• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting excited for the new season

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we'll probably still suck ass, but nothing better than a night at Camden Yards.

Bring on the 2012 season!!!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what a great season it was.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first clicked on this thread, I thought you might have been talking about the 2013 season, lol. I'm sure the sentiment holds true.. but it's good to see you were excited before everything that transpired this season. It was a big question mark, wasn't it? People were glibly talking about how Buck's managing touch at the end of 2010 (where we finished the season strong) was a fluke, and how 2012 was going to be more of the same from 2011.

I was quietly optimistic that we could make a run at a .500 season. I really didn't think 82 wins was that far off the mark. And after our great start to this season, and then our lull around June, I was still thinking we could achieve that goal. (I'm sure you remember our good starts in the recent past, only to be followed by a nosedive come August.)

And, my, how these 2012 O's surpassed what I'd originally hedged they could do. Great season. Some question marks still remain that were there this time last year... can Brian Roberts come back? (And would he even be anywhere near the same player he was?) What will the situation in left field be? But others have been answered.. for the time being, 3B is no longer a question mark. Manny will be there for a while, if JJ is around. We no longer have to sit on pins and needles wondering if Chris Tillman is for real. We don't have to rely on Jake Arrieta or Zach Britton to lead our rotation. They can simply augment it. As it stands now, we have 5 capable pitchers who can fill out the rotation without a guess as to who the #4 or #5 guy will be.

The new questions are, will we allow Mark Reynolds to leave via free agency and re-sign him? Are we still looking at Brian Matusz as a starter, or has he found his niche in the bullpen? Is Chris Davis our DH?

While I don't expect Boston and Toronto to have the same year they just had, I think we have reason to believe that we'll be in the mix again next year. I think we've earned that "expectation".

Great, wildly entertaining season.

Go O's!