and the Boys of 11-7...Who do you really think was "obsessed"...Landry or Allen? Please.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt PDay, Coach Allen was a big part of the rivalry with Dallas. But, "obsessed"?

George Allen had a career record against Landry, and the Boys of 11-7...Who do you really think was "obsessed"...Landry or Allen? Please.

7 years as Washington's head coach
split the first 6 years and Dallas sweep in 77
throw in the championship game win and 7-8 would be the record against Landry while at washington
During that time span...Allen was 2-5 in the playoffs and Landry won two SB's. Now....allen knew Dallas was king and his mind games became legendary. That's obsessed but how the hell would you know?

try to keep up or maybe just read the thread. Your obsession with me is tiresome

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitzi, you can argue the semantics, but Allen's behavior during those years would definitly be labeled as excessive in it focus by pretty much everyone in regards to Landry in particular and the cowboys in general. Maybe you could argue it was mind games and seeking a competitive advantage, but some of his antics could easily be labeled by people, particularly boys fans, as 'obsessive'.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 years as Washington's head coach
split the first 6 years and Dallas sweep in 77
throw in the championship game win and 7-8 would be the record against Landry while at washington
During that time span...Allen was 2-5 in the playoffs and Landry won two SB's. Now....allen knew Dallas was king and his mind games became legendary. That's obsessed but how the hell would you know?

try to keep up or maybe just read the thread. Your obsession with me is tiresome

My bad, he was 10-7. I guess you don't count his 3-0 record as Rams HC against Landry. He was 2-5 in the playoffs, yes, but 1-0 against Landry as the Redskins HC.

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitzi, you can argue the semantics, but Allen's behavior during those years would definitly be labeled as excessive in it focus by pretty much everyone in regards to Landry in particular and the cowboys in general. Maybe you could argue it was mind games and seeking a competitive advantage, but some of his antics could easily be labeled by people, particularly boys fans, as 'obsessive'.

No doubt about it. Hell, if Allen had the talent on his Redskins teams that Landry did in those years...what kind of record do you think he would have had against Landry's Boys?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be one game I really enjoy watching. I have no dog in the fight and happy with either losing. I'll hope skins win, but won't ruin my day if they lose.

And Eagle fans are only more bearable because there are only like 3 on this whole site :)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Eagle fans are only more bearable because there are only like 3 on this whole site :)

:lol: I was actually going to mention that in my initial post to Earl. Can't annoy if you're not around, after all.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where you live Ford. Eagle fans are the absolute worst! Fifty times worse than star lovers.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on where you live Ford. Eagle fans are the absolute worst! Fifty times worse than star lovers.

Back on ESPN I'd agree. Here, I never see em and when they start acting up you can remind them of all the trophies the NFCEast has won...well most of us.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of keyboard warrior trolls, I saw all fan bases represented at ESPN. Some trolls were damn funny, but when you can no longer discuss football, it became pointless to go there.

In terms of face to face, Eagles fans can be really loud and belligerent, in person. So can Gnats fans. Product of Jersey and NY culture maybe? Idk? Just my personal experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, he was 10-7. I guess you don't count his 3-0 record as Rams HC against Landry. He was 2-5 in the playoffs, yes, but 1-0 against Landry as the Redskins HC.

You abuse yourself. Allen played Landry TWO times while the coach of the rams.
1967 - Allen teams lost one game that year and beat dallas in week 3. They got blown out by GB 28-7 and the next week Dallas lost 21-17 in the Ice Bowl
1969 - Allen beat Dallas 10-0

now 7-8 in Washington and 2-0 in LA = 9-8

argue the semantics you say Cali? Shoot, musicman is obsessed with being wrong.
Poster Child Redskin wanna be
Onward Musicman :lol:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt about it. Hell, if Allen had the talent on his Redskins teams that Landry did in those years...what kind of record do you think he would have had against Landry's Boys?

hey dipshit....Allen NEVER had a losing record, his problem sure wasn't talent. He just couldn't get over the playoff hump while Landry was pretty good.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of keyboard warrior trolls, I saw all fan bases represented at ESPN. Some trolls were damn funny, but when you can no longer discuss football, it became pointless to go there.

In terms of face to face, Eagles fans can be really loud and belligerent, in person. So can Gnats fans. Product of Jersey and NY culture maybe? Idk? Just my personal experience.

100% agree that in person Giant and Eagle fans are worse than Skin fans in person. But when it come to trolls on the boards (both the mouse and here) Skin fans have the childish behavior down pat. I can imagine Skin fans feel the same with our Dallas trolls. I have no problem with you and Kevin, it's the misty's who give you a bad name. Truth is if when ever you or Kevin throw a small dart it doesn't bother me because you post a whole hell of a lot more decent stuff than any trollish crap.

I'm still hoping for a Eagles/Redskin tie

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree that in person Giant and Eagle fans are worse than Skin fans in person. But when it come to trolls on the boards (both the mouse and here) Skin fans have the childish behavior down pat. I can imagine Skin fans feel the same with our Dallas trolls. I have no problem with you and Kevin, it's the misty's who give you a bad name. Truth is if when ever you or Kevin throw a small dart it doesn't bother me because you post a whole hell of a lot more decent stuff than any trollish crap.

I'm still hoping for a Eagles/Redskin tie

Thanks Manster:suds:

In terms of trolls online, what bugs me the most is arrogance. Not talking about excitement or heat of the moment posting and smack talk, but consistent arrogant posting. Lends credence to being just a delusional fan with no depth. That goes double, if it is a skins fan. Gives a bad rap to the rest of us.

Also, trolls who glory in injuries on other teams. That I just do not get. It isn't clever and is actually rather alarming.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Manster:suds:

In terms of trolls online, what bugs me the most is arrogance. Not talking about excitement or heat of the moment posting and smack talk, but consistent arrogant posting. Lends credence to being just a delusional fan with no depth. That goes double, if it is a skins fan. Gives a bad rap to the rest of us.

Also, trolls who glory in injuries on other teams. That I just do not get. It isn't clever and is actually rather alarming.

Now I feel as you are talking about me. I have made a few comments about RG3's knees. However I have never wish any harm on the guy. Truth is I hope he gets healthy and walks away from the game today.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I feel as you are talking about me. I have made a few comments about RG3's knees. However I have never wish any harm on the guy. Truth is I hope he gets healthy and walks away from the game today.

I'm not referring to you at all. Never crossed my mind. I know you have made a comment or two, but it's always been in response to a poster making a dallas bashing comment to incense. This I understand. It has obviously never been about wishing injury on Griff for you.

Not judging at all. It's just a type of post that I choose not to make. I'm just not one who gets pleasure out of other teams injuries. In fact, I'd rather beat teams with all their star players in and not have any debate as to who the better team is, or who 'gave or took' the game away as a result.

Cheers.

Glorying in an injury is very different from not being displeased if a star player is missing when your team meets them, IMO. Still, I'd rather a team be complete when competing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not referring to you at all. Never crossed my mind. I know you have made a comment or two, but it's always been in response to a poster making a dallas bashing comment to incense. This I understand. It has obviously never been about wishing injury on Griff for you.

Not judging at all. It's just a type of post that I choose not to make. I'm just not one who gets pleasure out of other teams injuries. In fact, I'd rather beat teams with all their star players in and not have any debate as to who the better team is, or who 'gave or took' the game away as a result.

Cheers.

Glorying in an injury is very different from not being displeased if a star player is missing when your team meets them, IMO. Still, I'd rather a team be complete when competing.

I never thought you were referring to me. Was just trying to be a little funny. I guess funny doesn't always show itself in print.