• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me the BEST 16 teams in the country

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody notify me when Cuse actually wins a game in vs a decent opponent's house. They're looking to be in the same situation OSU was in until they started facing real competition.

laughable that you say this when @ VA is your only tough road game. is that even a hard place to play? must be a hard place for a team to score 50 points...

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I am sorry you won @ power house green bay. Never mind my previous statement, how dare i. GB has played such a tough schedule that I shouldn't dare consider them a shit team either

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Wisky's defense (I don't know, I'm bored), UVA is still better than anyone Cuse has played on the road, by quite a bit.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Wisky's defense (I don't know, I'm bored), UVA is still better than anyone Cuse has played on the road, by quite a bit.

UVA lost by 35 points at tennessee...let's not give them too much credit. that doesn't happen to good teams

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but let's just say that hypothetically, it was a bad matchup. Regardless, it's still better than having only played St. Johns, VT, and BC. Seriously, none of those teams even have 10 wins yet.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patience....it will all come in good time. :nod:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody notify me when Cuse actually wins a game in vs a decent opponent's house. They're looking to be in the same situation OSU was in until they started facing real competition.

Agreed, but let's just say that hypothetically, it was a bad matchup. Regardless, it's still better than having only played St. Johns, VT, and BC. Seriously, none of those teams even have 10 wins yet.

Don't get too bugged out over this. The tournament is played on neutral courts. And SU has played good teams in a neutral setting.

The rest of the year...other than the @ Pitt game, it all looks soft. But getting through the season grind is bound to catch every team this year. And if it does, even going into the tournament with 2, 3 or 4 losses, a team like SU (good guards and lots of bodies to throw at the baseline) will be very dangerous from any seed in the tournament.

Break the soft schedule down anyway you like. SU is still a good team. :whistle:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get too bugged out over this. The tournament is played on neutral courts. And SU has played good teams in a neutral setting.

The rest of the year...other than the @ Pitt game, it all looks soft. But getting through the season grind is bound to catch every team this year. And if it does, even going into the tournament with 2, 3 or 4 losses, a team like SU (good guards and lots of bodies to throw at the baseline) will be very dangerous from any seed in the tournament.

Break the soft schedule down anyway you like. SU is still a good team. :whistle:

Agreed. Hey jonvi, do you think Wiscey matches pup well against the 'Cuse? I'm thinking they might, with all their shooters including a 7'0 shooter. I think they might match up against you better than we would. That being said I think we are a nightmare matchup for Wiskey

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Hey jonvi, do you think Wiscey matches pup well against the 'Cuse? I'm thinking they might, with all their shooters including a 7'0 shooter. I think they might match up against you better than we would. That being said I think we are a nightmare matchup for Wiskey

I like this SU team. I don't think any team is a bad match up for SU. But you can look at SU and know they can be beat...we are all waiting for it to happen.

If we are talking size match ups, I think UK is the worst team for SU. They are just big and thick everywhere. But they are young, so the zone may just mess their mind up bad. Hard for me to say about how any of the top 10 will fair against each other. Wisconsin is good this year. Zona, Mi State, KU won big tonight. Others like SDSU and Wi St.

I think the year's gonna be interesting.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laughable that you say this when @ VA is your only tough road game. is that even a hard place to play? must be a hard place for a team to score 50 points...

UVA is a superior victory to any current Cuse win in somebody else's home court. Duke squeaked away with an extremely fortunate bounce on a 3 pointer (7 feet off the deflection in the air) to and a miss would've been their demise. Now seeing them struggle and being beaten by the bottom of the ACC is extremely revealing. They will still do exceedingly well in the 5th best conference and likely finish with the 1rst or second best record. If they can win @ Nova that would be the best road win in my book.

Regarding the remark to discredit the UVA win, this win came just after people were questioning if UW has sacrificed solid defense for offense. Well we proved we can win an old fashioned grind out game with stifling defense and allowing UVA to score a meager 38 points. From start to finish this game was controlled by UW. Is this the best win @ an opponents house (even top 5)? The answer from anyone on these boards would be an unequivocal no. However, UVA is a top 20 RPI team (upset that they could've been a top 15 team with a win tonight) and it still remains as a solid road win.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience....it will all come in good time. :nod:

Yet they still remain unproven until that time. Also, they have struggled on the road not really demonstrating the potential to accumulate adequate road wins.. They will have 4 chances vs solid competition on the road this year and if they go 3-1 in these games it would be an impressive feat.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AZ struggles vs slow down tempo games vs tough defenses. However, they have the obvious advantage in rebounding which is our most apparent weakness that could prevent us from making a deep run in the tournament. I have just caught glimpses of Cuse this year so I cannot make my assessment on a future match up.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they still remain unproven until that time. Also, they have struggled on the road not really demonstrating the potential to accumulate adequate road wins.. They will have 4 chances vs solid competition on the road this year and if they go 3-1 in these games it would be an impressive feat.

Road wins are fine. Just a reminder....The NCAA tournament is played on neutral courts where SU already has established a decent record.....with a shiny Maui tournament trophy in the case. They've already performed an "impressive feat".

You can keep writing SU is untested. That does not make it fact.

And on the B1G....All last year I listened to how great the B10 was. SU played purdy well against em in the tournament. SU's gonna be in the tournament this year. Untested or not.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I agree with the assessment that Wisconsin matches up well with Cuse. I think there ability to shoot from all spots makes them a good team against that zone.

Arizona I think would have a decided edge vs Wisconsin though.

And Cuse vs Zona would be a dog fight.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I agree with the assessment that Wisconsin matches up well with Cuse. I think there ability to shoot from all spots makes them a good team against that zone.

Arizona I think would have a decided edge vs Wisconsin though.

And Cuse vs Zona would be a dog fight.

Individual match up's make a big difference don't they hockey.

To the bold, could be. For sure if they play, there are no secrets on how SU will set up on the defensive side of the ball. :nod: You know the zone is coming. If Wisconsin can consistently beat the SU zone, they will win the game.

Most teams end up with long droughts.