• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giguere just needs to keep his mouth shut

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JS Giguere: "Some guys care more about their trip to Vegas at the end of the season than playing the games"

Another ugly goal against tonight and he continually rips teammates. Time to retire.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's doing a great job helping his team tank with his crappy play...

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iirc sob has been tweeting about that season ending vegas trip

Maybe giggy is asschapped that he didnt get an invite :noidea:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Giguere:

I had to google who you were playing for this year. So...can it.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be stated once again - Thanks Greg Sherman for matching Feaster's offer sheet on ROR.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be stated once again - Thanks Greg Sherman for matching Feaster's offer sheet on ROR.

ror-lol-face-meme-.jpg

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, without knowing the entire situation I have no problem with what he said. If I knew more about what is going on with that team, I may be more inclined to support his comment or I may be more inclined to object to it. As it is, I'm pretty much indifferent. Based on what little information that is available, I don't think it is entirely out of the realm of possibility that his comments could be justified. The Avs have some talent on that team and should probably be higher in the standings than they are. Not saying they should be at the top of the standings but perhaps not at the bottom if there was a bit more effort.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or perhaps this is all part of an act to hide the fact that the Avs are intentionally tanking to improve their odds of drafting local boy Seth Jones. :D

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he's got a gambling problem and the hot's for Waynes wife and didn't want to take the chance of seeing her there. He should have let it ride kept his mouth shut and pushed away from the situation. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Giggy's tirade:

“I don’t know what it is. I’ve been around for 15 years in this league and I don’t know what it is. I don’t know why we seem like we don’t care at points. I don’t know, I don’t know we seem like, you know — some guys are fighting to show that they belong in the NHL, some guys are fighting for contracts. And it’s just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. It’s not how you’re going to win any games in this league. I mean, this is a team (Calgary) that we can beat if we set our minds to it, and every day is the same story. I don’t know what to say. I’m beyond words right now.”

“But that was just one game. It’s easy to get going when you play a team that is going to embarrass you if you don’t play well. You’ve got to play like this against every team in this league. There’s not one easy game in this league, so you’ve got to play hard and you’ve got to play well every night. You’ve got to find a way to get yourself motivated and focused. It has nothing to do with who you’re playing. It’s about how you prepare yourself and how you approach the game. It’s not about which team you’re playing. Yeah, everybody’s going to get motivated when you play the Hawks. I mean, the building is full and that’s easy to do. But can you get yourself going when you play the Calgary Flames? Can you do that right now? And obviously, we’re too immature to do that.”

Jean-Sebastien Giguere rips Colorado Avalanche players in postgame tirade

Seems to me there is just no leadership on that team. A lot of responsibility for such a young captain

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More from Giggy's tirade:

“I don’t know what it is. I’ve been around for 15 years in this league and I don’t know what it is. I don’t know why we seem like we don’t care at points. I don’t know, I don’t know we seem like, you know — some guys are fighting to show that they belong in the NHL, some guys are fighting for contracts. And it’s just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. It’s not how you’re going to win any games in this league. I mean, this is a team (Calgary) that we can beat if we set our minds to it, and every day is the same story. I don’t know what to say. I’m beyond words right now.”

“But that was just one game. It’s easy to get going when you play a team that is going to embarrass you if you don’t play well. You’ve got to play like this against every team in this league. There’s not one easy game in this league, so you’ve got to play hard and you’ve got to play well every night. You’ve got to find a way to get yourself motivated and focused. It has nothing to do with who you’re playing. It’s about how you prepare yourself and how you approach the game. It’s not about which team you’re playing. Yeah, everybody’s going to get motivated when you play the Hawks. I mean, the building is full and that’s easy to do. But can you get yourself going when you play the Calgary Flames? Can you do that right now? And obviously, we’re too immature to do that.”

Jean-Sebastien Giguere rips Colorado Avalanche players in postgame tirade

Seems to me there is just no leadership on that team. A lot of responsibility for such a young captain

You are? Damn, good thing you don't feel like rambling on there J.S.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that was a big mistake (i.e. giving the 'C' to Landeskog). Fine young player, but let him get his feet wet in the NHL for at least three seasons before giving him the captaincy.

They should have fired Sacco last season (there was plenty of rumblings to that effect), but they didn't and you see the results this year. They're just playing out the string and not listening to whatever Sacco is trying to sell, he'll be turfed during the off-season and I doubt he ever gets a NHL head coaching job again.

They also need to sack Sherman, hard to believe there is a worst GM in the league than him and that's pretty funny, considering Feaster and Lowebellini are currently in the same division.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let the ass kissing begin

Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN 15m
@rayferrarotsn J.S. Giguere is a great pro, and the last Hartford Whaler playing in the NHL. #brassbonanza #puckythewhale

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let the ass kissing begin

Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN 15m
@rayferrarotsn J.S. Giguere is a great pro, and the last Hartford Whaler playing in the NHL. #brassbonanza #puckythewhale

Hmmm, and here I always thought great pros kept things "in the room" and didn't throw their teammates under the bus (especially a pro who is clearly in the twilight of his career). Put it this way, Kipper had had plenty of nights where his teammates failed to show up and do you know how many times he's gone on a rant like that? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with zero.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, and here I always thought great pros kept things "in the room" and didn't throw their teammates under the bus (especially a pro who is clearly in the twilight of his career). Put it this way, Kipper had had plenty of nights where his teammates failed to show up and do you know how many times he's gone on a rant like that? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with zero.

If Luongo did that they would roast him.
If Thomas did that they would roast him.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he just talk himself off the team?

@coreypronman: COL recalled goaltender Sami Aittokallio from the AHL.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he just talk himself off the team?

@coreypronman: COL recalled goaltender Sami Aittokallio from the AHL.

Damn, I just had a 80's Pekka Retakallio (sp?) flashback

/Edit: lol not even close (Rautakallio)

Last edited by a moderator: