• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Get well soon Julius Randle

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken tibia's can be dicey. If it is a complete fracture, he'll have a long rehabilitation. He is young but the surgery will insert pins and stabilizers to help the bone heal. He's done for the year for sure and it'll be a tough road to come back. WE shall see.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really didn't mean that pun. Hope he gets well soon.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors fan?

Very cool...

If Lee and Bogut stay relatively healthy, you guys will be scary.

Keep the splash bros together.

Klay is not max worthy.

Only Lebron and Durant are imho...

But, they are gonna have to pay him.

Good luck this Season...I'll see you around.

Yep...I've been a Dubs fan for a long time, since the mid to late 70's....I follow them as they're the local team up here in SF....but the Knicks are my primary team 1st & foremost....since the late 60's. I was born & raised in NYC.

Good Luck to y'all as well

:suds:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I've been a Dubs fan for a long time, since the mid to late 70's....I follow them as they're the local team up here in SF....but the Knicks are my primary team 1st & foremost....since the late 60's. I was born & raised in NYC.

Good Luck to y'all as well

:suds:

Ah....I'm is SoCal.

I too love the Knicks.

I had a Clipper, Knicks and Suns Avatar when I first joined.

But, that's apparently FROWNED UPON in this establishment:lol:

I wanted the Clippers to draft Cleanthony Early so bad.

You guys got a steal landing him in the 2nd round.

He's gonna be a good player in a few short Seasons.

I hope your Knickers land a top 20 player this offseason.

I read that M Gasol was their target.

I think Al Jefferson would work too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broken tibia's can be dicey. If it is a complete fracture, he'll have a long rehabilitation. He is young but the surgery will insert pins and stabilizers to help the bone heal. He's done for the year for sure and it'll be a tough road to come back. WE shall see.

Yeah...I'm in an Orthotics and Prosthetics program right now and we just went over this recently.

I have an externship at the VA Hospital and some of those guys bounce back quickly after having the rods and pins inserted and others have a long, slow and painful road back.

God speed to this Kid.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol wanted too much $$$.......but he gets hurt way too often to justify it.

We play them (the bulls) at MSG for our season opener tomorrow.

I've been very pleased with what Phil Jackson has done so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol wanted too much $$$.......but he gets hurt way too often to justify it.

We play them (the bulls) at MSG for our season opener tomorrow.

I've been very pleased with what Phil Jackson has done so far.

Not Pau...Marc

His younger, and currently better, Brother.

Sadly, he's been hurt a lot too.

I read a rumor that he was gonna be Phil's target this coming Summer....here it is...

The New York Knicks are widely expected to pursue Marc Gasol with cap space in the 2015 offseason.

Phil Jackson coached Pau Gasol with the Los Angeles Lakers and he believes Marc Gasol is the "quintessential center to play in the triangle offense."

Gasol will almost certainly receive max contract offers in the offseason.

Ronald Tillery/Memphis Commercial Appeal

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were some rumors about Pau a few months ago...but Phil decided to go in a different direction, thank goodness. If Marc becomes available next year, I wouldn't mind at all if he signed with us, provided we have the cap space, which we will have when STAT leaves......so we'll see.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like surgery on wednesday?

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers rookie forward Julius Randle, the team's top draft choice in June, broke his right leg midway through the fourth quarter of Tuesday night's 108-90 loss to the Houston Rockets.
The Lakers said the initial diagnosis by team doctors at Staples Center was a broken tibia. Randle was to undergo further evaluation, and the Lakers said they would provide an update on his status Wednesday.
"It is heartbreaking, because I saw him all summer," coach Byron Scott said. "I saw the work that he was putting in. I saw the progression that he was making, the steps that he was taking to get better. And his first game, he goes down. I don't think anybody in that locker room is happy about the way we played, but we're even more saddened about the fact that we lost one of our young guys."

Randle, the 19-year-old former Kentucky standout selected seventh overall in June, was driving to the basket when his right foot buckled and he collapsed on the court, holding his leg for several minutes while medical officials tended to him.

Scott said he was told that players on the court heard a "pop" when Randle went down.
The Staples Center crowd fell quiet as a stretcher was brought out and Randle's teammates huddled around him beneath the basket. Lakers star Kobe Bryant shook his head in disbelief. Randle's right leg was immobilized, and he was taken off the court.

Scott said he spoke with Randle after the game.
"I just told him to stay strong," Scott said. "Adversity tests the true character of a man. This is some adversity that we're facing with a young guy being out, and obviously, it's something that he's facing. I feel for him. I feel extremely bad for him. He was kind of crying, and I just told him to stay strong and that it's going to make him a better basketball player."
Randle was the SEC's freshman of the year while helping the Wildcats to the NCAA championship game last season.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got up and read the news. Kid is young and procedures today will get him up and going soon enough . Seems to me between this and the foot issues they need to shut him down until next year and get it all addressed, probably stress issues. Sully had surgery and looks like a different man, can happen here too.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see the injury happen but it sounds pretty bad. hope he ends up alright. hope his career isnt ruined

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope for a fast and complete recovery for the kid. Sucks for the Lakers as he has a lot of promise and they were hoping he could become a serious contributor this year. Hopefully other guys can step it up until he returns.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bummer. Julius was one of the few things to look forward to this season. It's a clean break of the tibia and he's having surgery today. Coincidently, James Worthy fractured his leg his rookie season. At least he played most of the season before the injury. It feels like the Lakers have been cursed since the nixed CP3 trade. Somehow the Clippers curse moved down the hall.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worthy had the same injury and his career turned out more than just ok. Hope only the best for this kid, he is still so young.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking for this kid to be a bright spot in what will be an otherwise long season. Hopefully he can recover quickly and return 100%.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people forget Blake Griffin missed his entire first season and look at him now. Just a fracture and he's only 19... he will be just fine.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That top 5 protected pick is not looking quite so distant now. Hope Julius heals and returns. Sad day for him and Laker land.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people forget Blake Griffin missed his entire first season and look at him now. Just a fracture and he's only 19... he will be just fine.

Believe me...I remember:bawling:.

Good things are worth waiting for.

I'm sure the 76ers feel the same way....2 years in a row.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What we all assumed, right?

Last edited by a moderator: