• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - San Jose at Ottawa - Dec 2, 4:30PM

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the contracts that San Jose already had in place I don't think that they could have signed Manny to that type of deal. Wallin is a waste of cap space but it is only for one year.

I guess they could have let Pavs walk and signed Malhotra instead but I think that would have been a bad move.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another glorious Sharks victory. Have a good night gents.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh for sure, in retrospect, I'd rather DWil have given Malhotra $2.75 and not given Wallin all that money. But you have to admit Cmon, Malhotra making $2.75mil for the next 3 years would have handcuffed the Sharks really badly.....especially the next two seasons after this one.

It would have handcuffed him this year only because of the Wallin disaster and the questionable goalie situation. It would have had little significance in the 2nd and 3rd years. Wilson probably felt his depth at defense was a lot worse then on offense. He obviously thought he was going to get more out of McGinn and Mitchell or possibly MacIntyre and it turns out he once again misjudged the ability level of his players.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inspired effort by the Sharks today. Now all they have to do is play like that every night.

Even if/when Huskins and Wallin come back, they shouldn't play. They make rookie mistakes, but any two of Moore, Joslin and Braun are better than those guys.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have handcuffed him this year only because of the Wallin disaster and the questionable goalie situation. It would have had little significance in the 2nd and 3rd years. Wilson probably felt his depth at defense was a lot worse then on offense. He obviously thought he was going to get more out of McGinn and Mitchell or possibly MacIntyre and it turns out he once again misjudged the ability level of his players.

I think he also thought he'd get more out of Setoguchi too. But yeah, he made some really bad moves on defense. I don't know, I love Malhotra as a player, I just couldn't stomach him for his current salary and length though so I'll have to respectfully disagree. Then again, I can't stomach Wallin and Huskins in a professional uniform even for league minimum.....

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatley must be happy. He didn't score but the home crowd had nothing to cheer for. Also goo to see Niemi not give up a 4 spot.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Manny's contract that bad? Three years at $2.5 per for an elite third line center is cap well spent imo. In a vacuum, I think Manny's deal is a good deal for any team. If McGinn, Mitchell, and Seto had stepped up their play as they were predicted to, then not re-signing Manny would be the right move. But as you guys said, Doug overestimated the production he'd get from his youngster forwards and so this team's forward depth is hurting.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been watching the Sharks because I'm waiting for Doug to take care of business but how does Braun look? Is he the real deal?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Win, but are the Sens that bad of a team?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatley = The Smelly Stuff

In the Cheapseats: Dany's return fails to spark Sens | Hockey | Sports | Ottawa Sun

I think Don Brennan has taken over as my least favorite Columnist/Journalist (if he qualifies for either that is).....and I'm not even a big Heatley fan.

EDIT: And to Ray_Dogg, Braun is the real deal so far on offense. The kid moves his feet to get into better shooting lanes, is not afraid to take something off his shot and just simply wrist it on net and has a cannon when he is able to get his slapper off. He's still got a LOT of work to do in his own end, but I think that will improve the more he plays. He reminds me a little of Demers last year.....scary at both ends of the rink.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heatley = The Smelly Stuff

EDIT: And to Ray_Dogg, Braun is the real deal so far on offense. The kid moves his feet to get into better shooting lanes, is not afraid to take something off his shot and just simply wrist it on net and has a cannon when he is able to get his slapper off. He's still got a LOT of work to do in his own end, but I think that will improve the more he plays. He reminds me a little of Demers last year.....scary at both ends of the rink.

I agree, Braun's ability to get shots off is a refreshing thing to see. Braun can also execute a breakout with confidence, another refreshing thing to see. He needs to play and learn so he can start contributing his offensive skills without being a defensive liability. I think the speed of the opposing forwards are a bit overwhelming for him right now and he's just trying not to mess up, but in doing so he's reacting too much instead of anticipating and that results in him being a step late in getting to where he needs to be, defensively. He had a horrid game versus the Wings but deserves a pass there.

I'm going to go ahead and chalk this guy up as another late round gem for the Sharks. Anytime a 7th round pick is counted on to contribute to the big club, that's a successful draft pick.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope McLellan starts giving Braun more PP time. IMO a Demers/Braun combo would work well together once Demers is healthy again. It would probably also be in their best intrest to shelter him from logging too much PK time against the better teams. Both for Brauns confidence/developement and the teams overall preformance.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Mike Moore so far? For a physical defenseman I haven't noticed him exerting much of the physicality. He also seems to have slow foot speed with no quick first step. He's not that big of a guy so I don't know why he seems so slow to me. I have not watched him too closely.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If God's taught us anything, which he hasn't, it's that women should stick to girly sports like hot oil wrestling or foxy boxing.

I don't know if I should be offended by the quote or offended because you got it wrong.

"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such. "

:mad:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If God's taught us anything, which he hasn't, it's that women should stick to girly sports like hot oil wrestling or foxy boxing.

I don't know if I should be offended by the quote or offended because you got it wrong.

"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such. "

:mad:

Lol. Yeah, I'd be more offended if the quote is wrong.

I never watced the show that much. I copied and pasted it from a Homer Simpson Quotes website. Thought it was pretty funny so I used it. It's probably going to get replaced by something from Al Bundy in the near future.