• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - San Jose at Detroit - Dec 6, 4:30PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks blow 2 goal leads on the road but not 3 goal leads, right?

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing questionable about Logan is his moustache.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a pleasantly unexpected satisfying win, and only the 6th ever regular season win in DET. :D I wish they could bottle up this effort and apply it to a long stretch of games, although that would be difficult to do in reality.

Chills

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow... mitchell looked really small next to heatley and thornton... hahah

Chills

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
such a dork... I just realized I was watching the game on DVR and not live.. my remarks are slightly delayed.. lol sorry about that...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a holiday miracle!

Great last 40 minutes for the Sharks. It's amazing what having dmen like Braun, Demers, and Joslin who can move the puck in transition, can do for a team. Braun was also much better in his own zone tonight and should definately stay in the line-up over Wallin and Huskins.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a holiday miracle!

Great last 40 minutes for the Sharks. It's amazing what having dmen like Braun, Demers, and Joslin who can move the puck in transition, can do for a team. Braun was also much better in his own zone tonight and should definately stay in the line-up over Wallin and Huskins.

At some point, should TMac just go with athleticism and youth over experience? Take your lumps with the youngsters but know that they are learning and improving as opposed to watching Wallin and Huskins get outplayed knowing that they are what they are and aren't getting any better.

It's a lot to ask for, but just do it hoping that it pays off down the road. Rely on coaching to get them confident and up to speed.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At some point, should TMac just go with athleticism and youth over experience? Take your lumps with the youngsters but know that they are learning and improving as opposed to watching Wallin and Huskins get outplayed knowing that they are what they are and aren't getting any better.

It's a lot to ask for, but just do it hoping that it pays off down the road. Rely on coaching to get them confident and up to speed.

I'm not sure Joslin, in TMac's opinion, has played well enough to keep either Wallin or Huskins out of the line-up once both are fully healthy. Their ice time tonight is a good indication of that. Joslin logged less ice then both dmen coming back from injury where as Braun had 5+ minutes more.

I think the ideal senario for the Sharks for the remainder of this season would be to keep Braun in the line-up then move Huskins + a forward for a solid 2-way dman who will be with the team longer than just being a rental. Keeping Wallin as the 7th dman and either sending Joslin back to Worcester or moving him in a trade as well.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it Cmon

So what do you guys think, has Niemi been better or about the same as you thought at the beginning of the season? He seems to be getting more confident in net at least.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like it Cmon

So what do you guys think, has Niemi been better or about the same as you thought at the beginning of the season? He seems to be getting more confident in net at least.

I think most of us had low expectations of Niemi. Some of those expectations stemming from the defense being put in front of him and some from watching what his strengths and weaknesses were last season. It's noticable Niemi and the defense have made several adjustments after working extensively with Schwab. So far the results of those adjustments have been outstanding.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much heat as we gave the defense, Niemi should be paying for their dinner or hookers tonight, they made him look alot better then he played.

He was leaping at pucks like Grant Fuhr used to do, not a recipe for long term success. The d was good with quick outs and the sharks transition game looked good for the first time since Erhoff was here

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the first period, so I pretty much only saw the good stuff, but dare I say that tonight Wallin actually played alright? *ducks as bottles get thrown*

And I'm not saying that because he scored. That goal was pretty lucky. The Sharks seriously need to start playing like they did the final 40 all the time.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the AP postgame recap:

“The motivation can’t be external, it has to be internal in our locker room,” McLellan said. “Until we get that, until we make that decision—and I’ve said that over and over and over again—we’ll continue to play the way we’re playing.

“I don’t know when the light is going to go on. They prove to each other on alternating game nights that they can do it.”

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where is this Sharks team, during all those blow out loses?

Bowlby

The DON
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A win in detroit! nice! now they need to win in philly since im gonna be there..