• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General Playoff Discussion

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baggs just mentioned on KNBR that there are not a lot of players left who were part of the Dynasty.

No duh. But it got me thinking…. Who is left? How many rings do those players have?

Posey - 3
Belt - 2
Crawford - 2

Thats it. Other rings in the clubhouse, however…

Cueto - ‘15
Bryant - ‘16
La Stella - ‘16
Wood - ‘20
McGee - ‘20

I think that is it. 8 players, 12 rings.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baggs just mentioned on KNBR that there are not a lot of players left who were part of the Dynasty.

No duh. But it got me thinking…. Who is left? How many rings do those players have?

Posey - 3
Belt - 2
Crawford - 2

Thats it. Other rings in the clubhouse, however…

Cueto - ‘15
Bryant - ‘16
La Stella - ‘16
Wood - ‘20
McGee - ‘20

I think that is it. 8 players, 12 rings.
Going beyond just who from those teams are still with the Giants, consider this:
Only 4 players from the 2010 team played in the big leagues in 2021 - Posey, Bumgarner, Romo and Sandoval. And Sandoval hasn't played since the trade deadline, when he got released by the Indians.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going beyond just who from those teams are still with the Giants, consider this:
Only 4 players from the 2010 team played in the big leagues in 2021 - Posey, Bumgarner, Romo and Sandoval. And Sandoval hasn't played since the trade deadline, when he got released by the Indians.
Hopefully Bum can do is a solid tomorrow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 11 years later. Having almost 20% of the playoff roster still in the league is actually a pretty high percentage.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 11 years later. Having almost 20% of the playoff roster still in the league is actually a pretty high percentage.
The number does jump to 6 (Posey, Bumgarner, Sandoval, Romo, Belt and Crawford) from the 2012 team (8 if you count Petit and Culberson. However, they weren't on the postseason roster).
It goes up further to 8 (Posey, Bumgarner, Sandoval, Romo, Belt, Crawford, Petit and Panik from the 2014 team (13 if you count Adrianza, Duvall, Duffy, Strickland and Kickham).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the 2016 NLDS today. I know, I know, painful.

KB was masterful in that series. Our best hitter was Joey Dozens, followed by Gillaspie, Pagan and Span. Buster was OK, but the rest of the hitters were meh to crap.

On the pitching side: Poopturdjia, Romo and Lopez were AWFUL. MattyMo and Shimmy were really good.

the ninth inning meltdown in Game 4 was epic. To recap, we enter the inning up 5-2, MattyMo pitching 8 beautiful innings.

Derek Law gives up a single to KB
Javy Lopez walks Rizzo
Romo gives up a double to Zobrist -- 5-3
Will Smith gives up a single to Contreras -- 5-5
Will Smith gives up a sac bunt to Heyward
Strickland gives up a single to Baez 5-6

Just an epic parade of complete moundshattery. I wonder if someone can pull up our game thread? 10.11.16

Of course, the three batter rule would have changed things quite a bit. Probably go straight to Smith to begin the inning.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the 2016 NLDS today. I know, I know, painful.

KB was masterful in that series. Our best hitter was Joey Dozens, followed by Gillaspie, Pagan and Span. Buster was OK, but the rest of the hitters were meh to crap.

On the pitching side: Poopturdjia, Romo and Lopez were AWFUL. MattyMo and Shimmy were really good.

the ninth inning meltdown in Game 4 was epic. To recap, we enter the inning up 5-2, MattyMo pitching 8 beautiful innings.

Derek Law gives up a single to KB
Javy Lopez walks Rizzo
Romo gives up a double to Zobrist -- 5-3
Will Smith gives up a single to Contreras -- 5-5
Will Smith gives up a sac bunt to Heyward
Strickland gives up a single to Baez 5-6

Just an epic parade of complete moundshattery. I wonder if someone can pull up our game thread? 10.11.16

Of course, the three batter rule would have changed things quite a bit. Probably go straight to Smith to begin the inning.
For your reading pleasure: