• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GGG vs. David Lemieux

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both huge KO artists.

Time to check one of their chins in Oct. !!!! No way it makes it to the judges.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate it is scheduled for a Saturday night in October. Between college football and excessive drinking, I'm gonna have to squeeze this one in.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner needs to fight Ward

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this wont hurt my feelings. GGG needs to unify the belts anyways.
Canelo would be a Worthy opponent, But I think GGG would beat the Hell out of Canelo cause he has stamina issues. I don't need to see either of these guys fight Cotto he's already been in to many wars and is likely in the twilight of his career as a rue Championship type fighter IMO. Cotto at this point is becoming a resume builder. I fully expect Canelo to beat Cotto if he is to be consider an upper echelon fighter.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Canelo would be a Worthy opponent, But I think GGG would beat the Hell out of Canelo cause he has stamina issues. I don't need to see either of these guys fight Cotto he's already been in to many wars and is likely in the twilight of his career as a rue Championship type fighter IMO. Cotto at this point is becoming a resume builder. I fully expect Canelo to beat Cotto if he is to be consider an upper echelon fighter.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cotto is the more skilled fighter of canelo & cotto, but Canelo has the physical traits advantage. if Cotto can keep from getting rocked by Canelo. I think he can win. I'm just not sure he can keep from getting rocked.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's ordering the fight this Saturday, and who's being a dirty rat bastard and trying to watch it illegally?

Because I know missing this fight is absolutely not an option.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another ass-whooping. GGG looked about as good as a boxer can get in this fight, everything was working for him.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a disappointment of a fight though. Lemieux was supposed to be some sort of tough guy who would stand toe to toe. Every other fighter I have seen against GGG gets hit with one solid shot and after that is absolutely frightened of eating another one. Lemieux though came into the fight scared already. That shit was ridiculous. Golovkin was already walking g him down by the third round.

But this fight also guaranteed Cotto/Canelo winner won't fight him. He absolutely dominated that fight as a boxer, not just with his power. He could have literally won that fight with just his jab. That jab was dominant tonight, so was his footwork/spacing. Too good of a boxer for Canelo to even have a chance (yet) and still too big and strong for Cotto to have any chance.

Ward is going up to fight Kovalev at 175. Peter Quillin ducked Korobov... Zero chance he'd fight GGG. Cotto has already said he would duck GGG. Canelo is about the only cash cow De La Hoya has left, no way he let's the fight get made. Korobov lost to to a nobody. There's nobody left.

GGG will probably fight some nobody in Monte Carlo around January. I don't even know who, but it won't even be a top 10 in his weight class guy, maybe a catch weight against a 168 pounder. They'll realize the Canelo fight isn't happening, and end up feeding him Andy Lee to get the third major belt. Then after Canelo gets stripped of the belt he is going to win from Cotto, they'll feed another guy (Jacobs maybe?) As the winner gets the WBC belt to unify the titles. Sounds like a pretty boring year compared to the fights that could be made. Im already disappointed and it hasn't even happened for sure yet.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the fight with my pops and we were raving about the footwork and the jab. We hadn't really seen it up to this point because he hasn't really faced anyone with any sort of power that would worry GGG but in this fight, Lemieux was outclassed.

The only fighter out right now who could conceivably go 12 with him is Canelo but GGG is probably the most powerful fighter pound-for-pound. That jab was stiff and popping Lemieux's head, and those body shots brought comparisons to the greats of the past. An impressive fight all around for GGG.

Props to Lemieux for not giving up though, when he got hit with that shot to the ribs that put him on one knee, he could have called it quits right then and there like Mathysse did a little while ago.