• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Giants vs Cowboys WK 1

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys defense man handled Giants all game... they looked elite.

7 sacks, 10 TFL, 5 forced fumbles (recovered only 1), 2 interceptions and a TD and add huge special teams play for a TD.

Next week NYJ at home... if Jets OL is as bad as Giants Packers very well could have 2nd round draft pick for Rodgers trade (65% of snaps to be a 1st)... unsure if Rodgers can take the battering Jones did.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys defense man handled Giants all game... they looked elite.

7 sacks, 10 TFL, 5 forced fumbles (recovered only 1), 2 interceptions and a TD and add huge special teams play for a TD.

Next week NYJ at home... if Jets OL is as bad as Giants Packers very well could have 2nd round draft pick for Rodgers trade (65% of snaps to be a 1st)... unsure if Rodgers can take the battering Jones did.

Oh he'll play well over 65% of snaps.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants RT is a turnstile.
And the LT was playing with a bad hamstring and eventually left the game. Still…that’s not going to get better for the Giants. They have no offensive line depth. It’s only one game but they look to be in real trouble if they can’t block better than that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the giants just looked like they did,nt belong on the field with dallas lat night,they embarassed themselves badly after starting out moving the ball in the 1st series decently.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw The Towel GIF

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't look at me, I didn't have the gmen in second place.

Dallas will come back to earth next week. Rodgers always kick their collective asses.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't look at me, I didn't have the gmen in second place.

Dallas will come back to earth next week. Rodgers always kick their collective asses.
That is indeed my fear…

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consolation Seattle was worse... we went against an inferior team and got walloped about the same. We couldn't even attribute it to turnovers or special teams blunders (hell we blocked a kick) like you guys could.

Rams especially in the second half just bent us over and had their way with us. 5 straight possessions with a score (most of them longer drawn out drives), and our 4 possessions (excluding the last which went nowhere)? 4 3 and outs...

Only way I can see it is Seattle for whatever reason just quit. I know some injuries started happening... but really?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consolation Seattle was worse... we went against an inferior team and got walloped about the same. We couldn't even attribute it to turnovers or special teams blunders (hell we blocked a kick) like you guys could.

Rams especially in the second half just bent us over and had their way with us. 5 straight possessions with a score (most of them longer drawn out drives), and our 4 possessions (excluding the last which went nowhere)? 4 3 and outs...

Only way I can see it is Seattle for whatever reason just quit. I know some injuries started happening... but really?
With a healthy Stafford the Rams might surprise the NFC this season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we can stop scoring points now.

Signed,
The Guy with the Cowboys ML and under 44.5 parlay.
I just missed my Giants +3 1/2 and the under...and happily lost that bet. Thought it had 20-17 written all over it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants offense showed both the blueprint of how to play against the Cowboys D (run right up the gut over and over) albeit for only one drive and how not to play the Cowboys D (get into 2nd and 3rd and long and let them come after you in waves). GB, Philly and Hou last year did it and in particular GB. Run, run run. If it is 2nd and 10 run it again. If it is 3rd and 4, run it. Make them show they can stop you. GB was down big last year but still kept running and came back. And when they stunt run your QB like Jones did. When their edge rusher go hard around the outside run it inside them. Their edge run containment is too aggressive. The QB keeper around the back edge off the fake works over and over going back to Goff in the playoffs. But if you get into 3rd and long you are going to pay the price.

Last year was probably the first time in my life I was actually much more relaxed when the defense was on the field and felt like little would go wrong. This year seems even more so. The big plays are likely to come all year long even if obviously not at the rate of last night. Next up, a guy who has just killed the Cowboys for years and who has a really good run game and a top defense to help him now. Let's see how it goes, but week 1 was fun from my perspective. May even make RTKs top 10 ranking for week 1. Torn on whether I'm happy or not happy that I decided not to go to the game with that rain and late finish. Would have been both great and horrible at the same time. Lastly, is it just me or did Jerry's belly double in size from last year? Dude looked pregnant last night sitting in that box.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who is making McCarthy look like a really good coach right now?

Dan Quinn.......that's who. Probably top 3 DC in the NFL.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consolation Seattle was worse... we went against an ASSUMED inferior team and got walloped about the same. We couldn't even attribute it to turnovers or special teams blunders (hell we blocked a kick) like you guys could.

FIFY